Awoo.

Sonic Dream Team Gets New Zone And Ranking System On April 17th

Failinhearts

Get that renewal of your Apple Arcade subscription ready Sonic fans, cause it is time to return to the Dreamscape! A free update to Sonic Dream Team is on the way this week!

As reported on by Digital Trends, starting April 17th, Sonic Dream Team will be expanded with an all new world: Sweet Dreams Zone. This new locale contains pulleys, swings and poles to help reach the uncharted skies as you complete a new suite of objectives!

Additionally, the classic Sonic ranking system is being added to every single level in the game, allowing you to perfect your speedrunning tactics and get those S-Ranks! What would a Sonic game be without them, after all?

Lastly, this new update will bring forth some additional new collectibles yet to be disclosed. But we won't have long to wait to find out what they are, and what they will do!

Additionally, Digital Trends reached out to SEGA Hardlight, the developers of Sonic Dream Team on the status of additional playable characters, especially due to SEGA's big Year of Shadow marketing campaign. So far, they can't confirm or deny, but they are open to the idea.

But for now, this will surely make do! Will you be logging onto your iOS device April 17th to visit Sweet Dreams Zone? Or will you play through everything again to see just how many S-Ranks you can rack up?

Or are you still patiently waiting for the day this game comes to other platforms? Keep waiting, by the way. Still no word on that.

Either way, sweet dreams!

------------

Thanks, Azure on the Sonic Stadium Discord for the tip!

Original Post Content:

View full story

• Thumbs Up 2

If they introduce Shadow as a new playable character for the Speed class, who might they introduce for the other two classes?

I’m exited but also not excited about this. My free subscription ran out and I already 100%ed the game at this point in time. It was fun, but not something I’m dying to play again anytime soon. While I love going for S ranks, it’s not enough this time around to make me come back. New characters are welcome, but since they literally do the same functions, it won’t persuade me to play again either. Make it more uncommon characters if they are though like Silver and Espio 

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Lorekitten said:

If they introduce Shadow as a new playable character for the Speed class, who might they introduce for the other two classes?

Jet for Flight, Omega/Gamma for Power, maybe?

• Thumbs Up 2

"Sweet Dreams Zone" its so obvious, we already know its Sugar-related, SEGA, no surprise here.

26 minutes ago, CalmCha0s said:

I’m exited but also not excited about this. My free subscription ran out and I already 100%ed the game at this point in time. It was fun, but not something I’m dying to play again anytime soon. While I love going for S ranks, it’s not enough this time around to make me come back. New characters are welcome, but since they literally do the same functions, it won’t persuade me to play again either. Make it more uncommon characters if they are though like Silver and Espio 

If many others feel like you,it seems a port (or two!) might be the best chance for the longevity of  this game in the long run

• Thumbs Up 2

Dream team-y

55 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

If many others feel like you,it seems a port (or two!) might be the best chance for the longevity of  this game in the long run

I certainly hope this happens. Locking the game behind Apple Arcade is pretty non-consumer-friendly if you ask me.

Goddammiit, put Shadow in this bitch!

We're in the Year of Shadow right now, why in the fuck didn't they take advantage of that here?

Pretty good DLC stuffs I’ve gotta say excepted Dream Tream come sooner adding it in plus me some old rank coming baby! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Now if only they'd release it on something for people without iPhones...

• Absolutely 1

Non-Apple users waiting for Dream Team to hit Consoles and PC:

image.thumb.png.37a27855bda3a1cc205b6c0b682b3eac.png