Awoo.

Character Redesign

Cyb3rkn1ght

Hello! this is my first topic, and I want to spread my wings a bit, so here goes nothing. today, I'm going to give you descriptions of designs for the sonic characters for a Sonic Reboot game; Sonic: Soul. Made by The artist Mark Flynn, this project is just inspired by it. (Go check out his first video so you can get a grasp on what things are.) for now, ill focus on the Classic 4, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy (Get it? because its the classic games? and there's 4 of them?). in the future, I will do characters like Sticks the badger, Shadow, and many more, but not like characters like trip or Surge because I think some are best kept how they are. lets get to it!

--Sonic---------------

For sonic, nothing will really change. i know, shocking, but there are a few differences. for one, He will have blue arms, resembling Boom and movie sonic. his gloves, haircut and other body parts are the same, except, he will have a scarf. this scarf reminds him of him mission to save nature from the corruption of others. (if you don't understand, this is why you need to watch the video). his shoes for the first game, will be black and red instead of the trademark red and white. Bold change, but afterwards he gets the right shoes. there are wings on his shoes, as a sidenote. oh yeah, and he has green eyes.

image.png.c6263b95ff500ad59c50d952aa83cad7.png

--Tails----------------

Tails, in contrast to sonic, has HUGE changes. Starting off, he will be an ARCTIC fox, instead of our Tails' Woodland look. He will have blue shoes, with a mostly Aviation Outfit, especially the goggles. (Maybe just the goggles, idk) after the events of the first game, Sonic saves tails from the rubble of the factory, because he also is an experiment of eggman's, trying to make smart animals. he hates the heat, but in contrast, sonic loves it. i thing the design philosophy behind sonic and tails is that they should either compare or contrast (I think contrast).

image.png.7b3a05e8ad89b531a8a214153068de57.png             

--Knuckles------------

oooh, boy. the Dude tougher than leather itself. When I looked online for inspriating for him, all I saw was either boom knuckles, Tribal knuckles, or a big beefcake. honestly, I want to stick with the original design. big hands, little body. i just grown to it, it seems like the right choice, BUT, I would add some things, like the hat from OVA, Tape on his body, and boots that look like an adventure, to show his characteristics of being a treasure hunter (the boots), apart of a dying race (tape), and being alone on a stranded island (the hat). my idea for the classic games, is to have every island as one, that way, no one gets confused over whose plane it is (Sonic's), and make storytelling a tad more, connected.

image.png.3514ceab1388251d1cdcae2326f94a15.png

--Amy----------------

YAYAYAYAYAYA the best hedgehog around, Amy! i cant WAIT to draw her when I get better, but here's a run-Down; for a solid start, she will ALWAYS have her headband on. that means, no sonic-head amy (Classic design), only modern haircut, to show that may, is more than just a simp for sonic. second off, her secondary color other than pink, is purple. basically, she'll have more of a magician Get-up, like a purple headband, purple dress, but different shoes. The shoes, this time, is still high as before, but has a horizontal buckle for a fantasy-vibe. her hair will be, part Bobbed, and part spikey, just to reference both classic and modern. her dress also has a belt, but is still skirt-like. her weapon is MAGIC. the only reason? because shes useless in the canon now, so I'm giving her some use! first off, shes a magic user, and can sense magic all around her. she has a deep connection with the time stones, but shes never seen one before, so, she studies. she has use of a infinite space, somewhere in the special stage world. she can use special rings (the ones that teleports you to special stages) to use this infinite space, and warp her hammer anywhere! the hammer glows like Boom, but is mostly normal. it has prints on it to show its magic, and she uses that and magic tarot cards to jump around and fight. in-game, she would play like Celeste/Metroid, where she still platforms, but, she also uses her magic more. if only sega really tap'd into the game she was presented in, then she would be WAY more interesting.

image.png.ed4b3a2fd21b72b2682026d31f29851b.png                  image.png.9f3581807bfd91bd5ca5bbf4d5eae8d7.png                     image.png.28a013e0d94a952b4a57528138c22949.png

And that's it! i had fun dreaming this up, although it took away from school (I have homework now!11!!1!!1!), I'm gonna let you guys critizes, and see what you would keep, add or take away from what I have in mind! thank yu for reading, and have a good day!

Edited by Cyb3rkn1ght
Pictrues
  • Thumbs Up 3

Nice designs but I would keep Sonic's trademark Shoes and Tails is still a red fox. I still want them to look kinda the same!

i mean, wouldn't it be cool? i mean, I honestly don't know about the arctic fox thing, I'm not sold on it, but still, id love to see a different variation of him. (Mangey and Sails my beloveds)

I'm not sold on the Black Shoes for Sonic mainly... (i love mangey and sails)

Edited by Maple Syrup