Awoo.

Preview of my fanfiction.

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

Here's a preview of my fanfiction, the very first paragraph. It's the first person. I wanted to convey some ideas of themes of the story through this monologue, but I hope you like it. And of course, criticism to make it better is open, but don't be harsh or mean.

A lingering shadow

Think, think back to your older days. Were you happy? Were you mad? From what I remember, my past was dark. Just a gruesome, dark image; my best friend's death. But do you let those dark moments define you? I used to let them define me; I believed my task was to destroy the human race, but in the end I learned I was meant to do the opposite. I nearly died trying to do the right thing. Even though I survived, I lost my memories. But soon, a doom came upon the planet, and I learnt about my past. But to be honest, I'm not the happiest knowing the truth again, but despite that fact I was still able to put the past behind me. I'd moved on from then, so why go back there again?

Edited by IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

Oooh.. Interesting.. So far, so good!

Very nice! I love how it's from Shadow's POV. I always like an extra layer of depth in fanfics. The only piece of constructive criticism I would offer is to consider using semicolons. They're a good way to organize information without ending the sentences too short. For example:

2 hours ago, IHaveACaseOfSonicMania said:

Just a gruesome, dark image; my best friend's death. 

I used to let them define me; I believed my task was to destroy the human race, but in the end I learned I was meant to do the opposite. 

They're not required in any sense, but they do help with organization in some cases. Also, they look nice!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounding really good so far. I like the Shadow POV. I feel you’ve pretty well nailed what his character is. I’m excited to see where this goes!