& Knuckles

Meme, approved!

Ugandan Knuckles

Sanic

Tails gets Trolled

Tails Bench

Uh meow

Gangsta's Paradise

Where's that damn FOURTH Chaos Emerald!?

I was not expecting that, but I was expecting to not except something so it doesn't count.

Eggman's announcement

Hahaha, one!

You fool, I have seventy alternative accounts!

I miss my wife Tails.

I'm going to kill you... and then kill you again!

Eggman is forklift certified.

Big oof

Frontiers status

Squid

Harry Potter Obama Sonic backpack

Those are all the Sonic memes I can remember off the top of my head, what are the ones you can remember?

Edited by IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

I don't think some of these are "memes." At least in the sense they aren't referenced a ton through other non-Sonic communities. Obviously, Uganda Knuckles, Sanic, Pingas, and random quotes from that fandub certainly are, much to my distaste.  But some of these?  Some of these I haven't even heard of, they're likely just Sonic-community jokes.

And "big oof?" "Gangsta's paradise?" These are hardly Sonic memes.

I'd say big oof counts as a meme for a second there. 

I doubt it's a meme but I really want

"You might know everything I'm going to, but that's not going to help you since I know everything YOU'RE going to do. STRANGE ISN'T IT?"

to be a meme.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Sanic" and "Gotta go Fast", even thought they are almost the same thing and often they're simplified as one, technically they are separated things.

Sometimes "Gotta go Fast" is just a reference to Sonic X' opening without connection to the badly drawn Sonic from the "Sanic" meme.

From the comics, there's "No fun allowed" and the Shadow face from that panel with Marine, but I'm not sure if these are known outside of the community.

"Ow the Edge" might though.

Games such as Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06, Sonic 4 and Rise of Lyric (maybe Forces and some cringe scenes from Colors too) have been memed for a while but nowadays nobody cares anymore outside of the Sonic community.

Same goes for the "Barrel of Doom".

12 hours ago, Cuz said:

I'd say big oof counts as a meme for a second there.

It's definitely a meme, yeah. It's just not a Sonic meme. It's just one of these things that were created and spread all over the Internet with no credited fandom-based origin point.

Sonic referenced it in a comic once, but about it.

• Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, Wittymations said:

It's definitely a meme, yeah. It's just not a Sonic meme. It's just one of these things that were created and spread all over the Internet with no credited fandom-based origin point.

Sonic referenced it in a comic once, but about it.

oh I thought it origionated from the comic.

I just remembered the "Alone on a Friday night? God you're pathetic." Meme, I literally reference that all the time, how did I forget!?

22 hours ago, Cuz said:

oh I thought it origionated from the comic.

Naw.

It's basically a spinoff of "Oof size large" which was made at some point in 2019. And even then, "big oof" dates back to 2018 as far as Urban Dictionary goes. That particular comic panel is a 2022 thing.

An example of it being a meme way beforehand, All Might in the My Hero Abridged series from Something Witty Entertainment says "big oof" at the end of the initial episode. 2019.

Edited by Wittymations
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does "Ugly Sonic" count as a meme? It probably was one, but I think it aged already, and now I don't see anyone bringing it up anymore.

Glockles is the best.

guys-forget-shadow-glockles-is-the-real-deal-now-v0-l08hek1ncrpc1.thumb.webp.7ff6affc63b42e238a540c804a59f2c8.webp

2 hours ago, Maple Syrup said:

Glockles

Woah, dude, lets slow down-

• My Emmerdoods 1

8 hours ago, Iko said:

Does "Ugly Sonic" count as a meme? It probably was one, but I think it aged already, and now I don't see anyone bringing it up anymore.

For a bit. Even made its way into real media if I remember correctly. Like some show where ugly Sonic was at a convention center signing autographs or something.

You also forgot Sonichu and

unnamed.gif.9f08f9371474a784272fbcf69fb588b2.gif