Awoo.

Unicorn Overlord

Phoenix

Anyone here playing the game right now? It's kind of taken over all my free time. I've just finished Elheim and am starting Bastorias.

Honestly, if I didn't have too much else on my plate, I would've been all over this; but as it stands it looks like kind of a lot, and I know I don't have time for it!  It's a real shame, as this kind of medieval strategy game has become well up my street in the past couple of years - and I really enjoyed Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels and GrimGrimoire.  It's good to see it doing well, at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Luckily for me, I kinda just buy like two games a year, so there's not much else competing for my free time.

It's a lot. It's hard to explain. The story is pretty milquetoast, the game is a bit on the easy side, and it has some UI/UX issues. But the gameplay loop is fantastic. From battles to exploration to resource gathering to discovering new battles, the fact that the battle maps are 1 to 1 on the over world, and that you visit and restore the very same towns you occupied in the battle map. It just feels amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1