Awoo.

Sonic Music- Favorite Songs and Discussions

Sonicfan787

I always wanted to know what soundtrack/ Sonic songs were people's favorites and why. Being a huge fan of soundtracks myself, I love digging deeper into them and really observing all of the layers and details.

Let's start this off with a more recent track, I'm Here. Honestly, who couldn't love this song? I know there are many other great Sonic hits out there, but this one just hits different. From the keyboard lines and guitar harmonies, to the key changes and vocals, the song just feels so complete and finished. Some tracks I've heard tend to feel like a repeat the 2nd time around, but this one never fails to keep you intrigued. Is there anything you have noticed that you love about it that maybe I didn't take note of?

The Sonic Frontiers soundtracks are TOP OF THE BEST since SA2! As the songs run, mysterious lyrics, fast-paced drums, sublime guitar solos, and different instruments gained my respect in SECONDS! Undefeatable, I'm Here, Find your Flame, and Break Through it All are just amazing songs. These songs made me want to learn Electric Guitar!(I don't know it yet, but I might take classes.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the music from Sonic and the Black Knight, part of that is nostalgia, and it is legitimately a good soundtrack. It sounds so adventurous and the levels get you pumped up to take on a challenge. Misty Lake is my favorite opening Sonic song, fight me.

I think it'd be easier to list the one's I don't like than the one's I like, but I'll try.

I honestly enjoy the U.S. Sonic CD soundtrack as well as the Saturn Sonic 3D Blast soundtrack. Sonic R I consider a guilty pleasure.

As for individual songs, I enjoy almost all the non-cyberspace vocal songs from Frontiers, especially the titan battles. Most of the Crush 40 songs are good as well, though some are a bit iffy (I had a friend say that "Sonic Heroes" sounds like a song out of a sitcom.)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Maple Syrup said:

The Sonic Frontiers soundtracks are TOP OF THE BEST since SA2! As the songs run, mysterious lyrics, fast-paced drums, sublime guitar solos, and different instruments gained my respect in SECONDS! Undefeatable, I'm Here, Find your Flame, and Break Through it All are just amazing songs. These songs made me want to learn Electric Guitar!(I don't know it yet, but I might take classes.)

Agreed! Another one of my favorites from Frontiers, that was electronic, is Signs. The synths remind me of an EDM artist I grew up listening too, so it was pretty nostalgic for me. The song also inspired me to start producing my own music and "Cyberspace" tracks for the fun of it.

3 hours ago, Sideswipe said:

I love the music from Sonic and the Black Knight, part of that is nostalgia, and it is legitimately a good soundtrack. It sounds so adventurous and the levels get you pumped up to take on a challenge. Misty Lake is my favorite opening Sonic song, fight me.

Ngl, I actually haven't heard that yet. Checking it out now.

2 hours ago, captobvious42 said:

I think it'd be easier to list the one's I don't like than the one's I like, but I'll try.

I honestly enjoy the U.S. Sonic CD soundtrack as well as the Saturn Sonic 3D Blast soundtrack. Sonic R I consider a guilty pleasure.

As for individual songs, I enjoy almost all the non-cyberspace vocal songs from Frontiers, especially the titan battles. Most of the Crush 40 songs are good as well, though some are a bit iffy (I had a friend say that "Sonic Heroes" sounds like a song out of a sitcom.)

Yeah! Crush 40 really grabbed my attention with SA2's theme

Another one I really love, especially the guitar solo that shreds, is Fist Bump Edge remix. It's one of those songs, for me at least, that  you can't help but repeat 100 times over. Ha ha

There's so many over the years that even listing one favorite song per game would be a difficult task. If there's any song that really sticks out in my mind, it would have to be Sky Sanctuary as a good contender for my all time favorite Sonic song. It was an incredible feeling to look up all the games after playing my first Sonic title, going to Sonic-hq.org, and then finding the Sonic 3 & Knuckles page with this:

playing in the background as the page describes how big of a game it was, the unusual circumstance of having it be split into 2, and the epic story it told as it talked not only about Knuckles and his relation to the island's ruins and history but also the emeralds in which it shockingly listed that there were 14 separate emeralds to collect, which granted further transformations beyond the Super forms. It really made we want to play it back when I only had a GBA and so scrambled to find any way to play it online. Even went to Sega's site online (I think) which allowed for a small temporary demo of both games. So I was very pleased when the would be forgotten zone would make a triumphant return in both Generations and All Stars Racing Transformed with worthy remixes to boot.

Edited by Treacher
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Basically any song from 06, especially Crisis City and Kingdom Valley in particular. Ohtani’s blend of orchestral instruments in some songs with hints of EDM throughout the tracks works greatly for the levels. Other tracks like Wave Ocean, Flame Core and Radical Train take a more rock style approach, like something you would hear from the Adventure games.

06’s soundtrack is probably one of, if not the most musically diverse original soundtrack for a Sonic game.

• 3 weeks later...

There are so many good tracks out there that it's difficult to pick one, but after the release of Frontiers, One Way Dream quickly became one of my favorite vocal tracks. It's catchy, upbeat, inspiring, and of course, it's a message from Sonic Team themselves! What's not to love about it! One of my favourite line from One Way Dream  is 'Heads up high, reach for the top. Give it everything that you got'. It's extremely motivating, especially during periods of struggle at university; it's a track that always manages to lift my mood and spirits! Frontiers, in general, holds a special place in my heart. I could be here all day talking about the different soundtracks, but I'll leave this here. If you haven't heard the Sonic Runners soundtrack, I'd highly recommend giving it a listen. Sure, it's a bit short, but it's absolutely fantastic!