Awoo.

Thoughts on Sonic Omens?

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

Okay, I know this game was a long while ago, but I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on this fangame that's become notorious in the Sonic fandom.

First, I think it could've had potential, if it was planned better in terms of story, level design and boss fights. The only thing I really enjoyed, and only by looking at gameplay, was the final boss and the cutscene before it, without seeing anything else in the game, since that's what happened to me. I liked the idea of Exiled's backstory, I love the theme song "Weight of the world". But that's where my praises end.

The story could have been planned out better, especially that one cutscene in Ep.5. But my biggest problem is probably the controversies around its development.

So in summary, had potential, but is held back by major flaws in terms of story and more, and its controversies.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

• ChaosCTRL

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember (please correct me if I’m wrong), the team behind Omens granted early access to unfinished chapters to their Patreon members. Many people interpreted this as the team charging money for fan content, urging Sega to take legal action (and because the early access content was still unfinished, many complained about the quality).

I don’t really want to make judgements on the story and gameplay, since I haven’t played it for myself.

2 hours ago, ChaosCTRL said:

From what I remember (please correct me if I’m wrong), the team behind Omens granted early access to unfinished chapters to their Patreon members. Many people interpreted this as the team charging money for fan content, urging Sega to take legal action (and because the early access content was still unfinished, many complained about the quality).

I don’t really want to make judgements on the story and gameplay, since I haven’t played it for myself.

Yeah, they profited off the fangame (despite it being based of a pre-existing property) but they weren't gonna pay the people who worked on the game (though I don't know if that would actually justify that action) but instead was just gonna go into Bolt's, creator of the fangame, pockets. I could go into other problems like the Maria thing, if you have no clue what that was about then proceed with caution, but there's a good chunk of videos on their situations, Splashdash made two videos on the situation and I'd recommend his videos.