Awoo.

TargetCon Exclusive Flocked Shadow and Amy Funko Pops Revealed!

Failinhearts

Ryannumber1gamer
This post was recognized by Ryannumber1gamer!

Failinhearts was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 30 points.

Anyone order their figures with extra fluff, supersize the black eyes? Why, Funko's got the toys for you!

With a brand as big as Funko, it only makes sense that SEGA continues to expand their reach on the range by delving further into the realm of store exclusives. From Hot Topic to Gamestop, there is no shortage of Sonic themed Funko Pops to fill your collection with that extra helping of artificial scarcity.

And this time, its Target's time to shine. Spotted by Funko leaker DisTrackers, Shadow and Amy are being re-released in a two pack! But this time, with a flocked finish, adding a little bit of softness to your vinyl collection... or at least your local convention's massive dealer room a few months from now.

But here's the catch, not only is this a Target exclusive, it's a TargetCon exclusive! What's TargetCon you ask, international readers? Why it's a special day in the US where Target releases a whole range of exclusive products just for this event, mostly prone to sell out the week of.

TargetCon begins this Sunday, including the release of these figures. So if your completionist's sense is tingling, you better line up behind those pearly red spheres!

image (15).png

Edited by Failinhearts
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

They look great, fair play.

But this is also why i hate funko pops...so many region / retailer /  event "exclusives" that its impossible to complete a collection.  Look great, but not for me.

ShadAmy fans are probably having a field day with this pack! 😜

Edited by Austroid

Adorable! I like the posing of them, too. An oddly specific pairing, but cute nonetheless!

2 hours ago, ChaosCTRL said:

An oddly specific pairing

Not really. It's probably in the top five of most common pairings in the fandom. Assuming you mean "oddly" in the sense of unusual.

Edited by Wittymations

2 hours ago, Wittymations said:

Not really. It's probably in the top five of most common pairings in the fandom. Assuming you mean "oddly" in the sense of unusual.

I’m well aware of the popularity of the pairing in the fandom. I more so meant unusual on Sega’s end. Aside from the concert it’s implied they went to, and their conversation toward the climax of Sonic adventure 2, we don’t really see Amy and Shadow directly interact very often.

22 hours ago, ChaosCTRL said:

I’m well aware of the popularity of the pairing in the fandom. I more so meant unusual on Sega’s end. Aside from the concert it’s implied they went to, and their conversation toward the climax of Sonic adventure 2, we don’t really see Amy and Shadow directly interact very often.

Guess this depends if they really needed SEGA's approval to make the pops paired together or not. Contractually, they may have a fair bit of leeway. Could be the Funko cashing in on the pairing. Or maybe SEGA of America knew it and did it.

Personally doubt it really is meant to hint at more than easy money.

Actually, has Amy ever been revealed in any of the movies? I don't care for them and don't watch them. If she hasn't appeared yet but is going to be revealed next, that'd explain it. Tie in there.

Edited by Wittymations

On 2/16/2024 at 5:56 AM, Austroid said:

ShadAmy fans are probably having a field day with this pack! 😜

lol am I right?

That's not the only Sonic X Targetcon item; there's a Funko POP Sonic mini-backpack there as well, so I got one as well. Retailed for $40 USDimage.png.6205e6add8d50295c23f7314be729353.png

DAMNIT, I could've kill two birds with one stone by purchasing the pack instead of considering buy them individually! I'm not even sure if its in stores or online.

UPDATE 2/21: My Target(s) have it and I got it today!

Edited by StreetSonic2022
Update