Awoo.

Rocket Knight & Felix The Cat Collections Announced.

Rabid-Coot

The Rocket Knight compilation in particular is interesting as the included mini/full sized comic looks to be the first reprint of matierial from Sonic the Comic since its end 22 years ago.

GDl-EE06-W0-AArtvt-format-jpg-name-4096x

Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked collection

Standard Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

Physical copy of Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked, which includes three Rocket Knight titles in one collection

Reversible cover

Mini-Comic

Classic Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

Physical copy of Rocket Knight Adventures: Re-Sparked, which includes three Rocket Knight titles in one collection

Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from Rocket Knight titles

Reversible poster

SteelBook

Retro-inspired clamshell packaging with reversible cover art

Ultimate Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from Rocket Knight titles

Reversible poster

SteelBook

Retro-inspired clamshell packaging with reversible cover art

Sparkster statuette

Full-sized comic

Design document collection

Mini cartridge display case

Certificate of authenticity

Felix the Cat collection

Standard Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

Physical copy of Felix the Cat bundle featuring the 1992 NES title and 1993 Game Boy title of the same name

Classic Edition (Switch, PS4 & PS5):

Physical copy of the Felix the Cat bundle featuring the 1992 NES title and 1993 Game Boy title of the same name

Physical CD soundtrack featuring original music from the Felix the Cat titles

Reversible poster

Packaging inspired by the original Felix the Cat NES release box

https://www.polygon.com/24034492/konami-felix-cat-rocket-knight-sparkster-limited-run-games

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

Oh my god!!...
RKA is my favourite series along with SONIC!!...
It is the only series I find as crazy as the SONIC series!!...
I'm so in love with Sparkster and his world Elhorn!!...

Sadly, the compilation has no X-Box version and the 4th episode released in 2010 is missing (but you can still buy it : it is a great game too)!!...

Sparkster, I knew you would rise again someday!!...

• Fist Bump 1

This looks great! I am generally quite particular about which games I buy physical these days as I just don't have the space anymore, but initiatives like this are brilliant as long as I can buy the same game digitally if I prefer.

I will likely go digital with all of these but Sparkster is mighty tempting. I heard the Felix games are actually pretty good so I'd like to try them just to have them in my library.

Felix is Konami too, right? It seems like Konami really wants to explore its back catalogue, and apparently licensed IP doesn't seem to be an issue for them..? Wonder what else they would re-release (PleasePutMysticalNinjaStarringGoemonOnN64SwitchOnlineAppPleaseKonamiThankYou)

3 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

Felix is Konami too, right? It seems like Konami really wants to explore its back catalogue, and apparently licensed IP doesn't seem to be an issue for them..? Wonder what else they would re-release (PleasePutMysticalNinjaStarringGoemonOnN64SwitchOnlineAppPleaseKonamiThankYou)

Yep. Felix is Hudson soft and they bought them years ago.

I can't believe I'm old enough to see Sparkster come back from the grave. Rocket Knight Adventures is probably my favorite game of the SEGA Genesis catalog!

For those who haven't played the games, give it a try! This series has so much going for it.

P.S.: I'm glad they decided to include the comic from Sonic The Comic. It's a pretty good story, in my book.

Sparkster-Lastoftherocketknights.thumb.jpg.5c6e66800ba12c8620f9aea8dac4db06.jpg

• 1 month later...

Only a few hours left to order the RKA compilation if you want a physical edition at Limited Run Games :

https://limitedrungames.com/fr/collections/rocket-knight-adventures-re-sparked

Since I only have an X-box, I bought the PS5 version of the "Ultimate Edition" to support my beloved hero!!...
I also bought a few goodies : the Sparster plush, the coin, the keychain and the trading cards!!...

Now, dear SONIC fans, do not forget to welcome back Sparkster if you don't know him yet because you could deeply fall in love with the characters, the gameplay and the lore of the ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES series!!...
That's all I wish you!!...

Might get Sparkster; I played a bit and liked it, though the difficulty was a bit annoying, and the fact they removed cheats and difficulty settings from the US version didn't help.

Still waiting on them to release more info on Gex Trilogy.

Which episode did you play?!...
They are all very good games (for me, even the 2010 episode) but :

- ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES (1993) is unbelievable and had everything : plateforms, shot'em up, mecha fight, bosses everywhere (even at the beginning of a level) and each level was cut into mini-scenes with a renewed gameplay!!...
The other games, as I wrote before, are great but have at least one thing removed!!...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH8lfX0aolbTi53xwUphf

- SPARKSTER : ROCKET KNIGHT ADVENTURES 2 (1994) lacks the shoot'em up sections!!...
Sparkster's got a new design, has two energy gauges for his rocket pack which fills up automatically and allows him to perform a mighty corkscrew attack... but he can no longer shoot beams with his sword (even if he can have a fire power up for his sword)!!...
The mecha scenes are the best of the series and the Sparkrobo is very fun to play!!...
And Sparkster can turn into Gold Sparkster...

page1-666px-Sparkster_MD_credits.pdf.jpg

- SPARKSTER (1994) is considered a spin-off but it can take place between RKA 1 & 2 for instance, Sparkster left Zebulos to fight in another country called Eginasem!!...
Sparkster has the same appearance as in RKA2 but has almost the same abilities as in the first episode except for a new scrolling attack!!...
The shoot'em up part of the game has a vertical scrolling and the mecha fight is the less funny of the whole series!!...
The game is a bit less varied than the first two episodes on Genesis... but the Stampey-Do section of the game is so fun!!...

https://rocketknight.fandom.com/wiki/Stampey-Do!

Sparkster-pic-3.jpg

- ROCKET KNIGHT (2010) is not available in the compilation but you can still buy and download it!!...
It takes place 16 years after RKA2 and Sparkster is now a husband and a father (and his wife is not Princess Cherry)!!...
Sparkster's got a new design (and a new sword linked to his rocket pack) and new attacks... but no whiskers!!...
It is a 2.5D game and it has no sprites...
There are very good platforming sections and two or three shoot'em up sections... but sadly no mecha fight!!...
It received good marks but was criticized because of its length (considered too short but yet not shorter than Sparkster's previous adventures) and its price (I don't think 16 dollars is a very high price for the return of such a mythical heroe)  :
"IGN gave the game a score of 7.5, praising the inventive platforming but showing concern for the high price point. Game Informer gave the game a score of 8 out of 10. GamesRadar gave the game 7/10, praising its mechanics but criticizing its fluctuating difficulty, along with the high price point. 1up.com gave it a C+ grade, criticizing its lack of variety." (from RKA Wikia)
I love the game even if I would have prefered sprites or hand-drawn graphics and some mecha fights (with the fabulous Sparkrobo if possible)!!...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrbi_R9qAJ1DfzsZlhFmp

Strange thing : Axel Gear (a former Rocket Knight turned into a Dark Knight and Sparkster's archenemy who killed his master Mifune Sanjulo) has a different hair color in every adventure : Blond, then orange, then green and finally black (and even grey in an add promoting the first game of the series in magazines)!!...

Edited by Vlad the Vampire

I liked what I played of the Rocket Knight demo. Wish they had included it.

When you start to play ROCKET KNIGHT (2010), the music of the first level is a remix of the iconic music of the first level of the first RKA game : it's as magical as when you start to play STREETS OF RAGE 4 for the first Time and hear "They're back", the remix of the iconic music "Go straight" from SOR2!!...

2 hours ago, Vlad the Vampire said:

When you start to play ROCKET KNIGHT (2010), the music of the first level is a remix of the iconic music of the first level of the first RKA game : it's as magical as when you start to play STREETS OF RAGE 4 for the first Time and hear "They're back", the remix of the iconic music "Go straight" from SOR2!!...

That's cool. SOR4 is also in my backlog, but I gave a physical Switch copy to my sister.