Awoo.

How do y'all pronounce "Kintobor?"

Austroid

Just kind of wondering how others say "Kintobor." I personally always went with "Kin-toe-bore."

The reason I ask is because I randomly decided to watch some of that old live action Sonic fan film, and the way they said it felt odd to me. ("Kin-TOE-brrr"; emphasis on the "TOE") 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

It's been a decade since I've ever needed to say it out loud, but I've always read it as KIN-TOE-BORE. I even searched some free text to voice generators and they say it the same way.

https://voicegenerator.io/

Here's a link to one for anyone that wants to try it themselves.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Austroid said:

The reason I ask is because I randomly decided to watch some of that old live action Sonic fan film, and the way they said it felt odd to me. ("Kin-TOE-brrr"; emphasis on the "TOE") 

As in, to rhyme with "October"?  Odd.  I've been pronouncing it like everyone else in this topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

With "Kin-to-ber", I think it sounds cool, though it certainly sounds like a month in a calendar. But yes, I feel "Kin-toe-bore" makes the most sense to me, pronunciation-wise.

I remember watching that Sonic fan film years ago, I like how they got Jaleel White back for the voice of Sonic after watching the 90's cartoons for so long! 😁

• Thumbs Up 1

I pronounce it like October but replacing "oc" with "kin"

On 12/6/2023 at 7:21 AM, ShadowForever said:

Hmm, I also say Kin-toe-bore. What's the name of the fan film? Just curious :)

(Its crazy that this is already 10 years old! Where's the time gone!?)

• Nice Smile 2

In my head I say it pretty fast with most emphasis on the final syllable, but even so not much more than the first two, so it more comes out sounding like "Kintabore".

Edited by JezMM