Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog sequel speeds into San Antonio's Mission Marquee Saturday

sonicclaasic

paramount-pictures-3.jpg?cb=1690468209

https://www.sacurrent.com/arts/sonic-the-hedgehog-sequel-speeds-into-san-antonios-mission-marquee-saturday-32258612

The 2022 follow-up to 2020's Sonic the Hedgehog is speeding into town for a free showing.

In Sonic the Hedgehog 2, villain Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) returns to earth after his initial defeat by the titular hero. This time, he's brought along new partner Knuckles (Idris Elba), and they're causing chaos as they search for the Master Emerald.

Sonic (Ben Schwartz) takes on the challenge to stop the dangerous duo from getting their hands on the source of ultimate power. Partnering with his new friend Tails (Colleen O'Shaughnessey), Sonic gets the chance to prove his ability and heroism.

Audiences are encouraged to bring something comfy to rest on and treats to enjoy as they watch the film. Food trucks will be available for additional snacks, and pets are welcome.

Free, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, August 5, Mission Marquee Plaza, 3100 Roosevelt Ave., (210) 212-9373, slabcinema.com

That's a pretty cool event something to do this weekend with family and friends to watch the Sonic Movie 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

What is this, a free outdoor screening? Sounds like a lovely day out for friends and family. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

What is this, a free outdoor screening? Sounds like a lovely day out for friends and family. :) 

I believe so It's a free outdoor screening of the Sonic Movie 2 which I would go to. It's too bad that we don't get that kind of stuff here In the UK.

I work for a public library in California and we try to put on stuff like this now and then! Great to see Sonic being so popular these days :D

Lots of local governments try to hold screenings in the park. Happens a lot around where I live.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Ghelatlishol said:

I work for a public library in California and we try to put on stuff like this now and then! Great to see Sonic being so popular these days :D

Lots of local governments try to hold screenings in the park. Happens a lot around where I live.

That's pretty awesome stuff that Is. Again I wish we could do that kinda similar things here In the UK.