Awoo.

[Suggestion] Mute Functionality Pls

joe_schmoe99

I was told to direct my complaint/suggestion here, so here we are, lol

I think it'd be a good idea to add some muting functionality outside of just blocking specific users. I would love to be able to mute threads, clubs, etc. from appearing in my feed if it's not something that aligns with my interests. For example, there's a roleplaying club that absolutely dominates the community tab for everyone, including people not in the club or, in my case, not interested in it in the slightest. It's become kinda frustrating having to comb through a bunch of it to find things I actually might be interested in reading.

Alternatively, maybe make it so posts within clubs and the like are private to its members/followers. Might be a bit easier to implement something like that, haha.

Thanks for the suggestion and I totally agree - for some reason the software platform this site is running on doesn’t filter out Clubs when showing a site-wide content feed. Logically, you’d think that you’d only see this content if you were signed up to the Club itself but it seems to show up for all users.

I will send the coding team some suggestions about this - and the mute suggestion as well.

There is an option available to you in the meantime: you can create your own Activity Stream that specifically filters out Clubs or any other kind of content you’re not interested in.

Go Social > My Activity Streams > Create New Stream. When you select ‘Topics’, you can filter by which forums you want to see new topics from. When you click the drop-down to see the forums to select, click the ‘Community’ header and you’ll see the ‘Clubs’ option, where you can select and de-select certain clubs.

If you then go Social > My Activity Streams in the menu, you’ll see your custom stream listed that you can refer to. Hope this helps! 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

If you then go Social > My Activity Streams in the menu, you’ll see your custom stream listed that you can refer to. Hope this helps! 

Alrighty, thanks for taking my suggestion and for the workaround in the meantime 👊😎