Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon (Switch Remaster) - 2023

Ryannumber1gamer

Announced during the Nintendo Direct, we're getting the next major 3DS remaster to hit Nintendo Switch - it's Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon! Given the last game to get this treatment was Miitopia, which did get a decent amount of additional content, it remains to be seen if this will be the same for Luigi's Mansion 2. Either way, having it not being locked to the 3DS and being playable on a more recent console is definitely a good thing.

Now give us Luigi's Mansion 1 you cowards

• Thumbs Up 1

I played this back on the 3DS.  I remember some people had issues with the structure, but I really enjoyed it.  Great variety of locations on offer.

Honestly probably my favorite in the series and wonderful to have it on Switch with console controls. Hopefully others who weren't that into it originally will give it another look now.

They did already create HD assets for the Arcade game based on Dark Moon, so I can imagine this being an easy project to develop. Especially if it's towards the end of Switch's life cycle. They probably just started development with the first half of assets that were pre-made, in that case, but my guess is as good as yours.

I take it Gooigi Co-op is also a given

I never got to play the original since I never really got into handhelds, so I'm looking forward to seeing the origins of Polterpup. Hopefully this inspires more DS remakes for consoles like I've always wanted to try Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Super Happy to see this game on switch. I really liked Luigi's mansion 3. Never finished it though. Guess I have to finish it now before this comes out. I was kinda shocked that they didn't announce a Luigi Mansion 1 remaster. 

I enjoyed a bit of this game on 3DS but ended up getting bored and just sort of never went back to it. So I'm not jumping set the chance to buy this, especially since I really didn't enjoy LM3, but maybe I'll go back to to the 3DS version for round 2. 

• 8 months later...

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD will release on June 27th