Awoo.

Status Updates are fucked

DaBigJ

I've been trying to make a status update for a few minutes now but the text box will not register my clicking and tapping. Is this a thing for anyone else currently?

I didn't open a thread because the moment I was about to, everything started to work normally again.

It's inconsistent... occasionally, the pop-up windows of the top toolbar ("FEATURES", "WIKI", "SOCIAL", "MORE", and the log-in related ones) don't open, and this makes it impossible to reach the status updates page from the usual button.

Sometimes, just refreshing the page makes everything work again.

I'm on Windows 10 and Firefox, don't have any other problem besides this.

Thanks for posting this! We installed a flash update to the site last night which appears to have broken a number of elements on the ‘Stadium’ theme (and all the character themes that pull from it). It is inconsistent, I agree - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I’m investigating at the moment and will try to fix it as soon as I can.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can I just add that I can't quote on messages and pictures are blank as well for example this @Dreadknuxthanks for trying to fixed things they can always happen anytime.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Can report I am also suffering the above problem, re: images not appearing and Quote not working.  I want to say it only came on in the last week or two?  I thought it was just my browser settings at first.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just found two more problems on the forum In my profile my cover photo has disappeared and the reputation option you can't select which reactions to give to that forum member as well. Just trying to help and thanks.

There was some new JS-related code that was apparently included in a recent update I installed on SSMB, that somehow did not actually get activated when I ran the install. I've fixed that, it seems to have solved a number of other problems here but I also restored some design features re: status updates just in case. So hopefully this has fixed things with statuses. Do let me know if you guys keep getting problems (you may need to clear your browser cache).

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

There was some new JS-related code that was apparently included in a recent update I installed on SSMB, that somehow did not actually get activated when I ran the install. I've fixed that, it seems to have solved a number of other problems here but I also restored some design features re: status updates just in case. So hopefully this has fixed things with statuses. Do let me know if you guys keep getting problems (you may need to clear your browser cache).

Thanks very much for the quick fixes everything seems to be a lot better now again. Thanks for your hard work on the fixes you done 👍