Awoo.

Pop-Up Ads occasionally appearing whenever moving to new pages?

Ryannumber1gamer

Since tonight, there has been very intrusive pop-up ads now appearing on the site whenever you're trying to move between pages - outright requiring you to close these before you can move onto the next page. It's not every single time, I've had it happen three times within a few hours and it's honestly very annoying.

If it's intentional, I honestly can't help but feel it's starting to become far too intrusive and frustrating for normal users. The top/bottom bar of ads that have been appearing and you also can't permanently close, only minimise already has already been fairly annoying (and frankly - usually filled with scam ads), but outright hindering page browsing by forcing ads that you have to close just feels way too much to me personally.

• The title was changed to Pop-Up Ads occasionally appearing whenever moving to new pages?

We are trying some new ways to help keep the site alive, it might cause some temporary annoyance while we find the right balance of ads to present to you. Sadly, having ads on the site is a growing fact of life and since adblock is on the rise, it's difficult to keep sites like ours afloat. Having said that, the between-pages experiment we're running should only be happening once a day for anyone experiencing it.

I'm not interested in keeping this situation long-term, and I'm likely to drop one of the ad types over the other rather than keep both. Anyway, the point is I hear the feedback and we'll monitor and adapt to make this place easier to navigate.

EDIT: FYI I'm trying to make sure the anchor ads appear at the bottom on mobile instead of at the top (so it doesn't cover up the navigation bar). Hopefully that will make the experience a little better (if I can get it to work).

• Thumbs Up 1