Awoo.

Here is a teaser trailer for Sonic Prime

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Prime Gets an Extended Teaser and Winter 2022 Release Window at some point.

Eh. Bit worried that we're still getting teasers for something out in December, and it's still far too little to judge properly. Still, the animation looks good and Deven's giving it his all, so I won't write it off just yet.

On 9/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, Kuzu said:

Find it funny how we haven't see any sign of Sonic's primary supporting cast; Sonic, Shadow, Big, and Eggman so far, but no sign of Tails, Amy or Knuckles. 

IIRC, this is another one of those "mUlTiVeRsE" stories, where nothing's as it seems and everything's all out of sorts on purpose as Sonic travels (or "shatters"... the fuck did he do NOW, lol?) each background universe. And because old continuities are HEAVILY IMPLIED not to be in this (yet), me thinks that, after the real ones die with the prime universe, the friends we don't see here will be replaced with Original Character, Do Not Steal™ variants to switch things up and/or ensure that no one can pull a Penders with Netflix and/or WildBrain's shit, lmaoConcept art from last year that got yanked from ArtStation by a legal team or three further points to it, so - while shit may have changed between now and then due to both Netflix tightening the belt and Sega declining various ideas (i.e. don't expect "Squid Game, but Sanic") - you can bet that the final product will be like this and that Prime Tails, Knux, Amy et al. either die early on (alongside the game universe) to make Sonic feel bad or just... never show up at all.

Spoiler

Personally speaking? I bloody fucking hope it's changed, as the above premise honestly sounds like shit when compared to a standard superhero romp starring Sonic and pals. But hey, the Paramount movies are great and Sega'll likely ignore this like they do with everything else that they didn't explicitly produce on their own, so I... can't say that I care all that much, lmao.

(Unless, of course, they kill off Tails and he's then dead in every universe. Then I'll care. A fucking LOT. /s)

Posted By: Metal

The Egg Dragoon is becoming the Green Hill of bosses. But that aside, the action does look pretty good. Here’s hoping the show has decent enough writing to compliment it.