Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers: Main Theme Revealed (I'm Here - Feat. Merry Kirk-Holmes (To Octavia))

Ryannumber1gamer

Pretty damn good theme, not quite as strong as Vandalize but maybe the full version will change my mind on that front. Definitely feels like "orchestral version is the final boss theme" bait though, lol

• Thumbs Up 1

It's kind of surprising that the ending is a licensed song while the opening is an original. I'm not 100% sure the songs themselves totally fit the series but I do still get that "Runblebee" vibe still. Very interesting choices since a lot of Sonic themes, and the usual brand image these days, are a lot lighter in tone. These songs fit my taste though, so I still like them by default.

Also this debunks the NateWantsToBattle rumor, since this is the song from the TV spot where people said it sounded like him lol

59 minutes ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Great song, although I like Vandalise slightly more.

I must ask, though: Who on earth is Merry Kirk-Holmes? I can't find that much info about him on Wikipedia. What is he best known for outside of Sonic Frontiers?

I don't know offhand but they're from an Australian band called To Octavia. They seem to be a smaller, newer group. You'd probably have better luck searching that, since I found their YouTube and Spotify right away.

They usually go for lesser known or smaller artists on these games, it's not an uncommon thing at all with Sonic games. Hell, Hunnid-P just answered an ad and did all those songs in a day (which, I mean, it showed) from what I understand. Biggest exceptions I can think of in the past twenty years was probably Zebrahead, Jarret Reddick from Bowling for Soup, Cash-Cash (think they were borderline at the time) or Douglas Robb from Hoobastank. Though you can probably add One OK Rock to that list of bigger acts.

I've had it on loop for the past 2 hours, someone send help, it's been a LONG time since I last liked a sonic game theme, I'm so happy about it

• Thumbs Up 1

It's kinda funny how I had to listen multiple times to Fist Bump to kinda vibe to that and even now I can't properly put it anywhere because I either like it or I really don't, and I was terrified that the same would happen with this theme. Thankfully that's not the case, cuz it's SO GOOD.

and then it blue-balls me by ending way too early and I feel terrible why did you this to me I need that full version PLEASE!

I like how everyone keeps joking about this intro making it seem like Sonic's about to partake in an epic anime arc for his character, "the starfall islands arc" of the series etc... But I just realized, Iizuka did say that Frontiers would be defining the series for the next 10 years, and already knew what the next game would be back in July lol. It does not indicate anything along these lines, but it does leave the door open to potentially continuous storytelling in a way it hasn't had the opportunity to since the original Sonic 1 thru SA2 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

I know some are mixed about the main theme. I will admit, it's growing on me. But I'm honestly moreso looking forward to the eventual, & hopefully instrumental version, since we haven't gotten official instrumental versions of any Sonic song since Knight of the Wind. Still sounds pretty good both ways tho!

I'll leave this here as well, just cause I found it pretty cool! (spoilers for Sonic 2)

Spoiler

Incidentally,  Ian Flynn apparently had this to say: 

For some reason....

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

For some reason....

What is he cooking?

• Chuckle 1

Awesome theme, has just the right amount of corniness and seriousness/intrigue to it. Though these lyrics are really interesting to me, and maybe I'm just looking too deep into things but:

"Leave the life you knew before. See a new world worth fighting for"

"Find the truth of who I'm meant to become"

"Another path I must now walk on"

Does this seem to anyone else like maybe Sonic will stay at starfall islands for awhile? Maybe not forever, but for the next few games maybe this could be the new "main" location of Sonic and co. ? If this is true, I wonder if this is Sonic Team's way of cutting back on the excess of characters. Sonic's friends are cool but you have to admit that most of them serve no purpose, or are just really awkward in their position (where is shadow during games like forces outside of his episode, or where was he when something like colors or lost world was happening? Same for Silver? Shouldn't they be rushing to protect the world from whatever is stealing it's life?).

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

Where is shadow during games like forces outside of his episode, or where was he when something like colors or lost world was happening? Same for Silver? Shouldn't they be rushing to protect the world from whatever is stealing it's life?).

Silver isn't the best example. Since he has the full benefit of hindsight, every game that he does not take part in where there is a happy ending would dictate that his services were ultimately not necessary and he would have no need to time jump. Silver didn't need to show up to the fight for Lost Hex because in the end, it all worked out without him. 

Any time the opposite is true, he'll be there. Like in Forces. 

Shadow and the rest of the cast are less easy to waive away, but every game is different. It was logical that none of the other heroes were able to help on Lost Hex as it was off world and by the time it reached world threatening proportions, it would have been too late to help. 

Unleashed on the other hand, saw Sonic globetrotting, and he barely scratched the surface of the extended cast who should have been on full deployment in response to the earth splitting apart. 

Just depends on the situation.

• Thumbs Up 3

50 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Silver isn't the best example. Since he has the full benefit of hindsight, every game that he does not take part in where there is a happy ending would dictate that his services were ultimately not necessary and he would have no need to time jump. Silver didn't need to show up to the fight for Lost Hex because in the end, it all worked out without him. 

Any time the opposite is true, he'll be there. Like in Forces. 

Shadow and the rest of the cast are less easy to waive away, but every game is different. It was logical that none of the other heroes were able to help on Lost Hex as it was off world and by the time it reached world threatening proportions, it would have been too late to help. 

Unleashed on the other hand, saw Sonic globetrotting, and he barely scratched the surface of the extended cast who should have been on full deployment in response to the earth splitting apart. 

Just depends on the situation.

And it's kinda why I'm partially expecting & not expecting Blaze to appear in Frontiers. Solely because she's in a different dimension most of the time.

However, if Big is any indication. Then I think we'll get to see a few more characters during the Cyberspace stages. But Blaze, I feel could be more than just a mere memory. And could somehow communicate with Sonic in these areas, trying to warn him about Sage & this mysterious voice he's hearing, telling him to "tear down the walls between dimensions".

I don't know, but I think I've played enough Rift Apart & Crash 4 to know how that goes. Will it happen? Probably not. But with Ian Flynn writing it, who knows.

Big showing up is most likely just because they've already established him as showing up in unexpected places, with his cameos in SA2 and Secret Rings. They need stuff to pad out their giant open world game, fishing minigames are common, they have a character all about fishing, and fans won't need an explanation for him, it all lines up nicely. I wouldn't take his presence as reason to think other characters are going to show up, and certainly not in any major plot role.

• Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

For some reason....

Kero Kero Bonito wrote the theme to Bugsnax with no input from the team with Young Horses saying that "they'd played the game". The theme goes deep, which is looking the same with this one. 

Posted By: Greatsong1

Copy-and-pasting what I previously wrote. “Sounds good but it feels more like something for a epic, melodramatic anime then a Sonic game. Given that Frontiers’ tone is supposed to give off the vibes of just that (going by Sega and Sonic Team’s words) I guess its fitting.”