Awoo.

[SPOILERS AHEAD] 'Sonic the Hedgehog 3' Synopsis Reportedly Revealed in Industry Publication Production Weekly

DaBigJ

Very weird to see a plot synopsis for a movie that won't be released for a while to be revealed this early when the movie is still in early development. 

Also, the writer like this tweet. Lol. It's turned out that the leak is fake.

https://twitter.com/PersonthePerso2/status/1559656177985896452

https://twitter.com/SamsProStation/status/1559670709034573827

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1559666696130109441 

• Thumbs Up 3

Posted By: Shadow

Now I would think the new characters would be Shadow, Amy and Rouge I am not sure about Metal Sonic or Big. The next movie would have to follow Sonic Heroes or Sonic 06.

And just like that, it's dead. Always had my doubts on this one honestly, especially with the idea that so many characters (and Big over Rouge even more oddly) unless some of them might have been introduced in the Knuckles series first.

• Absolutely 2

On 8/16/2022 at 11:39 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Very weird to see a plot synopsis for a movie that won't be released for a while to be revealed this early when the movie is still in early development. 

Also, the writer like this tweet. Lol. It's turned out that the leak is fake.

https://twitter.com/PersonthePerso2/status/1559656177985896452

https://twitter.com/SamsProStation/status/1559670709034573827

https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1559666696130109441

Not really surprised that this turned out to be fake.  It's too early for a synopsis to be revealed since the movie will not be coming out for another 2 years and I'm pretty sure that there isn't even a script written out for the third movie yet since the second movie just came out.  Also, there's no way that they would cram all of those characters into one movie unless they were planning on splitting the movies into two parts.  Guess we'll wait until next year to see what the plot is really about.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad this was a hoax.  Too many things didn't make any sense, and even though the movie is about the Mobian Menagerie, the human cast (Agent Stone, the Wachowskis, Rachel, Wade, etc) are valuable to the movies, and add charm and relatability.  I'd hate for the film series to drown them all out and make it just about the animals vs robots

4 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Well to give the blunt answer, yes; Amy is the closest thing the franchise has to a main heroine, and Big is among the largest source of memes in the franchise.

I don't particularly like those reasons, but I can see how a creative could reach that conclusion.

Cream...I honestly cannot think of a niche she feels that isn't already occupied by someone else; kid sidekick? That's Tails. Damsel in distress? You can just use Amy. She doesn't really have big story hooks associated with her like Knuckles or Shadow, nor is she as outlandish as someone like Big even for the ironic appeal. 

So all that's left is...she's polite I guess? I dunno. 

I still think having all of these characters is bad, but I am honestly stumped on what Cream could contribute when all of the franchise's major players are already present.

Cream adds another female role.  Outside of Amy and possibly Rouge, the Sonic verse doesn't have any female characters with any solid staying power.  Blaze had a spotlight, then Marine, then Sticks, and then they get shelved.  Cream however, comes with her own cast, and if anything, they define Cream better than she defines herself.  Cheese is her sidekick/pet/BFF, Vanilla is her mom, Gemerl is her bodyguard/friend/family butler.  And Amy rounds this out, since she acts as the Sonic to Cream's Tails.  

Granted having said all that, Cream's addition to the movie franchise would be difficult, since she hinges so much on several different characters.  But working her as a solo character could be plausible if they stick her with Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cream could have been integrated in the movies if they adapted the story of Sonic Adventure 1, and if the chao played a role in it (since Chaos is a mutated chao). Maybe they could have met her on a planet where the chao live, reached by a portal ring. She could have helped the heroes to find the echidna ruins on the planet and discover their secrets, including Chaos himself.

[warning: some spoilers about the second movie in case some of you didn't watch it]

Spoiler

The planet could have been a paceful place but also the ancient battlefield where the war between echidnas and owls happend, and when the master emerald was stolen from the echidnas by the owls; Chaos might have been what caused the echidnas to lose control over the emerald and allowed it to be stolen. Tikal might be the anciant echidna pacifist who let it to happen because she didn't want the war to continue, though she didn't expect Chaos to go wild and kill many people... we know that in the movie universe the echidnas didn't go extinct when the emerald was stolen, but only after Sonic left his planet for Earth (the Labyrinth ruins are way older).

[end of spoilers]

The ghost of Tikal might have appeared to the heroes to explain the history of the ruins as well.

Now insert a scene where Robotnik finds out about the chao planet and Chaos, and goes there in order to awake the monster and control it. He attacks the paceful people who live there, though at some point he meets Cream who can control the chao and (struggling) defends herself and her village from Robotnik's robots until Sonic and friends arrive... then who knows how the situation might develop from there.

An interesting story for the movie universe with Cream in it, it's not impossible to make, they just need the will to do it. I know that the well enstabilished characters do sell better, but playing the safe route is not always the best route.

Again, I'm not saying they SHOULD do it, just that it's definitely possible, especially since the movie characters don't have to be exact 1:1 copies of the game characters.

They need to keep this story focused on bringing to the big screen the story of SA2, as well as expanding upon it. Everything they do should be in service of that story 

Very happy this is fake. This leak reminds me how difficult of an undertaking this will be. We'll have the humans and the 3 anthro characters; Shadow is guaranteed, and there's also probably another anthro character. There's a lot of characters at play, and assuming they won't adapt SA2 directly (adapting SA2 closely is highly unlikely imo despite its movie-like structure), there's a lot of room for creativity but also for blunder. I think it can be pulled off, but they can't introduce too many things at once, and if they want to make more movies they have to save some things for later. Little joke characters like Big (<3) wouldn't do too much but Metal Sonic would, so why not have him in the Knuckles series or something? Or just other characters in general, Sonic is known for its cast but when making a movie for mass appeal it really doesn't make sense to overstuff this, especially if you're just trying to please the inner fandom. So, I still think they have a good chance, but this is clearly much harder to navigate than the first two ever were.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted By: Asif

Can't wait to see sequel of Sonic the Hedgehog movie 3, but I have a blu ray DVD of Sonic the Hedgehog [first movie], and can't wait to get the second movie DVD too.

Posted By: Morpheas

I really hope this is not the plot. I really don't want Amy and big or tons of sonic friends showing up it's over kill. Sonic is fine where he's at. You already changed the story so much please stop. Have shadow but leave Amy big and metal sonic out of it.

Posted By: Jabjo

On 8/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, Bonkers said:

What are mini-Emeralds? lol

Seriously? 
The rainbow coloured ones
The norm ones that were stored in the chaos emerald

Posted By: Rose_Spear

Oh great not big the cat....I was expecting Rouge the bat for gods sake.