Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4 / Xbox One)

Jango

Spoiler

I'm just here to complain that Toys for Bob are being wasted on crappy Crash instead of making a new Spyro 😢

Well, maybe it'll finally be a good Crash game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Hmm, given this showing up today, and the presence of differing mask(s), so far things seem to be lining up with this 4chan leak that was shared with us on the main Discord channel yesterday:

Reveal hidden contents

Eawv2u7XgAEsTdG.jpg:large

In addition to this leak looking all the more likely, with the recent Taiwan leak, there is a translation of the game's description:

Spoiler

Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible.

So the chances of this game being a soft-reboot are quite apparent.

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

@Dejimon11 Speaking of Switch, I don’t see it listed. Wonder if it’s gonna get a delayed port like the other games

Spoiler

They seem to be doing the same bloody thing that they did with the trilogy and Spyro. Release it first one Xbox/PS4 and then a year later on PC/ Switch.

This shit is completely killing the vibe of this game for me already, gross...

3 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Hide contents

They seem to be doing the same bloody thing that they did with the trilogy and Spyro. Release it first one Xbox/PS4 and then a year later on PC/ Switch.

This shit is completely killing the vibe of this game for me already, gross...

which is weird cause CTR Nitro was a simultaneous release on all systems iirc. (Then again wouldn’t be surprised if the priority to get everyone that game quick and at the same time was due to the monetization. But that’s just my cynicism talking)

Just now, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

which is weird cause CTR Nitro was a simultaneous release on all systems iirc. (Then again wouldn’t be surprised if the priority to get everyone that game quick was due to the monetization. But that’s just my cynicism talking)

Well, with any luck, what we saw is all that's been leaked and NOT actually all that will be there at launch.

And once again, Activision's corporate greed surfaces to the fore front.

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

And once again, Activision's corporate greed surfaces to the fore front.

What? That makes no sense. What's not releasing on Switch have to do with corporate greed?

Just now, Marcello said:

What? That makes no sense. What's not releasing on Switch have to do with corporate greed?

It's their usual ploy of trying to get double dips. Cause they know people want a Switch version, but are likely going to be hungry enough to buy one of the first versions to come out.

There’s a Series X mention on the box art, so I’d imagine we’re going to see it launch for Xbox One Series X and PS5. I would be VERY shocked if it wasn’t launching around November/December as a launch title for next gen.

Given the Series X portion of the Xbox One art, it likely means it’s apart of Microsoft’s Smart Delivery system (Buy a game and get the next gen version free), and since Sony recently said they would offer the same thing for PS5, but third party devs had to make those arrangement themselves, I’d wager Crash will receive a free PS5 upgrade if you buy the PS4 edition.

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

It's their usual ploy of trying to get double dips. Cause they know people want a Switch version, but are likely going to be hungry enough to buy one of the first versions to come out.

Or it's straight up not coming to it, because it'd be too much work? Or maybe due to the extra work it's taking longer, like with Spyro.

• Absolutely 1

Just now, Marcello said:

Or it's straight up not coming to it, because it'd be too much work? Or maybe due to the extra work it's taking longer, like with Spyro.

Then in that case, it would be a matter of laziness and/or Activision rushing it.

Especially with how the Spryo trilogy turned out. Yeeshka.

Imagine not releasing a game on two whole platforms in a series that just had its latest outing do stupidly well on said two platforms.

Eh, fuck off Activision, You didn't even announce a game yet and I'm already pissed off. Must be a new record or some shit.

I'm sad it may not come to Switch at launch, but as long as it comes to Switch at all, I'll be happy! Seriously, CRASH 4, BABY. I've waited over 20 years for this, and I'm willing to wait just a lil' bit longer.

• Thumbs Up 1

The description with the rating says:

Spoiler

"Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible."

The "Quantum" Masks do sound sort of similar to the "Elementials" from Wrath of Cortex.

WoC felt like a less polished version of Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped, so if they are remaking WoC then I hope it will be as different from Warped as possible.

Hoping "About Time" just shares a few similarities with WoC and is ultimately a brand new game.

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

The description with the rating says:

Reveal hidden contents

Ahem.

5 hours ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

In addition to this leak looking all the more likely, with the recent Taiwan leak, there is a translation of the game's description:

Reveal hidden contents

Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible.

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

WoC felt like a less polished version of Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped, so if they are remaking WoC then I hope it will be as different from Warped as possible.

Hoping "About Time" just shares a few similarities with WoC and is ultimately a brand new game.

My theory is that the game could overall be a reimagining and redo.

Something that could potentially create a new Crash timeline, especially if Tawna, Nina and Crunch all turn up in this game.

I thought Wrath of Cortex was OK, but it came off as a lesser Crash 3.

The music and enviroments were good tho

Wrath of Cortex was cribbing a bit too much from the originals to be it's own thing.

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

So Wrath of Cortex isn't canon anymore huh.

Non-naughty Dog. So when was it ever? =P

To be honest, when we think of the plot and story with games like Crash & Spyro, I think that it is easiest to subscribe to multiverse theory.

This way everybody wins as all games exists in their own continuity and relevance to each other, multiple soft reboots and complete overhauls and all. 

———

Incidentally regarding the game... Yay! I’m really happy about this! Until the N-Sane Trilogy I lost a lot of interest in Crash due to Wrath of Cortex’s mediocrity (and then the proceeding games plunges into further from the usual crash formula, for better or worse at times).

It’s definitely a bold move that it’s even titled “4: It’s about Time”. Especially when you consider WOC is usually associated as the last mainline crash game, despite not being given a numbered entry in it’s title.

I guess it shows how much belief they have have in their ability to be able to give us the sequel we want and deserve. It’s gutsy - and hopefully will deliver more than Sonic 4 did in any case. 

Excited for the new Crash game! Hoping Coco is playable again! i feel she has a chance at it with her being focused so decently on the cover art.