Awoo.

SA1 Art Director is back!

KingLeo

Old News Huh? but not many people noticed it.

Isn't that a clue?

You Heard the Rumors about SA1 Remake

I think most definitely we are getting it

You Know why because SA1 Art Director Came back to Sonic Team This April

and the Rumors says the Game Development started in March, Coincidence? 

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2019/04/ex-sonic-team-sonic-adventure-artist-hiroshi-nishiyama-rejoins-sega/

While Nishiyama’s appearance on the stream was brief, Webber confirmed that he will be involved in future Sonic projects as part of Sonic Pillar. Nishiyama also gave viewers a brief look at some unseen original artwork from sketch pads of concept work used during Sonic Adventure 2’s development.

The other Clue we have is Sonic Adventure Sound Track Official Remix that was just Released

Also I think SEGA Saw Success of Crash Trilogy, don't you think its obvious that they would want to Mimic Its success? 

The Question Remains thought if they will use the boost or what.

It's possible, but if we're following patterns laid out by Mania then I think the more likely scenario is a brand new 3D game that's heavily inspired by Sonic Adventure and its art style/themes, much like Mania was for Sonic 2D games. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised (although I'd be pleased) if there was an attempt at remaking/remastering Sonic Adventure, as it's the 20th anniversary of the International release of the game.

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Fist Bump 2

As I mentioned in the status, Nishiyama is not the SA1 art director. That was Hoshino-san, who has been at SEGA for years. Nishiyama coming back doesn't make an SA1 remake anymore likely than Hoshino being there, or even Iizuka being there (given he directed SA1). 

The other Clue we have is Sonic Adventure Sound Track Official Remix that was just Released

If the set of remixes being released were all SA1 remixes, you'd have a point - but they aren't. As it stands, it's more likely these are for a small remix album or something, much like how the Mania Adventures remixes saw a release on Jun Senoue's The Works III. The remix doesn't even sound like it'd fit in the Station Square hub... it's its own thing. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I am really skeptical against all of these rumors that we will be getting a SA1 remake. I am leaning more towards Dreadknux's position towards the matter. The more likely scenario is that we will be getting a Sonic Adventure-styled game. Furthermore, as Tracker_TD confirmed, Nishiyama isn't the SA1 art director, so this is hardly proof of a remake.

I'd be super excited for a remake in theory, but Sega just absolutely sucks at getting their physics fine-tuned just right for their Sonic games nowadays. They're not good at it in 2D (Sonic Mania doesn't count, made by an outside group), they're not good at it in 3D. Since Sonic Adventure is a 3D sonic game based very heavily on physics-based environmental progression and exploration, far more so than the modern games, I'd honestly be worried if we even got a Sonic Adventure remake in the first place. I'd have no faith in Sega to get the physics right unless they outsourced the project to other developers, like with Sonic Mania. Finally, I'm sure they'd mess up so many little, yet significant details that just make the remake unenjoyable compared to the original. There also things I don't like about the original at all anyway (Big shouldn't be required to get to Perfect Chaos! Should've been a mini-game you could unlock IMO) that they won't change and I'll just end up thinking they lost a decent opportunity to fix things. Eitherway, I feel like more people would be dissatisfied than pleased with a remake.

In all honesty, If Sonic Adventure was getting remade, I'd argue that the first game itself wouldn't even be enough and that the second game should be remade and included with it, too. Since 3D Sonic games nowadays, despite any amount of development time, always seem to be too short, that'll almost definitely never happen. Considering that Sonic Adventure, a game from the late 90s, from start to finish takes longer than Sonic Forces, Colors, Lost World and the majority of games from 2010 and after, the likelihood of that happening is even less likely than that of the first Adventure being remade in the first place.

10 minutes ago, McGroose said:

I'd honestly be worried if we even got a Sonic Adventure remake in the first place.

Sad but true

• Thumbs Up 2

I think people are reading too much into this. And even if it's true, like I'm gonna believe they can make a good 3D Sonic game after they didn't even understand 2D with Sonic 4, Generations and Forces.

They're also gonna re-record the music, probably make them shittier. Re-record the voices with the new god awful voice actors. Yay...

If Sonic Team were to implement the boost gameplay in a theoretical SA1 remake, I will nuke them from orbit using the Eclipse Cannon :P

Whilst I would very much like a remake of SA1, it's very unlikely to happen and there's no evidence to support a remake being in the works. I think a brand new 3D Sonic game with designs heavily inspired by Sonic Adventure would be more interesting. I hesistate to use the name "Sonic Adventure 3" but something needs to change because the recent 3D games (Forces, SLW & RoL etc) have been so disappointing.

I'd also be down for a Sonic Adventure Mania styled game. Take the best stages from Adventure & SA2 and add brand new levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tarnish said:

I think people are reading too much into this. And even if it's true, like I'm gonna believe they can make a good 3D Sonic game after they didn't even understand 2D with Sonic 4, Generations and Forces.

They're also gonna re-record the music, probably make them shittier. Re-record the voices with the new god awful voice actors. Yay...

Yeah, I’m certain RCS will never improve at this rate. If trying to shove him into a serious plot failed, what hope do we have for him to improve over the course of a remake? Well, at least he’s not Ben Schwartz... 

I agree “Adventure Mania” is more likely. 

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Improve what?

His delivery as Sonic. He’s always been somehow disconnected to everything and just... can’t emote. Even when he’s... erm, Forced to. (Pun wholly intended) 

Ryan Drummond and eventually Jason Griffith were able to. He’s likely too used to Boom Sonic compared to his game counterpart.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I'd like a from the ground up remake of Adventure because I feel like they absolutely could fine tune the gameplay a bit. Adventure 2 would be neat to see but honestly I don't know what they could do to make me have fun playing the Tails and Eggman stages.

It would also be a good chance to bring in some cut content. I know I'd like to fight the planned Dragon boss in Sky Chase Act 2.

Also I completely disagree about RCS. I say he's one of the best Sonic's we've had and easily the only one to ever really sell his attitude. 

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

His delivery as Sonic. He’s always been somehow disconnected to everything and just... can’t emote. Even when he’s... erm, Forced to. (Pun wholly intended) 

Ryan Drummond and eventually Jason Griffith were able to. He’s likely too used to Boom Sonic compared to his game counterpart.

It's a good thing I don't give a crap about the English cast. Got tired of readjusting  to new voices every time they replace entire previous voice casts.

Just now, StaticMania said:

How hard is it really to readjust to characters having different voices?

I didn't say it was hard. 

Just now, MainJP said:

I didn't say it was hard. 

How inconveniencing is it to readjust to characters voices being the different way?

Just now, StaticMania said:

How inconveniencing is it to readjust to characters voices being the different way?

Not terribly. I just don't like it.

I'd be surprised if we ever got an SA1 remake , pretty sure this all stemmed from a misunderstood quote Izuka did with Retro Gamer mag in the UK. 

And just think........... What would all the SA3 obsessives say if we DID get a remake? 😂 , It'd be BEDLAM!

• The topic was locked