Awoo.

Wacky World of Sports

ShadiWulf

What about the DS? SEGA has made some great DS titles and the DS' game selection is definitely nothing to shake your nose at.

Oho, definitely not. I bet Shadikat will anyway, though. psyduckp.png

EDIT: ON TOPIC: Wacky World of Sports still looks like crap, though. I'd like to see SEGA put more effort on the Wii. It has plenty of good games hidden amongst the shovelware, and since the Wii has a huge demographic, why not take advantage of it and make great games for it? Sonic Unleashed Wii was subpar, and don't get me started on Black Knight. SEGA can do better!

Edited by Cap'n Crunch

EDIT: ON TOPIC: Wacky World of Sports still looks like crap, though. I'd like to see SEGA put more effort on the Wii. It has plenty of good games hidden amongst the shovelware, and since the Wii has a huge demographic, why not take advantage of it and make great games for it? Sonic Unleashed Wii was subpar, and don't get me started on Black Knight. SEGA can do better!

They did release House Of Dead:Overkill, Madworld and Conduit this year. The sales of said games are another thing entirely. The Wii ''huge demograh'' is not the be all or end all.

Edited by blackherox

Wow ShadikatRawr, you really do take a lot of joy at SEGA not doing so well in any little thing... every forum you go it all giggles and glee.

Saddening.

• Thumbs Up 2

They did release House Of Dead:Overkill, Madworld and Conduit this year. The sales of said games are another thing entirely. The Wii ''huge demograh'' is not the be all or end all.

That is what I was thinking. Sega really hasn't had the incentive to actually try to put decent games on the Wii because the stellar gems they do put out on it don't really sell. (not sure about Conduit, but HOTD Overkill and MadWorld aren't exactly flying off the shelves) It pains me to think that I probably wont be seeing a bigger and Better Madworld in the future.

I hope the pending epic sales of Mario & Sonic will make them keep their eyes on the Wii though. I would love to see the quality of the PS3 games they build put back into the Wii.

Yup, it's the best the Wii deserves.

Honestly, was that really necessary? I mean, what good does that do you to just come in and take your time saying shit like that? You know it just gets people flared up and gets you in trouble, >_>. I may not like my Wii that much either when compared to the other consoles, but do you see me low-blowing the console every chance I get?

Stop being an ass. It's really annoying, =/.

-Blur

• Thumbs Up 1

That is what I was thinking. Sega really hasn't had the incentive to actually try to put decent games on the Wii because the stellar gems they do put out on it don't really sell. (not sure about Conduit, but HOTD Overkill and MadWorld aren't exactly flying off the shelves) It pains me to think that I probably wont be seeing a bigger and Better Madworld in the future.

I hope the pending epic sales of Mario & Sonic will make them keep their eyes on the Wii though. I would love to see the quality of the PS3 games they build put back into the Wii.

Well that depends. Mike still asserts that said ''hardcore'' games can do well on the Wii and actually considered House of dead and Conduit as successes. So no I don't think Sega will stop releasing titles like these. I'd like to see how the wii version of all-stars racing and super monkey ball:touch and roll do however.

Well that depends. Mike still asserts that said ''hardcore'' games can do well on the Wii and actually considered House of dead and Conduit as successes. So no I don't think Sega will stop releasing titles like these. I'd like to see how the wii version of all-stars racing and super monkey ball:touch and roll do however.

I expect him to say something like that, after all it would be no good to even gesture at any cut ties with Nintendo as a few of Segas more successful franchises are on that part of the market (Olympics, Rush)

But seriously, how many times can Sega get shot in the foot by releasing hardcore games for fans who clamor for them but wont spend the money? I would hate to see the Wii abandoned (it needs all the big boy games it can get, especially now) but games like Other M better sell fast if hardcore title developers are to keep much faith in the system.

I hope the "long tail" of horror action games keeps them tuned in. No point in putting the love into Madworld if no-one will buy it.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Metroid will sell fine, it's published by Nintendo.

Thats the difference.

3rd Parties (SEGA being one of them) are starting to realize no matter how much effort they put into a game it will sell the same on the Wii, unless it's Sonic or Monkeyball

anything else,

if it's high quality it will sell 20,000-300,000 copies

if it's low quality it will sell 20,000-500,000 copies

that's how the wii market works, most of the wii's userbase has bought the Wii because it's an exercise machine. These exercise machine owners will buy the next wii fit and wii sports, and the occasinal shovelware title because it looks fun.

The only reason Nintendo's core IP's are selling is because of their horrible arrogant will never give up on Nintendo fanboys, who are also the ones raising the sales of Wii Fit, etc.

• Bad Quality Post 4

I expect him to say something like that, after all it would be no good to even gesture at any cut ties with Nintendo as a few of Segas more successful franchises are on that part of the market (Olympics, Rush)

But seriously, how many times can Sega get shot in the foot by releasing hardcore games for fans who clamor for them but wont spend the money? I would hate to see the Wii abandoned (it needs all the big boy games it can get, especially now) but games like Other M better sell fast if hardcore title developers are to keep much faith in the system.

I hope the "long tail" of horror action games keeps them tuned in. No point in putting the love into Madworld if no-one will buy it.

Just going out on a limb here and saying it's pretty obvious Other:M will sell like hotcakes. All Nintendo games do, hardcore or casual. The issue is the sales for 3rd party titles, with casual and shovelware far outselling honest to goodness efforts at an actual game. I, for one, find Nintendo games enough to justify ownership of my Wii, but it wouldn't hurt to see more games like MadWorld and Zack & Wiki.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

The only reason Nintendo's core IP's are selling is because of their horrible arrogant will never give up on Nintendo fanboys, who are also the ones raising the sales of Wii Fit, etc.

I'm not a big supporter of the Wii lately; the last Wii game I bought was Brawl, 2 years ago, but you'd have to be fucking crazy to say that Nintendo's main IP games are low quality. Super Mario Galaxy was utterly fantastic, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, while a bit rehash at times, was a thoroughly good adventure throughout with lots of polish and fun controls. Metroid Prime 3, while not exactly my cup of tea (I've never enjoyed the Prime series, in all honesty), is lengthy 1st person shooter/adventure game with a lot of depth, challenge, and lore that will take months to fully complete. Also Nintendo's DS games are all supposed to be of extremely high quality, I haven't bought a game on the DS in years though so I guess I can't speak for it, but the DS DOES in fact get good both 1st and 3rd party support; especially recently with Nintendo's Mario & Luigi 3 and Scribblenauts.

Also I didn't buy Wii Fit, Metroid Prime 3, any of the trashy Mario spin-off games and don't intend to buy Metroid: Other M or Wii Sports Resort and I consider myself a Nintendo fan. Also I own a 360, but I guess I'm still a butt-loving Nintendo fan who blindly praises them despite not buying a product from them in years.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see anything wrong with it. There's no shame in liking a company that still churns out top quality games (for the most part). Hell, they're giving us two actual Mario games within one year of one another, even.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Professor Layton is proof that they can sell a hardcore game to a casual audience and make it a huge success, even if it's a DS game, Nintendo can do it again.

Also SEGA said they were happy with HotD's sales, and even those stubborn buggers at Capcom have finally decided to make a new Okami game thanks to the Wii version's growing popularity.

Why didn't Madworld sell? Personally while I was happy with the style and everything, it just sounded like an average "violence for violence sake" hack 'n' slash, and this was reflected in the views of fans and critics. I'm much more excited for Bayonetta.

Also NMH2 will probably sell well.

Of course SEGA was happy with sales, they didnt put a huge budget onto the game. The game is great, but it's obvious it didnt have a huge budget (massive frame rate problems, etc)

Of course SEGA was happy with sales, they didnt put a huge budget onto the game. The game is great, but it's obvious it didnt have a huge budget (massive frame rate problems, etc)

Then what's the problem? At least Wii fans are happy with it, which is all they ever asked. Even games like Mario 64 and OoT suffered from glitches and framerate problems, they probably just balanced the right amount of effort with the right amount of budget to make a game that would be fantastic but still earn a profit.

A large part of the Wii's problem is that even though a huge amount of hardcore gamers own one, they don't take it seriously and won't give any 3rd party games a chance. It's a vicious cycle, WiiHD needs to come ASAP.

Even games like Mario 64 and OoT suffered from glitches and framerate problems, they probably just balanced the right amount of effort with the right amount of budget to make a game that would be fantastic but still earn a profit.
Yes, and playing 64 games now makes my eyes bleed.

play PD64 in multiplayer split screen. Swear to god it goes at 5 frames per second. Although yeah, framerate doesn't always matter, you can't say most 64 games have aged well.

Regardless, this topic is going nowhere. Close close close