Awoo.

Sonic's friends: Should they be defenseless without him or be capable of standing on their own two feet?

Mountaindewandsprite

4 minutes ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

I wonder where the hell was GUN

In the land of " We are trying to a soft re-branding/reboot focusing on the animal character stuff but we don't want to commit to , so they aren't gonna show up and technically they do exist... we just wont mention them ever"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

They're in the human world. Which is a thing that exists separately from the animal world, even if none of us like it.

I wonder if they're just gonna retcon GUN into a furry animal military force. That'd be amusing to see.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly feel they'll probably throw a gun truck or helicopter every now and then but we won't see the characters themselves. 

1 hour ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

I wonder if they're just gonna retcon GUN into a furry animal military force. That'd be amusing to see.

I always kind of imagined that like, if they ever like " rebooted " 3d they would do that, along with SA1 taking place in animal land. And instead of like maria, they would just have like shadow's mom be alien and they killed her and took him and that was his beef.

That said, I don't even think they are even gonna bother to do that. Simply put no one cares about gun, they care about two characters who apparently never worked for gun. The resistance might turn itself into its own military force but like who honestly cares if shadow and rouge aren't there.

@thumbs13 is on the money. You will get a truck, or references but never the real deal IMO. I mentioned this a while ago, but I think Sonic boom was an indicator of a lot of franchise direction changes that were gonna happen in general. And team Dark members is a lot more independent particularly shadow. So if they aren't working for gun, the concept looses relevancy.

Plays into the whole " Want to reboot and reformat but don't want to commit to it " kinda wish they would though

20 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Human World. 

But why would they allow fucking Eggman take control of a whole planet? Why wouldn't they wanna assist Team dark, perhabs their most valuable asset, even if Shadow couldn't communicate with them they should still be suspicious of Shadow and Rouge being missing for Six Months

10 minutes ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

But why would they allow fucking Eggman take control of a whole planet? Why wouldn't they wanna assist Team dark, perhabs their most valuable asset, even if Shadow couldn't communicate with them they should still be suspicious of Shadow and Rouge being missing for Six Months

Well an in lore explanation that would probably go really well with sonic's anti authority stance, is GUN doesn't actually give a shit about animal world and just use its citizens to occasionally help their world. Like an actual crummy government organization.

This is ontop of new information we learned that team dark never actually worked for gun, nor is team dark a team. Any assistance shadow gave to their cause we are supposed to interpret as "coincidence " . Team Dark is not an asset, they are three merc's they hired one time. And they hired rouge a couple times, but they don't care about them that much really.

That's it

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

But why would they allow fucking Eggman take control of a whole planet?

"Ain't our planet, ain't our problem."

And I don't think they'd find Rouge or especially Shadow not reporting in to be all that strange. They're a thief and a rogue bioweapon respectively, not exactly standard recruits.

I can totally imagine gun soilders trained to keep tabs and rouge instead outspired them and black mailed them for all their money and shadow just beat them up

17 hours ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

And make the president a lion or something, it all comes full circle.

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, ComeAsYouAre said:

Because 

• they didn't know
  • they assumed Team Dark and/or Sonic were gradually handling it
  • they were occupied
  • they couldn't travel between dimensions

Take your pick.

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Well an in lore explanation that would probably go really well with sonic's anti authority stance, is GUN doesn't actually give a shit about animal world and just use its citizens to occasionally help their world. Like an actual crummy government organization.

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

And I don't think they'd find Rouge or especially Shadow not reporting in to be all that strange. They're a thief and a rogue bioweapon respectively, not exactly standard recruits.

Oh, well, that too, I guess.

13 hours ago, Diogenes said:

The FBI's Head would explode if one of America's "Rivals" took over a planet, even if it's The EU

Nevermind a Terrorist who nearly destroyed the planet