Awoo.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Meta77

Reminder that this will be the first time we ever see something about this game since at E3 last year they only mentioned that it exists and it's name.

Ooooohhh

I'm really hoping we finally get a Star Wars game with lightsaber combat that can at least hold a candle to games like Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. I liked the Force Unleashed games, but the failed to impress me as much as JK2 and JK3 did. 

This game takes place almost immediately after Order 66, right? I recall hearing something about that, but I could be wrong. 

I hope that we don’t get limited to just using lightsabers in the game. I’d rather use blasters instead of lightsabers.

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

I'm hoping it's a full open world type game

No thanks. I’d love a more linear styled story focused type of game personally, but knowing EA, wouldn’t shock me if it’s like most of their games nowadays and open world. 

Given how this title has been through hell and back allegedly and thrown from dev to dev(or at least, the concept of a story based Star Wars title has been thrown around only to end up canceled. Not sure if this game is the remains of the previous attempts), and given EA’s involvement, I’m really not as optimistic and excited here as I should be. Still, nice to know we’re getting a story based game for Star Wars regardless. Shouldn’t have taken this long, but at least we got it

I'm confident about Respawn's work abilities, but i want to remain neutral until the trailer and the details drop, this could easily be like Force Unleashed or something completely different.

Celebration is always a fun time, but I do fear that this might be the weakest panel of the lot.

From rumours and leaks that are going around, it seems this might be a return to the Jedi Knight formula, and while not fully open world, it won't be fully linear either. I suspect that to mean something like with Kingdom Hearts or Mario Odyssey where at certain points you'll have the choice of where you go first.

I'll be dumping the Star Wars Show livestream onto my Cytube anyway for all the days it's on, as I'll be glued to it.

I'm hoping it'll come to London again, but my betting is they'll want it in Orlando to give fans easy access to Galaxy's Edge and maybe even host a Celebration event there. I definitely want to make it to one sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1

The trailer was nice, but I wish they'd shown some gameplay. It's kind of annoying that they talked about how it's gameplay focused and then don't show it.

Cal isn't the most interesting looking so far, but Cameron Monaghan is great in Gotham, so I'm in.

I liked seeing an Abednedo in the Dark Times era. Also, really liked the cross promotion with the Darth Vader comic, where the Second Sister cameo'd in the comic months ago. Nothing crazy, but still kinda fun.

My hopes are that it isn't too linear. Something like God of War 2018 would be nice, rather than something like Uncharted. Also, I hope I can get a yellow lightsaber.

Something like God of War, KH3, or FFXV I wouldn’t mind in terms of world design. Open enough, but not open and big for the sake of it. I’d rather not just have a open world game in the style of how Ubisoft typically handles them.

I've wanted an open world star wars game for a while but this seems to be more traditional  linear action game fare which I don't mind. Was hoping for a less generic setup but this seems to be a safe game designed to garner goodwill from fans more than anything else.

I normally very much trust Respawn but no gameplay footage is concerning. I was excited to see the movement mechanics they draw from the force but I guess EA could use the pr for E3. 

I'm not really sold yet since there's nothing to really go off of, but that could change. Just bummed about the slow burn PR