Awoo.

Astral Chain | Platinum Games (August 30th, Switch exclusive)

DiamondX

A Nintendo Switch exclusive game made by Platinum Games is releasing on August 30th.

The game is about a futuristic city and its police special force units.

I think that the game looks great and I can't wait to see more.

• Thumbs Up 6

• The title was changed to Astral Chain | Platinum Games (August 30th, Switch exclusive)

Certainly looks cool, but I'm hoping the combat is as varied as Bayonetta's was. The combat in Nier: Automata was too simplistic for me to fully enjoy the game. 

This looks really exciting. Totally out of the blue announcement and it's coming really soon. I'll be following it pretty closely. I wonder if this is getting priority over Bayonetta 3? As in, Bayonetta is a big Nintendo exclusive so this is something planned to bring a new IP to the table and assisting to buy B3 some more time.

I was really surprised that the Nier director is directing this. I thought for sure he'd be doing the sequel to Nier.

The game looks really cool. While watching the Direct, I first was thinking "Is this Platinum?" until the robot dog appeared, and I was 100% sure it was Platinum lol

Considering how Yoko Taro now is mostly involved in writing an Automata-themed scenario for the next expansion of Final Fantasy XIV, i can see why the director allowed himself to do this project instead.

Looks like Bayonetta/Devil May Cry meets Xenoblade/Metal Gear Rising...with a bit of Jet Force Gemini.

I’m sold!

Anything with a super robo doggo in it has my attention.

I swear Pstar has their hands in so many pies these days. You'd think they'd be over-reaching themselves, but they just keep cranking out gems.