Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

10 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have something big here. The coin payouts for offline races has been massively buffed! I've been testing and while the game is still showing the old values for me, doing some quick math tells me I am in fact getting the buffed amounts right now.

Yeah, about that. I keeping reading on Reddit that this is only working for some players, apparently? It's working for me tho', but I admit I didn't did the math to verify if it's real or just a visual bug. I got 103 coins racing offline on Polar Pass and was like "whaaaaaaaaa"? This is great! Perhaps they buffed the coin earning this month because all you can buy are legendary skins, which are a 1000 coins more expensive than a new character.

Beenox has the best of intentions, too bad their programming is buggy a lot of the times xD

Also this:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1217956541619302400?s=20

Is anyone seeing this?

• Thumbs Up 2

@Jango Yeah, it's definitely working for me, which is massively convenient because I tot it I'm my head that I'm gonna get all the paint jobs, and 2with the new coin rates it makes grinding races online a feasible option for the first time. I'm almost there now, just have one gem paint and a few spectral paints left.

Sorry for double posting but after today's grinding I have all of the paint jobs now. Took all of todays Wimpa Time plus 24 runs of Android Alley ( which I was only willing to do since I'm one of the lucky ones getting more coins than I should). Funny thing is that after adding up all the wheels and skins I don't have the total cost it's going to take to clear out one or the other is the same, at 90000 apiece.

Been playing CTR online the last few days. I've long since grown bored of the constant grinding structure of the Grand Prix, but I wanted to try and unlock all characters. I've now unlocked everyone (including King Chicken) apart from Koala Kong, Pasadena O'Possum & Ebenezer Vom Clutch. I don't think they'll be available to unlock (for me) until the next grand-prix, which is fine.

I really like MegaMix Mania, definitely my favourite of the new tracks, which has nothing to do with the fact that I've won this race like half a dozen times already (once I learned how to do the short-cut) ;) It's a really fun, challenging layout. You can make up a lot of ground if you can retain the white boost or red boost thoroughout the tight twisty section and when landing from the high-jump section. Maybe it just suits my style as I normally opt for acceration as my preferred racing style which I find really effective on this track. 

Wonder how long they'll keep doing new Grand Prix's and making new tracks & characters? This game now has 50 playable characters which is insane.

The good news is that if you miss characters the first time round (in which you then have to wait a few months until they pop back up again) when they do it’s no longer limited and they will stay for good on the shop (on rotation mind you and often behind the “newer” stuff.

Heck, during the Xmas GP I had skins and items from GP’s 1 through to 5 at one stage due the the daily rotation.

Realized while playing recently that the new mask is "Apo-Apo" as in "Apocalypse." Pretty obvious in hindsight. Not sure why I didn't pick up on it when I first saw the name.

So, are you guys enjoying this GP? I'm pretty content the new track, it's probably my favorite of the bunch, design wise and music wise too. 

I'm really looking forward to the next one tho'. 

It's sad that the game still has a long way to go when it comes to bug fixes (those pesky invisible walls) and the online mode in general. I wonder if Beenox will ever give attention to that once they run out of characters to add to the roster. It's a good thing that they indeed improved the online experience over the months, but it's still not that great, eventhough I can play mostly fine 95% of the time.

Well I'm done with this GP. Not in the "waah this sucks I hate it" manner, but in that I got to 42000 Nitro. Now I just gotta play on weekend hours for the 20000 coins per weekend quota I've set for myself to prepare for the next GP. Or I could technically just grind offline because I still have the increased coin rewards, but I've hit an unfortunate place where I've gotten good enough at the game to where the AI simply can't compete, even on hard. So grinding offline is boring AF, ah well.

• Fist Bump 1

• 3 weeks later...

Next GP will be the last, but a new Challenge system will be implemented following it, more Time Trials will be added, and the game will still see new characters, Karts, and content added in the future. (This might be it for new Tracks, though.)

Victory lap, people...!

February GP will be the last one:

https://blog.activision.com/crash-bandicoot/2020-02/The-Victory-Lap-for-Crash-Team-Racing-Nitro-Fueleds-Grand-Prix

More details on how they'll continue supporting the game above.

Bittersweet, but expected. We really came far! They promised more characters, skins and what-not even after the last GP is over and "a long-awaited item". Hum?!

https://blog.activision.com/content/dam/atvi/activision/atvi-touchui/blog/crash-bandicoot/body/GP_Infographic_FINAL.jpg

Expecting at least 2 or 3 major content updates, with one celebrating the one year anniversary, and one dedicated to content from the new game. 

On 2/14/2020 at 2:51 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

>time trials

>harder than oxide 

>DRAGON FUCKING MINES 

thanks but no thanks

Ay dios mio.

upzydprjd3h41.png

Please let this be the case. ^

They didn't with Oxide, probably won't do it with Emperor Velo (which I'm predicting will be their ghost). 

This would be hell for people that only barely made it against Oxide before. Buuuut I guess Beenox's times will be only 2 or 3 seconds lower than Oxide's. Unless they really wanna make us suffer. IRC, I only barely beat Oxide in a few tracks, Dragon Mines being one of them of course :( 😕

I wonder which reward would be. Hopefully it isn't the character Emperor Velo. Could be legendary skin for him tho'. Or one for Geary /s

Could you imagine how worse it would be if they added.....Dev Relic Races?

I refuse to do these again. Tracks like Dragon Mines literally require such precise timing, and literal abuse of unintentional game design (U-Turning) that it’s complete bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 1

God forbid that the dev ghosts actually use that godforsaken shortcut up the tracks.

8 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I saw this game had an update earlier today. What's going on?

Did they finally change the Christmas theme?

They changed it when the post apocalyptic GP started last month.

2 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

They changed it when the post apocalyptic GP started last month.

Huh. Oh that's right.

Only noticed recently when my nephew wanted to play.

Welp, the social media manager got a little bit ahead of himself and leaked the next GP (which should be officially announced tomorrow anyways).

And guess what? The last GP will be set on the home planet of the guy who started it all, Gasmoxia! That's just perfect. Too bad he/she uploaded the wrong image :P The tweet was quickly deleted, of course.

Blog post details:

• Velo is the only character in this prix
  • Velo will be the new time trial ghost
  • There's two sets of time trials coming - Velo's, and then Beenox Devs
  • This is the final chance to get your hands on a Champion Kart if you haven't already