Awoo.

Confirmed: Sega are not issuing review codes for Sonic Forces

Badnik Mechanic

2 hours ago, Yeow said:

One of the replies to the IGN editor was Polygon editor saying they haven't gotten a review code either.

Also, IGN gave Mania a 8.7/10 a few months ago. They gave positive reviews to Colors and Generations too.

Keep in mind that Sonic Mania was a classic styled Sonic game, of course IGN will praise the Hell out of it. Even if it was bad, they probably  would have found an excuse to praise it for not being a 3d Sonic game. Too many review sites seem horribly biased against 3d Sonic games, to the point of even trashing decent ones like Sonic Generations. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Now that said, we've only gotten word from one or two these outlets suggesting they haven't gotten a review code,  and we've no idea on if this is just a case of SEGA not yet distributing such. 

Now if by say,  near the end of the week,  things stay the same or even more outlets come clamoring the same tune,  we really have a problem with some heads of industry in SEGA. 

Just now, Patron said:

Apparently this already happened to Rise of Lyric. http://nintendonews.com/news/wii-u/sega-sonic-boom-review-copies/

Old news man. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Again its weird because I don't think Forces has something awful to hide from what I've seen in leak streams. Yeah its average-y but its not offensively bad like Rise of Lyric was.

It makes me think that its something to do with Sega rather than anything in the game itself. Again, I am hoping its just a weird Sega thing and that there isn't some day-one patch that they're planning for Forces. Because you know, instead of releasing a day-one patch, maybe you could just... delay the game until you've finished and have fully implemented the fixes (I do make an exception to this if the game very suddenly had a horrific bug crop up that doesn't get detected until the games have been shipped out, but that's remarkably rare especially in modern times, and Forces shows no signs of falling victim to such.).

I'm questioning if the "rumor:" part really needs to be in the title anymore.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, Mad Convoy said:

Again its weird because I don't think Forces has something awful to hide from what I've seen in leak streams. Yeah its average-y but its not offensively bad like Rise of Lyric was.

This, yeah. It's not like the game's Sonic '17, it's just.. mediocre. Sure, most Sonic fan boards have teared into it, but there's still plenty of people who are excited for it. Like.. I don't see what there is to gain. It's already been leaked. Target audience is still hyped for it, judging from YouTube. Anyone who cares about reviews will probably be concerned by the lack of them. Anyone who doesn't care will probably buy it anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

How are you still hyped if you're disappointed and aware they treat Sonic simply as a cynical money maker?

sonic means to much to me and my childhood of 26 years. its hard to explain but its like sticking with a racer that is at first and slowly drops down bit by bit. still its sad to see the hero i grew up with hit such hard times.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

sonic means to much to me and my childhood of 26 years. its hard to explain but its like sticking with a racer that is at first and slowly drops down bit by bit. still its sad to see the hero i grew up with hit such hard times.

That pretty much sums it up, especially since we know Sonic Team and Sega can do better, they just seemingly don't want to for some reason.

26 minutes ago, -Justin- said:

Hmm, is this a bad thing? Just wondering.... it doesn’t sound like that big of a deal.

It means that critics can't play and review the game before the game comes out. Which is unfortunate for those who'd want to see reviews to decide whether to get the game or not before release date.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Razule said:

It means that critics can't play and review the game before the game comes.

Yeah, it's just the game is so close to release now. I know quite a few people like to see reviews before they play the game, but it won't be long now!

8 minutes ago, Dr. Egguman said:

Anyone know if the "leak" about 30 positives review, 4 mixed and 6 negatives is legit?

No one but the person themself. It's definitely fake tho considering.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 3

52 minutes ago, -Justin- said:

Hmm, is this a bad thing? Just wondering.... it doesn’t sound like that big of a deal.

9/10 when it happens, it's a sign that the game is shit, or completely broken on release.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Egguman said:

Anyone know if the "leak" about 30 positives review, 4 mixed and 6 negatives is legit?

If reviewers are claiming that they aren't getting the game, then I'm going to say no.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Razule said:

No one but the person themself. It's definitely fake tho considering.

Very good to be true, guess this year was just for Classic Sonic comeback...

2 hours ago, -Justin- said:

Generally, it's a sign the publisher lacks confidence in their product and would rather avoid having their metacritic score shat up until after they sell some copies.

This isn't always the case, but most of the time it's not a great sign.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, -Justin- said:

If game companies refuse to give review copies, it is generally because they are not proud of the game they are making and need something to hide behind. Obviously, this is not a good sign.

There are exceptions to this rule; Bethesda for instance stopped review copies for their games years ago.

TBH my personal opinion on this is that Sega and ST may have lost confidence in the game after the "minute to win it" demo was so poorly received by press and gamers alike. With that disaster fresh on people's minds, they might have been afraid that the demo may have an impact on the game's score. Obviously, this is a hypothetical situation, but given that I've played the E3 demo thoroughly and given in to watching the leaked footage of the game, I don't see anything ST feels it needs to hide. Maybe it is the level design, but that's all I can think of. No gamebreaking glitches or anything.

They’re probably worried it’s going to get mediocre reviews like SLW did. That and the demo was poorly received (mostly in the West), so they’ve decided to not send out review copies this time around. I don’t remember if SLW had day one reviews, but I do remember the reaction when it received average scores, especially after Sonic Generations. 

Imagine that, two mediocre Sonic games released in four years. That...is worrying.

• Thumbs Up 6

10 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

They’re probably worried it’s going to get mediocre reviews like SLW did. That and the demo was poorly received (mostly in the West), so they’ve decided to not send out review copies this time around. I don’t remember if SLW had day one reviews, but I do remember the reaction when it received average scores, especially after Sonic Generations. 

Imagine that, two mediocre Sonic games released in four years. That...is worrying.

Lost World came out in Europe like 2 weeks before the US and reviews were made public then as well, worrying everybody in the US xD

10 hours ago, Dr. Egguman said:

Of course it was fake.

The guy refused to post his 'sources' or even where he had seen these public conversations that he used for his info.

Then he changed his story so that it was only 20 people he spoke to, yet somehow was still claiming 40 reviews.

Now only posts on Reddit where they still believe him.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Famitsu gave Sonic Lost world even a higher note. So their for we can not right now if this game is really good. We have to wait for more reviews.