Awoo.

Sonic Forces: Theme of Metal Sonic (US Stardust Speedway)

DiamondX

1 hour ago, Crazy_Diamond said:

Nice! I've always thought that the US version of the song was at least as good as the JP version. Nice to see it get some love. What's even more interesting than that is the pictures in that video. We see what looks like a new level in a tunnel.  Also, the glitch effect on Metal Sonic is clearly visible. We've seen it on both Chaos and Metal Sonic now. I think all four of the other villains are illusions created by Infinite. It's really obvious now.

Wait, where did we see the glitch effect on Chaos? :o 

1 minute ago, Tomzilla98 said:

Wait, where did we see the glitch effect on Chaos? :o 

in the "enter infinite" trailer observing chaos you can see the little glitches around im. 

• Thumbs Up 5

19 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Mmmmaybe, but it might be a chase battle ala Silver's in Generations, and I could see the tunnel being part of the city.

Definitely this. It's kinda disappointing to see Metal is the first boss again. It's always easy to fight him.

35 minutes ago, sonicdudeatdawn said:

in the "enter infinite" trailer observing chaos you can see the little glitches around im. 

Guess Infinites power will influence the Villains when fighting each of them.

The Metal Sonic Stardust Speedway remix is whatever. It could had been passable if it wasn't dripping in drum and bass / dubstep instrumentals. They kinda make the song come off as just pure noise IMO.

As someone who grew up with Sonic CD's US soundtrack, I'm glad that they chose to represent that version of the game.  I've always preferred the US take on Stardust Speedway.

On the other hand, this remix is pretty bad.  It's just shallow noise; it doesn't have the depth or variation of the original.  Disappointing.

1 hour ago, PKGaming said:

Oh my god, NOO!! Please tell me we can switch between US and JP/EU versions of the song if we want.

I would guess probably, due to the title of the YT video saiying US version.

(Please be true)

It's... not bad i guess

Better than the majority of what we've seen so far in Sonic Forces's OST but not super good

It's cool they reused the US theme, don't get me wrong I love the JP/EU theme and have nostalgia for it but it's nice to not see a remix of it for the 10000th time (even more so counting that Mania has a really good remix that is hard to top)

So far Sonic Forces's OST hasn't impressed me too much and it's sad, the OST should always be one of the best part of Sonic games

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually love it. I think it would fit in really well with a fast paced Boss Battle, which any fight against Metal should be.

I think quite a few of Forces OSTs have been earworms. Almost all of the music revealed so far, short of the lyric-less version of the main theme, met with tepid to lukewarm response. But a handful seem to have grown on a bunch of members as the days go by.

I feel like this is the same. I remember a lot of people balking at Infinite's theme, but after giving it some time to sink in coming around to it.

Another horrible track. Trying so hard to be cool, they don't realize this game's music will get old very bad in a few years. 

EDIT: I mean, look at the 80's for instance. Any TV show that used a "really modern music" (on those days) for their themes, now sound ridiculous. That's a lesson everyone should learn: don't force the modern stuff too much.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is my 2nd fave track from the game so far. I like it a lot! Another cool piece to add to my Metal-Sonic music playlist. :o)

Also I see Metal Sonic in Forces is looking to be another auto-run fight... That's alright I guess, however I wish they would add more to it then just that... And if his fight ends up being a fairly early boss battle in the game... then I hope we get to fight all the villains at least 2 times across the game and for the 2nd fights to be very different from the first time you battle them, which would help make the villains not feel like dull one-shot gimmicks..

Sawdust speedway was never threatening of a song. When I was younger and as i grew up stardust jp version was just to fun sounding to see metal as a threat really.  it was to fun. The US track at least makes the race and fight feel threading as if this guy really wants to kill me. Same for here . Some may hate it as usual but dub worms for metal. He's a robot whatdid some expect. Classic smooth jazz.

But going by YouTube comments nearly everyone likes it and forces

21 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

I'd just like to point out that every screenshot has Metal with the same glitchy aura Infinite has, fueling even further the theories everyone in the Uprising are either illusions or being controlled by Infinite.

Sometimes I wish this whole game was an illusion...

• Chuckle 1

All this hate for the US soundtrack is making me sad.

I'm glad the US soundtrack is getting some kind of acknowledgement, but one of the best aspects of the U.S soundtrack is the sophisticated instrumentation so I don't know why they decided to go with a dubstep track for this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Sometimes I wish this whole game was an illusion...

Same for me with the fans.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

On 8/24/2017 at 1:32 PM, Zavok the SpinningSilver said:

Better yet, now I want a heavy metal remix of the theme from Sonic 4. That'd be neat.

Something like this you mean?

The Sonic Forces version of this Metal Sonic track is now the best track for the character, right next to the Sonic Generations ``bad future" remix and Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric Metal Sonic boss ost, which sounds like shrouded forest from Sonic and the Black Knight.

I have opinions. 

I really happen to like the remix, thank you very much. This soundtrack is getting pretty 2000s in terms of its inspirations. I can't tell if this is good or not. 

But I mean, if Trent Fucking Reznor made dubstep work in Hesitation Marks and make it groovy, dark, and menacing all at the same time, I don't mind Sonic doing the same in the darkest game of the franchise. And I really don't mind Infinite having a Linkin Park styled track out of respect for Chester and his fans. I love dark synth work though, I mean I'm a huge Nine Inch Nails fangirl and I really dig Radiohead's eclectic experiments in electronica. 

So yeah no. I have no complaints about this soundtrack except one thing. 

Go harder. Give us the Sonic the Hedgehog equivalent to NIИ's Year Zero.