Awoo.

Sonic Forces: New Tag Team level confirmed

Speedi

Well, I guess the Gamescom demo had some new content so show off for the game. Personally I am pretty intrigued by what this kind of gameplay might be like, being able to switch between the avatar and modern/classic seemlessly would be my guess. But what are everyone else's thoughts on this?

Edit: More info on this mode was explained in this article.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Nice Smile 1

I am very interested in what this entails and I really hope that hammer weapon can be used like amy's in SA where using it while running can make you jump higher.

I just want to know if the friends do something...

Edit: OK, they don't, "classic Sonic characters" means Sonic. Lol.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Rookie said:

I just want to know if the friends do something...

Haha, I actually quickly thought tag team meant Sonic's friends but after reading the description I realised I was wrong.

So I guess there's an ice Wisp now?

I actually wasn't expecting something like the description of the Tag Team Stage. Huh. I wonder if there's going to be any with Avatar + Classic?

• The title was changed to Sonic Forces: New Tag Team level confirmed
12 minutes ago, Celestia said:

So I guess there's an ice Wisp now?

I actually wasn't expecting something like the description of the Tag Team Stage. Huh. I wonder if there's going to be any with Avatar + Classic?

I hope it's actually just Blue Cube or Violet Void.

@MonkeyDestructionSwitch

Hakuna Matata, here comes a fifth stage type, the Tactical Force stage! A sort of RTS/Tower Defense stage where one uses the Sonic friends as expendable pawns to fight off the enemy! Perfect for both camps! Fans can finally use the other characters for the first time in nearly a decade, while haters can watch 'em go flying as disposable pawns! A perfect balance. 

Mixing between Modern and Avatar is actually something I'm quite keen to see more of, clever idea since they both ultimately play similar.

Double Boost also sounds rather cool.

29 minutes ago, Speedi said:

"Darken at the speed of light"??

Cnb_CSSc_Wc_AAy_TKL.jpg

(But seriously that actually sounds kinda cool)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 6

The idea sounds nice, I wonder how the execution is tho.

Also sucks it's not the Tag Team between Avatar and any other Sonic character, but eh.

ALSO also, it reminds me of Heroes (which I like, don't judge) and Advance 3 (which isn't that good, but the tag team mechanic was pretty nice)

ALSO also also, hammer that makes enemies ice cubes? Sounds like either an Ice wisp or a Cube wisp. Would love to see that in action too.

I like that one of the new Wisp/Wispon choices is a hammer. Totally doesn't fit any existing character.

Ice sounds interesting, though. Makes me think of Kirby for some reason.

I wonder if that "double boost" is what we saw back in the reveal trailer when the two Sonics rushed toward the Death Egg Robot at the end. And if that means there will be stages where they team up/assist each other in addition to there being stages with one of them assisting the avatar? Admittedly it'd be nice to see this extended to other characters, but I can't say I'm disappointed since I just don't expect them at this point in spite of their added involvement in the narrative.

I'm gonna bet on this being like Generations' side missions. Temporarily switching from avatar to other characters would be cool though.

If that is the case, I'm wondering just how much this will affect the content of the game. It might be even meatier than I expected, and it's weird to hear that it's still got as much new stuff as it does.

4 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

DH29T5ZXcAA73_o.jpg

ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR FACES

WORN OUT PLACES

WORN OUT FACES~

Joking aside I actually called there being some kind of Tag Team mechanic way back when the game was announced, so I'm somewhat interested in seeing how it's handled. 

Honestly hte first thing that came to mind was Chaotix, given how I get vibes of you being tethered to your partner character asa opposed to them being independint AI doing whatever until you assusme control of them

This does not fill me with confidence.

The Avatar stages already look like they've had about as much effort put into them as Generations' extra missions. I don't imagine this will be much better. Guessing it'll be lots of automated sequences, blocky platforming, and lines of enemies you're supposed to smash/blast/boost through.

I just hope the Modern and Classic Sonic stages are given a bit more care and that these Avatar and tag team stages haven't distracted Sonic Team too much from actually Sonic stages.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would this possibly be the co-op mode then? Or will it be another Generations missions deal, where you can summon the non-Avatar character to assist you with their skills, in this case, Modern Sonic's boosting.

16 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Honestly hte first thing that came to mind was Chaotix, given how I get vibes of you being tethered to your partner character asa opposed to them being independint AI doing whatever until you assusme control of them

I'm wondering if maybe these particular Acts won't even have ordinary boost energy for Modern Sonic, in which case your character could easily be by Sonic's side the entire time Heroes style without it being weird. Like almost any other playable character in the series, the Avatar isn't exactly slow, they just can't boost.

Alternatively it'll be like Advance 3 (and the classics I guess) where you can very easily leave your partner behind and they basically just teleport to catch up.

This brings back Sonic Heroes memories for me.

I know I shouldn't get hype before I even see the gameplay, but I… I just love Sonic Heroes so much.

• Thumbs Up 4

I like the sound of the Double Boost feature, and overall, I can't wait to see this in action! I wonder what exactly this new tag team gameplay will be?