Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Opening Animation (Minor Spoilers)

Sonictrainer

Here's an early look at the opening animation for Sonic Mania, releasing August 15th!

Animated and Directed by Tyson Hesse, featuring custom music by Hyper Potions, this animation is our final gift to you before the game launches on Tuesday! 

Check out Tyson at: https://twitter.com/tyson_hesse

Check out the full song: "Friends" by Hyper Potions at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEboG...

Even though some of us may have already seen this earlier today, SEGA officially released the Opening Animation in Sonic Mania.

A couple remixed Zones get revealed as well as the HBH member we saw before, which I'm calling the "Heavy Leader".

Spoiler

Hydro City Zone and Lava Reef Zone Confirmed! :D

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 2

So because of the leaks SEGA were forced to upload it early. It's amazing but still this sucks. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Twas worth the wait id say, very bouncy and colorful and full of life and just..well... Sonic. I approve

Neato. It looks really amazing suprise suprise

I wish they would make a whole series of shorts we watch on something like Hulu or the official Sonic The Hedgehog channel.

Spoiler
Spoiler

*now imagines Forces having an anime intro. T_T*

I'm bit emotional lately (because of a lot of sad stuff that happened to me in real life), but I watched the trailer (earlier on the spoiler thread), just like this:

giphy.gif

I'm really happy right now. Hot inside.

This is the kind of Sonic I wanna play from now on. Keep these coming, SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2

Spoiler

Holy shit is that Lava Reef Zone in the left ring??

598d08887f9c2_Schermata2017-08-11alle03_28_30.thumb.png.8953653cec401426bbe71f8788ed3f75.png

Mod edit: Please be courteous of spoilers!

Edited by Zaysho
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Auroxen said:
Spoiler

Holy shit is that Lava Reef Zone in the left ring??

598d08887f9c2_Schermata2017-08-11alle03_28_30.thumb.png.8953653cec401426bbe71f8788ed3f75.png

yes. yes it is.

This is so f*cking beautiful...

• Nice Smile 1

Hyper Potions just uploaded the full song

❤️ THANK YOU SEGA! ❤️ Thanks for hiring us to write the cinematic music for the Sonic Mania trailers, for all the new listeners we've received due to all of this, for...everything. This song is a thank you to all of our friends we're meeting on this journey. We were just 2 friends making music together, hanging out and playing games and now we're involved with amazing projects like Sonic Mania. Thank you just isn't enough to express our appreciation. Please go have fun and enjoy Sonic Mania with us. 

Love, 
Ian and Kevin

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry, SEGA!

But hot dang, I love it. Sonic's got that fun and cocky "Pfft, I got this in the bag..." personality here, and it's great! Plus, so smooooth and beautifuuuuul

Hey guys just a heads up, I'm noticing members are posting about stuff we haven't actually seen yet, so I've added spoiler tags to a couple posts. Please be courteous to your fellow members and either use the spoiler tags or take it to the appropriate thread. Thanks!

I'm a fan and follower of this franchise for over 18 years and I must admit that this is hands down the best thing it ever delivered since Sonic 3&K. Nothing will top Mania, not even its inevitable sequel.

My only complaint is that it's not like four hours long and can't inject it directly into my veins.

This is amazing!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

Dear lord. I don't even really know what to say. 

As a fan who came into the series through Adventure 2: Battle and couldn't really get into the Classics, I'm extremely jealous. But at the same time I was happy enough to almost shed a tear.

Articulating what I'm feeling might be impossible at the moment. All I do know is that I want more.

New Sonic anime please?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

I'm a fan and follower of this franchise for over 18 years and I must admit that this is hands down the best thing it ever delivered since Sonic 3&K. Nothing will top Mania, not even its inevitable sequel.

That's what you may think now. But a sequel's likely can show em doing even MORE!