Awoo.

Cool Cat Saves The Kids

Cef9hRfWIAEg_Qs.jpg:large

This movie needs a topic. That is why I am here to create it.

Cool Cat Saves The Kids is quite possibly the greatest movie I've ever seen. Forget my past obsessions with films such as Treasure Planet or Spirited Away, when I saw this film, it an an almost ethereal experience. Don't let the evidently cheap appearance of the cover and already ham-fisted intentions of the film fool you, this is something that has to be seen by everybody if you appreciate the art of so bad, it's good. Unlike the incompetent, lazy "so bad, it's good" in the vein of Birdemic or Sharknado, this stands up with something like The Room of how you're supposed to be in shock of how everything goes wrong throughout its 1 hour 15 minute duration, but you just laugh all the pain away because it's almost proud and unaware of its absurdity.

The film (obviously) centers around Cool Cat, a full grown man in a fursuit who hangs around children all day and is the son of the film's creator, Derek Savage (affectionately referred to as "DADDEH DEREK" by Cool Cat many times throughout) and Mama Cat. Yes. This film actually has bestiality. 

Cool Cat loves ALL kids, and babies too. He also likes to boogie woogie! There are four musical numbers throughout the film, which all of you with absolutely adore. Most of them don't even have to do with the film's purported message of opposing bullying and gun safety, which makes them almost all the more out of left field. For something lasting only 75 minutes, the film feels like an eternity. A hellish, but almost beautifully hilarious eternity. I think I have said enough for now, this is something you have to truly see to believe. With that, I leave you with the trailer. Please don't go through life without seeing this movie, no matter what it takes. You won't regret it.

And as a bonus, two songs from the film:

• Thumbs Up 3

I seen a few clips, though this movie seems dumb, I'd give it a chance.

I was wondering where the Cool Cat Saves the Kids topic was.  Then I saw it and said...

But seriously, let's use this topic to at least have some semblance of discussion and dnot just one-off memes and jokes, please.  If I see that this topic suddenly becomes an imageboard meme-fest, then it will be locked.

• Thumbs Up 9

Felix, how much is Ruccy paying you to do this

Also, Savage is a petty dickhead when it comes to this film. As in he actually tried to send people against I Hate Everything and has done some very shady things to IHE, including threatening him with lawsuits and more.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I've heard Daddy Derek is... well, incredibly hypocritical.  At first glance, Cool Cat is a well-meaning movie about the harmful effects of bullying, albeit one of obviously poor quality, but I've heard something along the lines of him bullying I Hate Everything and even sending him death threats?  Take it with a grain of salt, because I'm not as well-informed on the subject.  Not very much in the spirit of Cool Cat, who (in case you're not aware) loves ALL kids!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Tara said:

Yeah, I've heard Daddy Derek is... well, incredibly hypocritical.  At first glance, Cool Cat is a well-meaning movie about the harmful effects of bullying, albeit one of obviously poor quality, but I've heard something along the lines of him bullying I Hate Everything and even sending him death threats?  Take it with a grain of salt, because I'm not as well-informed on the subject.  Not very much in the spirit of Cool Cat, who (in case you're not aware) loves ALL kids!

I'm not sure if it went that far, but here's what the videos said:

• He's threatened IHE by claiming he'd get a lawsuit placed on him
  • He directly lied by claiming he knew the director of another film on Search for the Worst, and said he'd get more to mass lawsuit IHE. 
  • Another YouTuber (I believe YourMovieSucks) got in direct contact with the directors of the film in question, and the directors flat out said they don't know who Derrick Savage is, and they had no issue with the review.
  • Derrick Savage began verbally abusing IHE by claiming he was a bunch of stuff in emails, which you can see in the videos above. 
  • While there is no solid evidence, everything leads to the conclusion that he impersonated a law firm in an attempt to trick IHE into giving into all of his demands until IHE got in contact with YMS who pointed out several things that were off about the emails. Further helping IHE's point that it was Savage who impersonated the law firm, Savage sent a very smug email to IHE, insulting him again, and flat out telling him to "beg" his follows to stop annoying him. He then sent an email the next day trying to suck up to IHE and claiming Derrick "isn't a bully".
  • He also made a video in an attempt to do exactly what he claims is happening to him (Basically, the truth is he can't take criticism. He instead tried to say IHE had told all of his followers to harass him, despite IHE never sending anyone to do anything. Derrick Savage made a video trying to "call out" IHE, and telling people IHE is evil, and a bully, and telling all of his fans to go and harass IHE. That's right, Derrick Savage himself tried to get people to pull a mass-harassment on IHE.

This movie is hilarious.

Just about anything that could be done wrong is.

Example: Cool Cat yells at the little girl about not looking both ways before crossing a street, then immediately runs into the street without doing so.

I mean I'm not one to judge educational videos, they're always terrible, but you don't just outright ignore the lesson you just taught to advance the "story".

Best part about the entire thing is the guy who sees everything being filmed and awkwardly steps back:

i1UNVd.gif

There's also an entire part where "Daddy Derek" shamelessly shows off the electric guitar that was signed by Van Halen. As if any kids are gonna know or give a shit about that sort of thing. There's no other reason for it being in the film, he just wanted to show off his guitar.

It's just so poorly made it deserves all the scrutiny it gets. Derek clearly just wanted to make money off of cautious parents by creating this "franchise".

• Thumbs Up 9

Well, with or without death threats, that's still both hypocritical, bullying, and most certainly not least, illegal (at least in the US).  If anyone should threaten legal action, it's IHE.

• Thumbs Up 4