Awoo.

Gotta job?

Blash

I work at a software company. I don't do any programming or anything like that, what I mostly do is just type information into the database. It's actually a really nice easy job, I just sit and type all day while listening to my iPod. I'm lucky to still be there, a bunch of people recently got laid off because of the economy (I only knew one of them, but it was still sad that it happened >_<).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eileanach

• Mollfie

• Sega DogTagz

• Foxy

Maybe being an employee and getting paid by the hour is the best you can do. Maybe you just aren
Edited by Mollfie

Maybe being an employee and getting paid by the hour is the best you can do. Maybe you just aren’t worth that much. That line of thinking is all just part of your conditioning. It’s absolute nonsense.

---

Humans are not meant to be raised in cages. You poor thing…

I believe you are bringing an interesting view on the world's job situation here, Foxy. Though, I do not think the way you referred to another member in this topic was as positive as it could have been. Perhaps try to no longer talk down to other members, regardless of how true what you have to say may seem.

Also, despite the fact that this topic is about jobs, I believe that further discussion ought to have its own topic, as this topic seems to be merely about members' own jobs in their lives, and so getting to know each other and what they are working with. You should try making another topic about the subject, one more dedicated to the debating and objective parts of the subject job? Thanks. ^_^

I believe you are bringing an interesting view on the world's job situation here, Foxy. Though, I do not think the way you referred to another member in this topic was as positive as it could have been. Perhaps try to no longer talk down to other members, regardless of how true what you have to say may seem.

Also, despite the fact that this topic is about jobs, I believe that further discussion ought to have its own topic, as this topic seems to be merely about members' own jobs in their lives, and so getting to know each other and what they are working with. You should try making another topic about the subject, one more dedicated to the debating and objective parts of the subject job? Thanks. ^_^

If you’re currently a well-conditioned, well-behaved employee, your most likely reaction to the above will be defensiveness. It’s all part of the conditioning. But consider that if the above didn’t have a grain of truth to it, you wouldn’t have an emotional reaction at all. This is only a reminder of what you already know. You can deny your cage all you want, but the cage is still there. Perhaps this all happened so gradually that you never noticed it until now… like a lobster enjoying a nice warm bath.

If any of this makes you mad, that’s a step in the right direction. Anger is a higher level of consciousness than apathy, so it’s a lot better than being numb all the time. Any emotion — even confusion — is better than apathy. If you work through your feelings instead of repressing them, you’ll soon emerge on the doorstep of courage. And when that happens, you’ll have the will to actually do something about your situation and start living like the powerful human being you were meant to be instead of the domesticated pet you’ve been trained to be.

Currently, I'm doing some contract computer work for a person a friend of mine referred me to, and am also doing some volunteer work which involves restoring computers for needy children and helping seniors get ready for the digital TV transition.

I'm trying to get a full time job as a PC Technician since I love setting up and repairing computers. I'm also looking into putting in ad in my local paper advertising what I can do so people in the area can ask to me to do computer work for them.

Edited by Kevin

If you’re currently a well-conditioned, well-behaved employee, your most likely reaction to the above will be defensiveness. It’s all part of the conditioning. But consider that if the above didn’t have a grain of truth to it, you wouldn’t have an emotional reaction at all. This is only a reminder of what you already know. You can deny your cage all you want, but the cage is still there. Perhaps this all happened so gradually that you never noticed it until now… like a lobster enjoying a nice warm bath.

If any of this makes you mad, that’s a step in the right direction. Anger is a higher level of consciousness than apathy, so it’s a lot better than being numb all the time. Any emotion — even confusion — is better than apathy. If you work through your feelings instead of repressing them, you’ll soon emerge on the doorstep of courage. And when that happens, you’ll have the will to actually do something about your situation and start living like the powerful human being you were meant to be instead of the domesticated pet you’ve been trained to be.

No. I don't have a job.

My reply to you was merely me being a moderator, making a decision for how I feel things would be more tidy around this section here. As I mentioned in my previous post, I believe that this topic was more meant for members to write about their very own jobs, what they are currently working with themselves. Therefore, I will say that a discussion and debate around the job subject and how we are to deal with or work with that, would work better in a topic of its own. Having this all mixed in the same topic might not be as tidy, or otherwise generally not a good idea, as members come in here to post about their very own jobs and not to debate how one should, or whether one should work or not.

Therefore I am asking you to open up another topic for further discussion and debating, so that you can have a topic dedicated to that only, and that this topic stays debate-free for now, please. Okay? ;)

Online.

What is it that you do online to earn money? I know a few people who do surveys, some who test programs, also some friends who play video games and are paid for it.

What is it that you do online to earn money? I know a few people who do surveys, some who test programs, also some friends who play video games and are paid for it.

This guy make 700K a year.

Edited by Foxy
  • Thumbs Up 1

This guy make 700K a year.

That's fantastic and I'm going to have a look around his website because it seems interesting, but what do you do?

o.O Foxy richest member of SSMB?

I don't have a job, however I intend to get a job this summer at a grocery store or a fast food place just for some income. I don't like relying on my parents for money and I'd like to have stuff other than what they give me. *shrug*

haha I'm at work right now! Hence, it would be fitting to talk about jobs here. ;P

I work at a GP's surgery twice a week. Also, that GP happens to be my dad. XD Yeah, he was looking for a part-time receptionist, and since I'm a poor uni student who needed a job, I was happy to take it. It's sorta a family business, as the other receptionist is my mum.

I'm not complaining. I work on the computer pretty much all day, I have access to the internet, don't get berated for making personal phone calls and sometimes I even get my lunch bought for me. Oh, and I get $21 an hour, which is way more than any of my friends earn. =P

So, yes, I love my job! Helps me get the money needed for essential items, like clothes and video games. ;D

That's another point. Maybe I'm only happy with my job at McDs because I only work weekends. To be honest, I'd probably not be as tolerant of it if I were there full-time. Also probably due to the fact that I don't *need* the money right now, I'm just doing it for some spending/ saving money whilst I'm at Uni.

Also I probably have the simplest job there that doesn't involve dealing with customers, cleaning or memorising anything. ='3 But yeah, the people there are mostly great, like I said. That's certainly a bonus.

I don't even know if this properly counts as a 'job', but yeah my job's listing my parents stuff for sale on ebay and I get a cut out of it.

My parents don't even know how to switch a computer on, let alone list stuff on ebay so I do it all for them and list all the stuff they buy at carboot sales, if something's under £14 I get £1, if it's £15 or over I get £2, if it goes for over £30 I get £3, and the stuff that sells for over £50 I get £5, it works like that. Who needs a job when I can make easy money that way! =P

As of a few minutes ago I got hired for the job I mentioned earlier :D Orientation's at 1 so I'm getting around to leave in two hours

Congratulations Cy-Fox!

Well I am still waiting on a job interview for my rather comfortable job that will be full time and take me away from here but I will be getting paid plenty so I do not mind in the slightest.

I work as a Head Office Assistant FEAST for Food Lion. It sounds fancy but I just sit around on my butt and count money. Most of my day is spent on my phone surfing the Internet or telling people what to do/what they are doing wrong.

Never thought I'd say "You're doing it wrong," and it not be coupled with an amusing picture.

Good work Cy-Fox, good to hear that someone in this country actually got HIRED for a job recently. :lol:

I swung by the Pet Hotel a few days back and they were asking if I would be back in the summer :P So at the very least I have an emergency back-up job if I need it.

Anyway the Washington DC area has been doing pretty good from a recession POV. Obama is making government jobs out the wazoo and the people of the metropolitan area are benefiting like crazy.

You seemed surprised by this SDT? Politicians cannot please everyone with their actions they just piss most people off when they try to "help" it angers a lot of people.

I am in the pipeline for a financial advisor job. Just waiting for a bloody date for this stupid interview!

Edited by Eileanach