Awoo.

2015 Year of the Sonics~Your hopes and dreams for the future

Rey Skywalker-Ren

Cool, a positive topic in the Sonic Discussion/Green Hill Zone Sub-forum! I'd definitely like to chime in answering most of the questions if I may.

What was Sonics best highlight in 2015? (It could even be a comic that came out that year or a favorite episode of Sonic Boom)

The Sonic Boom cartoon for sure in what was a very quiet and forgettable 2015 for Sonic as Sonic Runners and Sonic Dash 2 certainly wasn't doing it for me. The excitement of this 31 year old waking up early every Saturday morning to catch a new episode and then post a lengthy detailed take for each episode never became old or less fun as time went on for me :) 

What is your fondest Sonic related memory from 2015? (it can be personal like watching Sonic with family or buying a Sonic thing etc)

Watching Sonic Boom with my 10, 9 and 3 year old nephews and my 8 year old niece every Wednesday which the kids declared it as "Sonic Boom Day" ^_^ As far as specifics go, my baby nephew throwing a temper tantrum after watching Episode 41 "Bro Down Showdown" due to Tails' absence and his absolute joy upon seeing Tails in the following Episode "Late Night Wars". We ended up completing the trifecta of watching Sonic Boom episodes watching Episode 43 "Fire in Crowded Workshop" but my baby nephew's enthusiasm for Tails was definitely the highlight of this moment :) 

The 30 Days of Sonic 2 is a definite honorable mention. 30 consecutive days of gushing about on all sorts of things related to my favorite character of all time...It was definitely a fun experience that I am glad I got to experience for a second time :) 

What are your Sonic related hopes and dreams for the future? (Please be positive on this, no negatives. I want to make GHZ a inviting place again to talk about Sonic)

-I hope Sonic's 25th Anniversary will have at least as much publicity and exposure if not more compared to his 20th Anniversary and it will be a spectacular and memorable year full of fun as surprises. The same for the 25th Anniversary Sonic game.

-Hoping for Sonic Boom Season 2 to be greater than Season 1 (which I enjoyed very much by the way)

-I'm also hoping to see some Modern Sonic merchandise released as I would rather have that than Sonic Boom merchandise any day.

-I am hoping for there to be a Sonic Boom event this year as sadly we didn't have one in 2015. I attended Sonic Boom 2014 and had a blast and I would love to experience it on a Anniversary year as well as being able hopefully meet SSMB members either once again or for the first time ;)  

-Most importantly I hope Sonic continues to be relevant and survive any and all obstacles the franchise faces like he has been doing. Only I hope for improvement and non-repetition of mistakes as well as I definitely hope for Sonic to to better and be more successful.

What Sonic game would you like to see a squeal to? (Please no Sonic Adventure 3, Sonic 06 2 or Shadow the Hedgehog 2)

xkxI5Gn.png?1
Sonic Colors!

Sonic Unleashed may be my favorite game but I actually don't have a desire to see a sequel to it as it left me delighted and satisfied when all was said and done. Sonic Colors on the other hand...didn't. I enjoyed the game a ton and it is my second favorite so it definitely left much to be desired. So I would like to see a sequel to Sonic Colors with some improvements, much more content and definitely much less jokes.

Which Sonic characters would you like to see more of and why? (self explanitory)

BFou43A.jpg?1

Pick a character, any character (other than Sonic, Tails and Dr. Eggman). I definitely feel all of these characters deserve more love and exposure due to them getting the shaft so much not to mention they all could provide some interesting variety as far as the gameplay goes and I am always down for characters in the series being fleshed out more as they all have positive qualities that definitely need to be acknowledged more.

What kind of Sonic games would you like to see and why? (no sequals)

I'm honestly not very picky as far a gameplay goes. As long as the game is fun and isn't ridiculously difficult and frustrating with the gameplay and overall doesn't make me second-guess whether it was worth the purchase or not especially in regards to its length I'll be fine with it. And I would like to see some form of co-op so I can play with my niece and nephews not to mention that would be a way to have Sonic's friends playable in a sense if I can't get my way with no more "Sonic-only".

What is your best Sonic related post or thread you have made in 2015 and why?

I'll answer this both ways if I may. My best Sonic-related post for 2015 was my reply for QUESTION 9 of the 30 Days of Sonic 2

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/19305-dr-crusher-presents-the-30-days-of-sonic-the-hedgehog-mkii-daft-and-tolerating-it-page-72-fin/?page=21#comment-941588

My favorite thing to talk about on the SSMB is that of characterization. Especially that of Sonic himself so this post was definitely a winning combination of the two. ;)

As for the best Sonic-related thread I (re)made in 2015 it would be: 

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/19078-hooked-on-sonics-what-attracted-you-to-the-series/

Why? It's the only one I made as making topics ain't my thing lol. But it's a positive-based topic that I was proud of creating.

What is your favorite Sonic related parody or video on youtube (doesnt have to be from 2015)?

This one:

This was a take on already hilarious scene from Sonic Boom Episode 48 "Designated Heroes". The constant laughter of myself and anyone that I show this video to makes this all the more sweeter. Especially my baby nephew as he seems to laugh the hardest as he is cracking up every time we watch it :P

Which Sonic character are you most like and why?

rCy0Wpf.png?1

Tails!

Tails is kind, sweet-natured and loyal with a positive attitude and is always willing to help out others, and I like to think I am the same way. I am also like Tails by initially being timid and shy, but in time I have slowly opened up and become more outgoing. Tails is not one to grab the spotlight for himself and is more the follower and supporter-type as opposed to the leader (the SSMB's rank title for Tails "Supportive Sidekick" is definitely fitting!). This is me also as I would rather help out and follow along as opposed to initiating things on my own accord. While I don't do it too often I can be like Tails calling people out on their nonsense. 

Last but not least: how would you make Green Hill Zone section of SSMB a better place?

By striking deliberate obnoxious trouble-makers. Scratch that strikeout as I'm actually serious. Things just get way too heated in many of these Sonic discussions and that isn't necessary by any means. Of course opinions differ and disagreements arise but these can all be contested in a respectful manner as opposed to the antagonizing that tends to go on way too much around here. It's definitely something that Staff is starting to crack down on and will continue to do so. 

From a non-moderator viewpoint what I can do to make the Green Hill Zone sub-forum of the SSMB a better place is that I can try to think of and create positive topics in the Green Hill Zone sub-forum as opposed to shying away from making them like I usually do. I can make it a point to post more often in the positive topics that either do exist or may come up. Even bump them back up if need be if I think of something relevant to contribute to the topic if it has been inactive for a while. As for the negativity and criticism while I understand where it is coming from considering the current state of the Sonic series I personally will do my best not to contribute to it myself as it really does contribute to negative atmosphere no matter how "justified" it may be when it is constantly brought up.

• Thumbs Up 7

What was Sonics best highlight in 2015?

:) ahhh well maybe archie Comics the Championships arc..  the art, the character interaction on that comic was so nice! the flashbacks, some comebacks like Breezie, Honey, Scratch, grounder and coconuts.. i loved it so much!

What is your fondest Sonic related memory from 2015?

when me and my brothers watched the reactions to Sonic Dreams collection from different youtubers.. :lol: hahaha we laughed so hard..

What are your Sonic related hopes and dreams for the future?

:D i hope Sega and Sonic team gains more ambition about their games.. if as well they already recognoized they are trying to go slow to make better games.. i'd wish they take this really seriously.. and make games with real passion...

my dream would be they finally can recover the trust of the most of the fans again... but this time not thanks to the memes (wichactuallyhelpsbut) its about the games..

What Sonic game would you like to see a squeal to?

hehe.. XD Sonic Lost World.. i'd wish to see more of the Deathly Six and to know more about them.. their origins or story..

Which Sonic characters would you like to see more of and why? (self explanitory)

uhh Silver, i've got confused with Esp(Exp?) Silver on Sonic Runners.. i would like they explain more about this character situaton someday..

as i said Deathly Six.. to know them more..

and Lyric (?) well we don't know that much from him.. tho i doubt many people want to know about him.. but i would like to know what happend to him.. :D

What kind of Sonic games would you like to see and why? (no sequals)

an Amy Rose game (not Boom Amy tho) .. ^_^   i think i've said it before.. but everytime i think about it.. it would be so cool to see Amy and her closest friends having an adventure, maybe like in Pirate Plunder Panic.. or something else.. it would allow a nice character develoment for Amy..(speccially since she now seems to be more nice than before.. in Sonic Lost World she seemed less obsesive about Sonic i recall)

If you can pick any game for Sonic to crossover with, which game and why? 

ahhaa not angry birds please! XD

well.. umm..  Disney Wreck it Ralph.. again?..  well.. if Mario is gonna be at the second movie. then i would like to see Sonic interacting with him on a movie. XD

Bonus questions:

What is your best Sonic related post or thread you have made in 2015 and why?

:D nice pictures for you (my art tread) if there is anything i'm good doing that is drawing.. but its not comenting or having strong argments..

What is your best Sonic related artwork you have made in 2015 and why?

ohh em.. i think that has to be my Sonic Skyline redesigns... many people liked them.. and i remember i started shyly posting them just for fun .. and now its was from the most liked things i've been posting lately.. 

if we talk about here.. i don't really know for sure..

What is your best Sonic fanfiction you have written or the best Sonic fanfic you have read in 2015 and why?

umm.. i don't really read too much fanfictions.. but  i read one from a friend about my Sonic Skyline AU... its very nice..

If you can compare your SSMB friends to any Sonic characters, who would you compare them to and why? 

nah.. ^//v//^ i think i don't dare....

Did you make any Sonic fancharacters in 2015? Pictures?

XD actually yep

there is a few Sonic fan children i did just for fun this last year.. ¬//3//¬

Spoiler

behold these atrocitiesss!!

aAHHHHA!! X//D

Spoiler

ok here...tumblr_inline_nw8i0uzRL91tvnwm8_500.png

tumblr_inline_nw8i0jtC731tvnwm8_500.png

and some villains to add to some older fancharacters..

Spoiler

Madame Malaria the Mosquito..tumblr_inline_nw8h9lQJDN1tvnwm8_500.png

and these no named dudes..

introducing.. two new OCs XD they still have no name.. but i hope soon to put them more deatiled personal features.. but here is what i’ve gotthe Chupacabras dude.. i’m still not pretty sure about the colors.. because i based his main colors on the generic Chupacabras’ design that people gave to this creature.. XDhe dislikes to be caugh in camera.. so no videos or pictures about him… or he will sue you XD  he runs his own hotels on Emerald Beach.. where Splash uses to make his Jokes .. XP   so he will try to do anything to make that Sea Urchin disappear..so yep.. he is a Villain to my other OCs.. i though Madame Malaria its wasn’t enough evil.. hehe the Optopus Girl  is the Chupacabras’ girlfriend.. she likes to hug him ..and suport him on his evil doing ..XD maybe she will be kinda yandere.. >w> huhuh..both are taller than Splash.. i mean.. they are adults..i hope i can get more ideas for the chupacabras design.. because i’m still not very sure …hope u like it!

What is your favorite Sonic related parody or video on youtube (doesnt have to be from 2015)?

https://youtu.be/HKjtgJsSTbE?t=3

is short, and funny..a master piece.. XD

Which Sonic character are you most like and why?

Sticks.. i believe on conspiracy theories and sometimes i am on my own world...( XD i mean i pur too much attention to drawing and games..)

people looks at me like i was stupid, weird or something ... and i just act normal.. :D

Last but not least: how would you make Green Hill Zone section of SSMB a better place?

°w° .......

i think its very cool the way it is... but.. dunno.. XD  sorry..

• Thumbs Up 1

What was Sonics best highlight in 2015?   

I'd have to say the Sonic Boom TV show. People who don't even like Sonic seem to be finding it an enjoyable watch.

What is your fondest Sonic related memory from 2015? 

For me, it was ( sort of ) getting back into the comics. I had a few Sonic Archives that I bought some years back. I think I had about 5 volumes ( plus the original print of Sonic the Beginning ). I also had two volumes of Sonic Select. Well, archie was having quite a sale, plus lots of promotions. Through out the year, I managed to get all the available Sonic Archives, Knuckles Archives, Sonic Selects, Sonic Saga Series, Sonic post Reboot GNs, and up to volume 6 of Sonic Universe.

I'm a little sad though, I know this is supposed to be a mostly positive thread, but I have to say that after I got this huge collection, I found out all about the obscene delays in graphic novels, cancellation of the Knuckles Archives, and possible cancellation of Sonic Saga series.  I'm not very keen on paying for individual back issues, digital or otherwise. But I still had fun collecting up until now.

What are your Sonic related hopes and dreams for the future? 

All I want is a non-mobile, non-boom game on a Nintendo console, I'm not too hard to please when it comes to Sonic games ( I thought Lost World was actually really good), and for Archie Comics to get back on track with graphic novels.

What Sonic game would you like to see a squeal to? 

Can I get a successor to the Sonic Advance line? Preferably closer in style to Sonic Advance 1? A good, old fashioned 2D Sonic that doesn't completely rely on old material, with multiple playable characters that don't deviate too wildly from Sonic in play style.

Which Sonic characters would you like to see more of and why? 

Anyone that can find a reason to be in the story. But more characters in general please, I love Sonic, but one of the things I loved about the series as a whole was the extended cast and multiple playable characters. If I could pick any in particular I want to see more of, then I'd go with Team Chaotix. I'm a little surprised they've been swept under the rug in the newer games, ever since their re-introduction in Sonic Heroes, they were always some of the goofier characters, you'd think they'd be a perfect fit for the current tone of Sonic.

What kind of Sonic games would you like to see and why? 

I want to take a Mario approach and have both 2D and 3D platformers co-existing on both handheld and home consoles.  With 3D, I'd really like them to refine the Lost World style, it felt pretty good to me.  I'd like to see something more with the Generations 3DS engine. It did a pretty good job of mimicking the classic physics.

If you can pick any game for Sonic to crossover with, which game and why? 

Non-Olympics with Super Mario Bros of course. I don't care how different they are or how overdone the idea is.  I've always wanted it. I grew up on them both, and they're both consistently some of my favorite series. And I think it could work.

What is your best Sonic related artwork you have made in 2015 and why?

This drawing of Julian and Snivley

• Thumbs Up 2

Eh, I suppose I'll go ahead and make a quick post.

What was Sonic's best highlight in 2015? I'd have to say Aaron Webber memeing up the Sonic Twitter. :P

What is your fondest Sonic related memory in 2015? I'm not 100% sure if this would count, but I'd say it's all of the awesome people I've met here on SSMB, especially a certain someone (you know who you are ;))

What are your Sonic related hopes and dreams for the future? To be honest, I pretty much just want the 25th anniversary game to be good.

What Sonic game would you like to see a sequel to? I think a Heroes 2 that refines the team mechanic could be fun.

What Sonic characters would you like to see more of and why? Knuckles, because he's one of my favorite characters, and I think it's been way too long since he's been in an important role.

What kind of Sonic games would you like to see and why? I really want to see another game with full 3D control (no 2D sections), multiple playable characters, hub worlds like the ones in SA1/Unleashed, and an interesting story that isn't too silly, but not too dark/serious.

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I apologize for not answering that many of the questions, but I didn't really have an answer for a lot of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Falonso14 said:

What is your fondest Sonic related memory in 2015? I'm not 100% sure if this would count, but I'd say it's all of the awesome people I've met here on SSMB, especially a certain someone (you know who you are ;))

tumblr_o0en17DM1w1uibns1o4_540.gif

haha :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if it will be satisfactory since im barely answering any questions, but what i want for this year is a sonic game that can make me feel like talking about it. An eye opener so to speak. Its kinda boring talking about past games, and the recent games hasnt been to my taste at all ( critique is just not the same thing as talking about things you genuinly enjoyed )

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PandoloFox said:

Not sure if it will be satisfactory since im barely answering any questions, but what i want for this year is a sonic game that can make me feel like talking about it. An eye opener so to speak. Its kinda boring talking about past games, and the recent games hasnt been to my taste at all ( critique is just not the same thing as talking about things you genuinly enjoyed )

Nah your cool. Like I said you dont have to answer any questions :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Some more things I'd like in 2016.. 1: Both Adventure games available on Googleplay. 2: Sonic to return to the Macys parade. 3: Modern Sonic toys to be part of the 25th Anniversary line. (Specifically, I would like figures of Rouge, Omega, Tikal, Chaos, Zeena, and regular 'ol Modern Sonic.) 4: Speaking of toys, how about a 'Dreamboat Express' 3-Pack for the Boom line? And Clown Amy? And hipster doofus Sonic from the Metal Sonic episode? 5: New Sonic Happy Meal.

• Thumbs Up 1