Awoo.

Until Dawn "I want to play a game"

Badnik Mechanic

Re: Matt

Apparently, you CAN save him if you decide not to get the flare gun. The trick is to avoid saving Emily and to instead jump to safety. I guess the idea is he will land on a higher level of the mine than if he tried to save her, so he doesn't need to worry about getting dragged to the meat hook with his name on it.

Edited by Ty the Tasmanian Ogilvie

• 2 weeks later...

Oh hey, found this topic.

Wait a minute, this isn't a Sonic-related topic? Is this real life? I'm actually going to post my thoughts on a non-Sonic game that isn't FNaF?! This calls for a celebration!

But yeah, after hearing the good word-of-mouth, Mark's playthrough and my sister's insistence on getting the game along with the PS4 I purchased (Yeah, I finally got the thing but I will wait for the next Sonic game until I'll actually use it for games ; _ ; ) I decided to give the game a try yesterday and I really enjoyed it!

But I guess it helped that I knew how to save everyone and know where all the collectibles are but the story, despite being your typical cheesy teen horror flick, was very tense, mysterious and engaging. Seriously, that end sequence got me so tense it's not even funny. 

I was really impressed with the visuals especially the character models, it helped that they took actually shots of the actors and all that high-tech stuff, and the music was very impressive that has plenty of atmosphere and intensity that fitted the appropriate scene. The characters while do follow a specific trope were still very enjoyable to see and interact with other characters and seeing them all mature at the end especially Jess and Mike, if you saved them of course XP. Like I can't really say I hate any of the characters so that can be a good thing, I think?

Can't really say a whole lot but I managed to get the Platinum this morning when I did the Perfect Ending yesterday, by getting all the collectibles and saving everyone. So I was sad that I had to axe everyone to do so. :(

Though it kind of sucks that some of characters go flat in some parts but that's probably because the writers wouldn't those characters do anything too important in later scenes after their potential deaths.

Overall, it was a really solid experience and it was really good game. So yeah, hopefully this could be a start of me trying different games but don't expect to do it so frequently, maybe once in a blue moon.....

Edited by Puli Soni

• 1 month later...

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/27/until-dawn-spin-off-rush-of-blood-coming-to-playstation-vr/

Earlier this week, rumors leaked out about some sort of Until Dawn-related project called Rush of Blood. At the Sony Media Briefing at Paris Games Week, it was revealed that Until Dawn: Rush of Blood is a PlayStation VR spin-off of Supermassive Games’ Until Dawn.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood follows an Until Dawn character and puts them on an on-rails adventure. It is a first person, roller coaster game with shooter elements. Players will be able to make choices as they play, which will influence the storyline.

A release date has not been announced for Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. It will be a PlayStation VR PlayStation 4 game.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/27/until-dawn-spin-off-rush-of-blood-coming-to-playstation-vr/#Dz6GTKlKbeGI9kMO.99

So yeah...this exists. Personally I would have vastly prefered a spiritual successor. I hope one is still in the works. 

• 1 month later...

PSA: 

Shopto are selling this for just under £18.

Thanks to a saved balanced, just grabbed it for only £3!