Awoo.

Cartoon/Anime Theme Songs from Around the World

ElectricAngel

I feel like posting in this thread again. And no, I don't feel bad for bumping a dead topic. :V

Lately I've been in a very Scooby-Doo mood. I blame Ryan for this, he sparked my love for the franchise once again. And so, I've decided to start catching some of the Scooby-Doo airings on Boomerang lately. A week ago, I woke up on a Saturday morning and caught *gorans* Be Cool, Scooby-Doo. However, after that they played two episodes of What's New Scooby-Doo? and I noticed they actually redubbed the show! It's funny how me, and a few other members over at GreekToons forums have noticed this in the past week too. Could be a recent thing. Anyway, aside getting a new voice cast that sounds close to the original actors and have much better delivery of lines and emotions, they also dubbed the theme song! And it sounds amazing! I found it on YouTube, though the sound is a tad out of sync.

Translated Lyrics:

What's new, Scooby-Doo?
We're going to solve this mystery together!
I see you, Scooby-Doo!
Everything leads me to you, Scooby-Doo!

What's new, Scooby-Doo?
You're the champion!
You're the only one!
You're what's new, Scooby-Doo!

Don't stop, you're the only one who can find the solution!
And in the end, you'll come out on top!

What's new, Scooby-Doo?
I see you, Scooby-Doo!
Everything leads me to you, Scooby-Doo!

Na na na na na (x6)
What's new, Scooby-Doo?

And then as a bonus I wanted to share the Greek opening to The Scooby-Doo Show. Why? Well, I feel it's one of the few openings that are superior to the English one! I feel it flows better and the lyrics are better (to me). Also, it's sorta relevant to What's New Scooby-Doo, since they played this intro instead of the What's New Scooby-Doo intro in the original broadcast. Though there were times when they just used the English opening for What's New Scooby-Doo.. You know, Greek television was quite messed up with dubs back in the day, honestly. 

Translated Lyrics:

Everything is ready, the show's about to start!
Scooby-Doo will soon be with you again!
Something suspicious is over there, and Scooby's worried sick!
Shaggy find the answer, just do something for once!
Who knows when and who, for what reason, what and where?
Surely Scooby-Doo!
Who knows when and who, for what reason, what and where?
Surely Scooby-Doo!
My little pal!
Scooby Dooby Doo!

• Thumbs Up 1