Awoo.

I think people are taking this stuff too seriously. With a few exceptions, like the Spongebob and Genie ones, people understand that these are just fun fan theories. I doubt many seriously believe that the Rugrats are actually dead babies or that Ash is in a coma, it's just an interesting alternate interpretation of the story.

-Donald Duck is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder

But that's not a theory.

donaldduckptsd.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

I have a question about the ed ed and eddy theory. Supposedly johnny was born in a time when having a wooden plank friend made you cool or acceptable. What time period was this? Is that even true?

I have a question about the ed ed and eddy theory. Supposedly johnny was born in a time when having a wooden plank friend made you cool or acceptable. What time period was this? Is that even true?

I think that might have been a bit of misinterpretation of a completely different trend.  In the early 80's, wooden finishes were very popular in appliances as well as children's toys and entertainment systems.  So I tend to think it may have been a statement about that.  If not, it's possible that perhaps it was a statement, saying that the either poor or rebellious nature of the time period he's from either made his impoverished looking, makeshift "friend" a trendy thing, or he might be from a time prior to the industrial revolution and so any kind of possession like that might be a some sort of display of wealth or social class.

Not that I subscribe to the theory anyway as it really pushes the envelope a lot more than most theories that are supposedly "convincing."