Awoo.

RIP Casey Kasem (April 27, 1932-June 15, 2014)

Boomer

Casey_Kasem.jpg

(April 27, 1932-June 15, 2014)

Reports have just started coming in that Casey Kasem has been taken off life support (possibly by his wife) earlier this morning. His daughter had this to say “Early this Father’s Day morning, our dad Casey Kasem passed away surrounded by family and friends. Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken. Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. The world will miss Casey Kasem, an incredible talent and humanitarian; we will miss our Dad.
With love, Kerri, Mike and Julie.”

I personally remember him as voicing Shaggy on Scooby Doo, he was probably my favourite character on that show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really sad to hear that.  His Shaggy was a very influential part of my childhood and one that will be missed from modern media.  What a horrible time to go, too.

Rest, good fellow. ;_;

• Thumbs Up 6

After the media circus about his health last month, I'm not surprised that when the ruling finally came down it happened so quickly. Truly a shame that his prolific career was essentially a footnote tacked on the end of his custody battle.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh this is sad to hear. I grew up hearing his rendition of Shaggy for most of my childhood.

Aww man, I didn't know he was ill for quite some time so I didn't expect this at all. <=( His Shaggy voice is instantly recogniseable and it's his rendition in Scooby Doo that I grew up with. Rest in Peace Casey Kasem.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another one bites the dust... sad.png Seriously though, this year is taking a lot of big names from us. Maybe we should have a general Celebrity Death topic?

Sad day for sure. To me Shaggy was an iconic character during that time, as well as my childhood. I also remember him doing the top songs of each year on the radio. (Oldies station) My mom would always listen to it and tell me Shaggy is on the radio!

Damn, I knew he wasn't doing too well, but didn't know the extent of what was going on. I'm only really familiar with his work as Shaggy, which stuck with me for a long time, but I know he had quite a prolific career in radio as well. May he rest in peace.

Very sad news. I used to love Scooby-Doo as a kid so it's very sad to see him go. RIP. 

As the voice of Shaggy, he was a big part of my childhood. As a Scooby Doo fan, I'm sad to see him go.

Rest in reace Raggy. :(