Awoo.

Sonic Boom E3 Roundup

Willsy

Thought I'd create this thread as there is probably a lot of info coming our way this week. Delete if we don't need it/when E3 is over.

anchovies-o.gif

Stephen Frost: "I smell a smell. A smelly smell that smells....smelly....

..Sonic fans..."

Aaron Webber: "Wha-"

"SONIC FANS"

Anyway, post any footage/impressions/info/demos in here. What do you think we'll see/hear of both versions? I'm definitely anxious/excited to see more of both, especially with me wanting to see more of how the stages will work in Rise Of Lyric.

The Sonic Stadium Impressions

• Thumbs Up 1

For those interesting in live commentary, Swashbuckling Console War Regiment Musketeers will be doing live reactions during the Nintendo E3 show in which this should take place. Guest commentators via Skype are welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

On the subject of E3, here is a photograph documenting a booth of SEGA's:

1908329_10152447434972418_51167699392231

• Thumbs Up 2

Off camera gameplay from E3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wl0OSDUlQ

Are you kidding me!? That's why the speed sections are so bad! They're not real levels but they're racing stages! Like the 3DS version has!

... I'm not sure I follow. It's not Rivals-like racing since the other characters clearly weren't competing, as seen by the rubberbanding; otherwise, if the fact it's basically autorun speed sections surprises you... wasn't it obvious by now?

So... what in that video indicated anything symbolizing a race? The 3DS version had a "Yu Win!" screen and even explicitly says they're reace levels. This has...?

I doubt they're racing stages. It looks as if you're still able to switch characters mid-stage, since the option is still there on the top-left of the screen. What'd be the point of trying to beat the other characters when you're able to just switch to the one who's in the lead at any given time?

Off camera gameplay from E3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5wl0OSDUlQ

Are you kidding me!? That's why the speed sections are so bad! They're not real levels but they're racing stages! Like the 3DS version has!

I have no idea what you're going on about.

If you're saying they're not real levels as in they're not a part of the brawlers, well no duh

If you're saying that they're stages you race through, well no duh

If you're saying they're not real levels as in they're autorun levels, well no duh

• Thumbs Up 1

They aren't really racing levels or mini games, but rather something inbetween. They link the hub world to the adventure stages.

Thanks for posting!

OMG that music is just HNNNNNNG! In other words, I really like it. Can anyone tell what 'veteran Sonic composer' it is? It sounds similar to the special stage music from Sonic Heroes...maybe Jun?

Wow look guys a sonic game! 

Have fun making jak 4 BRB im sure the kiddies will... survive it.

Wow look guys a sonic game where you still have to stop and do stuff every now and then, doesn't really look any faster than its Wii U counterpart except when it wants to be and sometimes you commandeer a small submarine! Sonic!

Seriously, could you knock it off with this condescending attitude? All it's accomplishing is making you sound like a dick, and it's starting to piss me off.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow look guys a sonic game where you still have to stop and do stuff every now and then, doesn't really look any faster than its Wii U counterpart except when it wants to be and sometimes you commandeer a small submarine! Sonic!

Seriously, could you knock it off with this condescending attitude? All it's accomplishing is making you sound like a dick, and it's starting to piss me off.

And what does this post make you sound like? I understand you are frustrated and you disagree with his opinion (which he is entitled to whether you agree or like it or not on both accounts), but you really don't have the right to be calling out someone out like this for being condescending and such when your tone and words were no better. When expressing disagreement, you are to express yourself in a calm and respectful manner, even when you are upset with someone as this outburst of yours here is all kinds of unacceptable.

• Thumbs Up 4

Confirmed via the Sonic Twitter account - everyone who plays Boom at E3 gets a free Sonic Boom bag!*

Bp3U4iaIUAAh5F6.jpg

*girl not included

Seriously,could you knock it off with this condescending attitude? you sound like Male Genitalia, and it's starting to Ruffle my feathers.

Yes it does look much faster and im fine with having to stop I would even be fine with it if it were in the WiiU ver... Oh wait it is. The thing is there Wii version never looks like it starts in the first place.

Like I said before the Wii version looks like sonic is taking a casual jog and has zero flow. The 3ds game while i dont love it, atleast had the flow of a sonic game, It would have that even if it were slower.

Thats whats important to me its not just speed the flow. The Wiiu version may even be able to recapture me if they show some levels that dont look so... bad and bland.

Also we have had huge portions of discussions in these threads about the teams behind them. But now i mention they arent doing a good job at making a sonic game,that sanzaru atleast knows what we like about him ,and im suddenly chris thorndyke. After giving them credit where its do and laughter where its needed I'm hated like omochao

If you cant handle someone critisizing the work of someone else you should'nt be on a forum.

If you cant handle someone critisizing the work of someone else you should'nt be on a forum.

Kiah talked to First long before you did about their post. There's no need to continue this tangent because it's only going to lead to more arguing, so get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 4

Dunno if this was posted yet, but here's a cutscene. Wow, Cindy Robinson's Amy sounds GREAT.

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn! Amy's voice sounds so much better than it did In Generations!

Oh Knuckles...

Geez, Minnie Mouse really is dead and gone.  Even the game's haters have to concede to that.

Overall though, I like what I'm seeing from this game.  I know it's not the fastest Sonic game, or the most familiar, but it's nice to see something different from the series.  I like the Smash Bros type fighting and of course the use of other characters.  And to top it all off the story actually looks interesting after so many simplistic plots of past entries.

I may not be sure on whether most Sonic fans will like it, but I'm pretty certain any Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and Lego game fan will feel right at home with this.  And I'm not sure if anyone else got the feeling, but I thought it had a similar feel to Epic Mickey in a way, which too was a great game.