Awoo.

The American Football Discussion Topic

Jimbo

I'm rooting for the Seattle Seahawks on this one, and I'm the only one in my household doing it. (Lone wolf, baby! Woo!) I've kept my eyes on that team for sometime, and I have grown to see and appreciate how they've built on their strengths and actually fix their mistakes.

Not to shoot Denver down, though. They been building a great team for some time as well, and it shows. But I feel that Seattle have more to prove and are ready to do it. Also, I don't have much of a problem with Manning himself, but I don't really care for the media talking about him 24/7. So I don't want to hear that either.

I'm not an expert of American football and I'm not watching the game

But judging the 29-0 score I think the Seattle Seahawks are, as one would say, busting a cap into the Denver Bronco's asses

Thus I think the Seahawks will win the game this year

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know, guys, this is the best for me. Russell is fucking boss tonight :)I don't know, guys, this is the best for me. Russell is fucking boss tonight :)

Oh I'm rooting for the Seahawks this is just embarrassing for the broncos

• Thumbs Up 2

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Seahawks and their 12th man, baby!

I'll admit, I was expecting a game and... well, I was a witness to an ass whooping so big they should have call the president on their 1st and 10. But hey! Seattle came and obilerated!

Hindsight is 20/20.

And if I was expecting the Broncos to win, I would have been able to see through walls two weeks in advance.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl champions for the first time ever! biggrin.png

Can I just point how absolutely hilarious the official DiGiorno Pizza Twitter account is right now? Some of these tweets about the Super Bowl are too good.

laugh.png Super Bowl XLVIII in a nutshell. XD

Welp, that was a very one-sided Super Bowl.

The second Manny Ramirez botched the snap to start the game, the game was over. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy do I feel sorry for anybody who bet on Denver except for that boxer

Boy do I feel sorry for anybody who bet on Denver except for that boxer

Completely agree. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. blew away a chunk of money tonight.

Honestly, I would've considered the Broncos winning tonight a big upset, as Seattle's defense was relentlessness. Across the four major sports, defense almost always wins championships, and it showed tonight.

And Malcolm Smith, who scored the Pick Six to all but end the game, is the MVP! Surprised me, but I'm glad to see it. He earned it! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, my friend just lost a $1,000 bet against someone else.

Always thought he wasn't wise betting against the team arguably with the best defense in the league.

Oh well. XD

I won a whole bunch of TF2 items at the end of this Super Bowl due to a bet against my friends.  It was a very good day for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ESPN, a chart featuring the five youngest teams in Super Bowl history flashed on the screen via an average year-day per person. At 26-162, the 'Hawks are the fifth-youngest. The other teams, in order, are the '71 Steelers, '81 49ers, '71 Dolphins, and '85 Bears. Of the remaining four, only the Bears won one Super Bowl.

Analyst Chris Berman hinted that the 'Hawks could have a long run in them and might not have reached its peak yet. In fact, what if their defense gets better next season? blink.png

The best thing about tonight's game was the Doberhuahua commercial. It stopped being interesting the second quarter and just started being sad and truly embarrassing. I'm glad the Broncos at least got 8 points so it wasn't a total shut-out, because there's something physically cringe-worthy about playing that badly.

The highlight for me was when Seattle ran back a kickoff for a Touchdown. Manning's face just said "....wut", and Harry was dyyying. Oh, well congrats to Seattle, but damn.

Doberhuahua was definitely one of my favorites but I was also a fan of the TurboTax's commercial featuring "some guy named Sean."

I almost forgot about "Some Guy Named Sean;" that one was amazing. xD Those two and the Rudy parody were the only ones to get a real laugh out of me. The dude abandoning his child:

But the commercials seemed kind of blah this year too. Either they were just kind of quirky or full of "xtreem patriotism." Or they were confusing shots of slow-motion nothingness for the advertisement of 24. Seriously, that was kind of annoying. =/

I thought a couple of the finalist commercials Doritos produced for the Super Bowl were pretty funny (my favorite is the ostrich one below). I don't know if any of them aired on television though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugo7Y2lRsxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4qDap4L1Q