Awoo.

Sonic Transformed iOS CONFIRMED (For December)

DaN

What a pleasant surprise

Tim Spencer, aka SumoSpartan, posted something on his Facebook

So, SART for iOS got announced today!

"Transformed on iOS will feature a brand new World Tour mode designed for gaming on the go, and will include multiplayer both locally and online for up to 4 players. I tried out an early version of Transformed on the iPad and it seems right in line with 2011's iOS release in terms of handling and feel. A boost in visuals and a huge cast of Sega characters should make this latest iteration another great mobile kart racer, so be on the lookout for Transformed to hit the App Store this December."

Source

So, it appears that we're not over yet with this awesome racing game! what would u like to see?

are there any chances to see some exclusive characters like Ryo, Bayonetta and Hatsune Miku in this iteration at least?

By the way, keep up SUMO, I'm sure u'll make a great game, u guys will never disappoint me wink.png

EDIT

OFFICIAL PAGE with ALSO SONIC 2 remastered for iOS

screenshots inside

http://toucharcade.com/2013/10/21/sega-announce-winter-release-lineup-headlined-by-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-remastered/

Edited by DaN
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just a warning, but if you have an iPod Touch 4G or iPhone 4, it's probably not going to run very well if it does at all.

I found the fact sheet for the game on the Sega Press Vault.

It has a few very interesting notes....

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™

Platforms: iOS, Android

Release Date: December 2013

Publisher: SEGA

Developer: Sumo Digital

Genre: Racer

Players: 1 – 4

It’s Not Just Racing… it’s Racing Transformed!

Race as Sonic and a host of legendary All-Stars and prepare to transform! Speed across land, sea and air in a high velocity battle to the finish line, as your amazing transformable vehicle changes from car to boat to plane mid-race. Racing on mobile will never be the same again!

This sequel to the hit 2011 mobile game Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing™ brings all the critically acclaimed land, sea and air racing gameplay from its console counterpart to mobile with a host of new features and improvements:

Legendary Racers

Race as 10 legendary racers at launch each with their own unique transformable vehicle. Plus many more All-Stars coming soon!

Dynamic Tracks

Take to land, sea & air as you race through dynamically changing courses. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.

designed for mobile

A brand new World Tour designed for gaming on the go, plus all-new Daily and Weekly Challenges to test your racing prowess.

ultimate Mobile multiplayer

Take on your friends in ultracompetitive 4-player races, both online and locally. Plus challenge your friends’ best times to show them who’s best.

SOCIALLY CONNECTED

Comprehensive Facebook integration – see your friends’ profile pics on the track.

WHAT THE CRITICS SAID ABOUT THE CONSOLE VERSION

“The Savior of arcade racers” 9/10

Eurogamer

“Fun, challenging and easily enjoyable” 8.7/10

Gametrailers

“The metamorphosis of the kart racer” 8.6/10

IGN

“Fast, fun and easy to get into” 8.5/10

Gamespot

So Facebook connectivity = your friends faces on the tracks.

Daily & Weekly challenges...

Then theres this...

Race as 10 legendary racers at launch each with their own unique transformable vehicle. Plus many more All-Stars coming soon!

The console versions all start with 10 racers (excluding Alex Kidd & Metal Sonic), Every other character is included in the game and is unlocked via 'stars' exceptions are the PC exclusives.

So... what are these 'many more all-stars?' The PC ones? Well... I would agree with that but... can you play any of the games in which the PC characters represent on the iOS/android systems? Maybe football manager but.. can't think of any others?

If the PC characters end up on the mobile devices... why not the consoles too?

Unless they are planning some iOS characters? I dunno what they'd be, but it would make sense considering their approach of character choices

With ASR iOS, the game started with a very limited cast, and more were added through updates. On top of that, the criteria for unlocking characters was ridiculous, meaning you would spend absolutely ages just to get one. It was to encourage you to instead buy them via microtrasactions. I'd expect all the same to apply here if it's as successful as ASR was.

I'm hoping for two main things: 1) At least half of the extra characters released for PC, and 2) The capability to play it on one's HDTV via HDMI adapter!!!! That feature I haven't tried yet (lack of money for said adapter), so if anyone's tried it for the original ASR please let me know! 

Must.....play...as Blaze...........they must....Have....BLAZE!!!!!!!!! (fanboy rant, lol)

• 4 weeks later...

I would absolutely love to have some iOS characters to appear as iOS exclusives. Om Nom, anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/DexXdczuL4o

Android version out now, but no sign of the iOS version strangely enough. Mind you, the iTunes Store staff are in holiday, so it'll probably be on the 27th for us.

EDIT: Trailer was just removed, probably was a leak. Might not be out yet after all.

Another EDIT: it's not out on Google Play, it was obviously a leak then. Can't see it coming out before the iOS version though.

Eh? Apparently Sonic's All Star is Super Sonic again. Didn't they change that for Transformed?

Where did you see that? As far as I know, this is a port of the 3DS version. That, and the game isn't out, the Android trailer was taken down due to it being a leak.

Wait what? Where are people getting this information from?

e.g.

It's a port of the 3DS version?

Sonic's All Star is Super Sonic?

Or maybe it's a port of the Vita version? I completely forgot that version exists. The textures look very similar to the handheld versions, and the models look sort of similar to Vita. I'm just going by what they did with S&SASR where they ported the DS version.

Where did you see that? As far as I know, this is a port of the 3DS version. That, and the game isn't out, the Android trailer was taken down due to it being a leak.

Yeh yeh. I was getting false information. Proceed with your discussion of nothing everybody.

Or maybe it's a port of the Vita version? I completely forgot that version exists. The textures look very similar to the handheld versions, and the models look sort of similar to Vita. I'm just going by what they did with S&SASR where they ported the DS version.

It's neither, the game is it's own version, or at least that's the impression I get based on what S0L has said.

Coming straight from Sega's facebook, the iOS and Android versions of ASRT are out tomorrow.

1520658_10152156299461796_1010032242_n.j

I'm hoping that it'll run on my iPad Mini (the 2012 one). How much space do you guys think it will take up?