Awoo.

Sonic the hedgehog 4.com is down... ... ... WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? "Nothing, it's a glitch" --- Bmn

Badnik Mechanic

Ken Balough's last ditch effort for the series before he left. tongue.png

I know that when people leave a company they like to take something with them... Maybe Ken Balough wanted to take Sonic 4 with him?

• Thumbs Up 5

I know that when people leave a company they like to take something with them... Maybe Ken Balough wanted to take Sonic 4 with him?

Well he can have it.

• Thumbs Up 6

SEGA the day Ken Balough left. 

okayI'llgoawaynow 

Edited by Booker DeWitt
  • Thumbs Up 7

Just seems like a glitch.  I'd love Episode 3 but it'd be really odd to talk about it so soon after episode 2.  I'd rather get a big game first.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd honestly hope that this means that Sonic 4 is over and done with forever and that they're moving on.

From the TSS comments...

It works if you remove the ‘www.’ and also append ‘us’ (or ‘us/’, or ‘us/index.html’).

http://sonicthehedgehog4.com/us/index.html

(same thing applies to sonicthehedgehog5.com …. up to …. sonicthehedgehog10.com)

It’s also noteworthy that where it redirects to has always redirected to sonicthehedgehog4.com (sourced from archive.org), whereas with other games, where it redirects to shows actual content – and they all follow the same URL pattern to redirect to, so whoever, or whatever, made the change, probably did the standard thing to do without knowing that where it redirects to actually redirects back.

I’ll also add that if you run a whois on sonicthehedgehog4.com, the domain name has an expiry date of 21 Jan 2013 (and the sth5/6/7/8/9/10 domains have an expiry date of 25 Jan 2013).

Just checked it out, and yup it's still there... if anyone wants to copy anything from it, now might be a good idea in case it goes down for good at some point.

Ok wow... now this just sums up my thoughts on Sonic 4 nicely...

Go to the website and check out the Episode 1 side of it, now click on story... look at that long detailed story.

Now to go episode 2's side of it... click on story... look at those 5.... 6 lines?

I'd love Episode 3 but it'd be really odd to talk about it so soon after episode 2.  

Nearly a year after Episode 2's release is "so soon?"

Oh wait, I forgot this is SEGA we were talking about, and that they have no idea how episodic games are supposed to work. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh wait, I forgot this is SEGA we were talking about, and that they have no idea how episodic games are supposed to work. 

SEGA is not the only one that can't count to 3.

• Thumbs Up 4

SEGA is not the only one that can't count to 3.

Hey man, at least with Valve you know their games will be worth the weight.

gabenewell-header2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok wow... now this just sums up my thoughts on Sonic 4 nicely...

Go to the website and check out the Episode 1 side of it, now click on story... look at that long detailed story.

Now to go episode 2's side of it... click on story... look at those 5.... 6 lines?

Actually it's worse because the story featured in episode 1 side is the story from Sonic 1 to Sonic and Knuckles.

So those 5 or 6 lines are all there is on the site, in terms of the story from the whole saga...so...yeah. 

When Sonic 4 Episode I first came out, there was timed unlock stuff on the page. So I think the folks who assume it might be to prevent leaks are onto something - Generations' full list of stages was cracked just a day after the demo came out, and presumably the same could be done with a website with enough skill.

Overall strikes too much as a coincidence. Maybe they decided Sonic 4 is worth one more try? May as well make it a trilogy to honor the big three.

This is the message I got:

The page isn't redirecting properly

IceDragon has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
    cookies.

Looking at that TSS comment, it mentioned sonicthehedgehog4-10 redirect to that website.

Incidentally, sonicthehedgehog1 and 3 also do. 2.. goes to something completely different. Bizarre, but probably not important.

However, what I believe is most telling is that the Google directory and indeed SEGA's own sites link to the redirecting loop page, rather than the one which actually works. It was probably taken down intentionally or is in the middle of being worked on?

So.. if we wanna see if something's gonna go up (or go down), it may be worth keeping an eye on the page without the www. suffix.

I just want this series to end... if Sonic Team wants to do a game(not an Episode 3) that starts from where Episode 2's ending(???) left, I say go ahead, but bring on a different approach. This nostalgic kick of "trying to recreate a Genesis experience" is boring already, actually, it's even shameful, because that is the only thing the Sonic 4 saga didn't got right, except for being a 2D platformer, but if that's the case, I then can say Sonic Rush is a Genesis experience too, right? NO. Course not. If they wanted to recreate a Genesis experience, why the game didn't played more like Generations(I know it's not 1:1) from the start, huh? At least gameplay-wise, I can forgive the music and graphics, but gameplay, the rolling, the bouncing, the speed, the level design, this is what made the Genesis games fun. Sonic 4, ISN'T FUN. It really got in my nerves back in the day, when Ken Balough appeared at every interview saying "Hai guys, this time the game plays much more like the Genesis games, the rolling is better, more speed, blah blah" CHRIST. WHY IT WASN'T ALL BETTER FROM THE START? It seriously made me think "Hell, did Sonic Team forgot how to PHYSICS???" Will I have to wait 'till Episode 72 to finally have everything FIXED?

Fock...

Anyway, these are my thoughts on Sonic 4, I don't wanna hear anything more from this series.

Edited by Jango