Awoo.

Sonic Dash or Sonic Jump?

BlueMist

Which one is most entertaining to play? Sonic dash or Sonic jump? In my opinion i would have to say sonic jump as i have never played sonic dash although i will get it soon. According to my friends sonic dash is better but i can not make that choice yet. What is your opinion? Also it depends if you have android or ios so when you make your opinion see if you can add which version is better.

Edited by BlueMist

One is (relatively) substantial, replayable and fresh. The other is a cheap Temple Run copy.

Take your pick.

• Thumbs Up 9

That's quite a troublesome question..... Askin that question is like askin us to have both Android and iOS operatin systems, well I played Sonic Jump both mobile (Java) and Android version, this game as a cell phone game... Is... Awesome! I reached level 13 yet so I haven't unlocked any new characters, Tails needs level 14, Shadow is unplayable... I certainly hope he will be added in later updates, I mean come on, Silver is playable yet Shadow is not, pure madness!

Whatever, anyway, I can't say it's already better than Sonic Dash cuz I never played it.

I prefier dash, sonic jump felt so repetitive...

O.o

Bu... but in Dash whenever you die it suggests to replay the level again. The exact same level. Over and over.

At least Jump has some variety; different zones, Story vs Arcade mode.

Edited by MamboCat

For me, it is Sonic Jump, though I thought I would've preferred Sonic Dash because it is similar to Temple Run. :) 

O.o

Bu... but in Dash whenever you die it suggests to replay the level again. The exact same level. Over and over.

...It's not the exact same level. Not layout wise anyway.

I'd have to say I prefer Sonic Dash. I just feel it is more of a challenge and I want to try harder to beat my friends scores whereas Sonic Jump felt boring and repetitive to me. 

I like both, they are both addictive and fun to play and easy to pick up, jump is like doodle jump and dash is like temple run. Sure they are both knock offs with sonic stuck on them but they have at least added new gameplay elements to make it more "sonic". Although I feel they missed a trick with dash and could have made some sorta Unleashed daytime/Generations Modern iOS, the controls are there, boost, jump, stomp/slide, homing attack. Sure it probably woulda been on rails but would have been more fun than current (which I'm actually addicted to right now)

The thing I wish they did was change the background in sonic dash. Would it really be so hard to just stick a different polygon rather than Seaside Hill? And different enemies! I'm not asking for new programming, literally shove a different skin on. I'd love to be able to choose to play through Sky Sanctuary or Wing Fortress! Gimme more backgrounds!!

Actually I recall reading that SEGA had the idea for Sonic Jump before Doodle Jump was about.

Sonic Dash vs. Sonic Jump, hmmmm...

A strange game. 

The only winning move is

not to play.  

How about a nice game of League of Evil?  

Fair enough, the point I was making was more the backgrounds and Sonic iOS though.

Actually I recall reading that SEGA had the idea for Sonic Jump before Doodle Jump was about.

I haven't heard of that, but Sonic Jump was the first Jump game I've played, I didn't know it was out even before Doodle Jump, but I thought it could be true that many of the later Jump games were based on Sonic, like Nyan Cat Jump or the likes of it, but anyway, all these 'Jump' games were actually based on the very old Flash game, I don't recall its name, you have a startin bowl with an egg in it, and you should toss the egg upwards so it goes right in the next bowl, some bowls are movin fast so they are harder to score.

I love playing Sonic Dash! It's a really good game, with all the awesome things about Sonic and the great speedy fast-paced action all into one!

I also love Sonic Jump, with its awesome jumping action and great gameplay.  But Sonic Dash takes the cake for me!

But you know, that's my opinion.

Fair enough about jump.

The point I was focusing on was the different backgrounds/Sonic iOS

Dash has so far been more entertaining. Yes you have to restart if you die... but since I play casually that's not a problem. I'm not really interested in score, so the microtransactions are null. The real fun for me is seeing how long I can last without continues. Like playing a Sonic game with zero rings.

I can also be a bit of a graphics elitist. 3D over 2D any day!

Dash by a landslide. It's defiantly my favorite App of all time. 

I just read a few things about Sonic Dash, will it ever get release for Android? It sounds so awesome!

It's true that there's only one level based on Seaside Hill from Sonic Heroes, but there is a set of playable characters, and maybe Sonic Jump is better in the number of backgrounds, acts, enemies and hazards, but it seems like Sonic Dash is all about speed, which means it is an actual Sonic game, he keeps moving forward and you control his movements.

Sonic Jump is great when we know that it was a first of a kind, it was very independent, one of those games that were out just as a change, take Sonic Spinball or Mean Bean Machine as an example.

Since I haven't played Sonic Dash yet I won't be able to decide. So, until then.

I just read a few things about Sonic Dash, will it ever get release for Android? It sounds so awesome!

Presumably it will eventually make its way to Android like Jump did, but it'll probably be a while. Be patient though, it'll be worth the 2 dollars (assuming the price stays the same) if you're not interested in a high score.

They'll also add new stages/characters over time in all likelihood, so chances are an Android release will have more going for it than the folks who got it early on, who have to wait for all the stages. :P

Yup, I knew it was going to.

I remember reading that having one level is something like a trial, so if they add a couple more stages, I'll say it already, Sonic Dash will be about ten times better than Sonic Jump, I still love Sonic Jump thought.

so chances are an Android release will have more going for it than the folks who got it early on, who have to wait for all the stages. tongue.png

Android rocks doesn't it.

Sonic Jump is good for gameplay and fun factor. Sonic Dash is good for anyone who is up for a challenge.

For me, I prefer Sonic Jump, Dash is good but not good enough to take the crown of Sonic Jump.

O.o

yeah i have now played dash and to be honest jump is still better as like you said it has story and arcade and in arcade the level platforms change slightly

Also sonic dash is a game that constantly lags.