Awoo.

Interesting Experience in SSMB - Potential Creepypasta Redirect

Tara

Oh CRAP, no no, there's no virus going around. I was being dumb and posted that thing in my status, it's scary but won't bust up your PC. My sincerest apologies, I didn't mean to cause any havoc or ill will. 

Some things may seem funny and light-hearted at first, but this is one of the reasons why I always say to think through the contribution once or twice before posting. Keep in mind that the statuses are a means to relax and have fun. If this is the sort of screamer I experienced once, I imagine many users to potentially be scarred from using the status section for a long time, if not the computer, and a few may even have certain heart conditions that would be a tiny tad incompatible with the content. To all members, just make sure that the content you submit is not inappropriate or otherwise violating to the SSMB rules or Status Updates rules, thanks. ^^

• Thumbs Up 5

Some things may seem funny and light-hearted at first, but this is one of the reasons why I always say to think through the contribution once or twice before posting. Keep in mind that the statuses are a means to relax and have fun. If this is the sort of screamer I experienced once, I imagine many users to potentially be scarred from using the status section for a long time, if not the computer, and a few may even have certain heart conditions that would be a tiny tad incompatible with the content. To all members, just make sure that the content you submit is not inappropriate or otherwise violating to the SSMB rules or Status Updates rules, thanks. ^^

Yea I'm picking up what you're throwin' down, I won't be posting it again on here. (Sorry again folks) ._.;

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wanted to put my final, closing statement:

My virus check showed no signs of malicious software so while I do not know how I ended up clicking on it, it must have been something I did, rather voluntarily or not.  So if anyone is still worried about that, then please don't be.  As long as nobody posts another one, you should be fairly safe from screamers as well as any viruses or trojans or any other related computer issues.  In short, if anyone is still paranoid, then you may put your tensions to rest.

Secondly, although I'm sure that nothing I posted last night is in direct violation of the rules of this site (or rather, nothing that this community hasn't seen a million times), but I want to apologize for being rather uncharacteristically blunt or if it rubbed anyone the wrong way.  (Although again, I'm pretty sure it didn't since... you know... SSMB)  I was just really shaken up last night after the whole fiasco.

And finally, I just want to say that I don't hold any hostility towards JXJ or anything.  We all make bad choices from time to time, do we not?  So if anyone is harboring some sort of inconsolable hatred towards him, then... well, please do not.

So yeah, sorry for the scare.  Please feel free to continue tearing each other's heads off over your preference in Zelda titles.

Edited by Akito
  • Thumbs Up 1

Creepypasta? Screamers??

I do not know these internet terms. They don't sound pleasant, I don't think I should Google them just to be on the safe side.

My internet computer is in the main living room, so I always have the sound muted anyway. Unless there's a video or song I want to listen to, then I put the headphones on.

Creepypasta? Screamers??

Creepypastas are long and insanely crazy stories that are mostly fake but realistic. They are mostly stories about ghosts, possessions and other paranormal events that some read for enjoyment, and if you have a livid imagination it can cause a bit of a spook when you're done reading. And by long, I mean VERY long. They're called Creepypastas because they're often heavenly pasted in other places to spread the tale. Creepy+Paste.

Screamers are the worst creation made by the Human kind. They're videos or gifs/swf files in YouTube or other places that makes gullible people get close to the screen (be it to watch a dot or spot a difference) while raising their sound volume. When a few seconds pass, the screen suddenly changes to a really disturbing and scary picture closeup followed with a loud and ear-killing scream or loud noise.

So yes, be sure to check which videos you watch because you might be given quite a shock. D:

• Thumbs Up 5