Awoo.

Livestream with Sonic Team

Blue Wisp

The blog confirms they're not going to talk any new Sonic projects yet, so there's very little point in watching the stream unless you understand Japanese. Especially since they're calling Hedgehog Day a red herring. There won't be any news on there.

Nothing to see here, move along...

If I may quote the news article:

"Sonic fans will recall that February 2nd is of course what SEGA calls

Hedgehog Day’, a day the company usually likes to tease fans about

upcoming Sonic games. However, one of our sources states that the game

won’t be announced until mid-February, while another just says we “will

hear about it from official sources next month”. It’s likely SEGA could

tease a reveal on Hedgehog Day and make a proper announcement later in

the month."

So, I'm expecting an announcement mid-feb, and I won't write it off till the month's over.

And the livestream could be interesting. Maybe they'll do more?

Edited by Paradise

Well, the blog's definitely hinting at something, although the announcement isn't today. Another bolded letter scrambled word contest

It's a red herring. We discovered that an hour ago. 
Oh, wait... ...yep, I can see it now. I apologize, I woke up 5 minutes ago and I'm not exactly all "here" yet.

Wow this is almost impossible to watch. "A premium subscriber has arrived, please give up your seating"? followed by being kicked onto a buy a premium membership page. A livestream with limited seating? What?

EDIT: seems to be ok now. Nothing's really going on right now.

Don't mind me just taking the piss.

6kDLr88.jpg

Edited by theGagaman
  • Thumbs Up 2

Has anybody heard anything about Sonic? Or does the Sonic stuff happen at 12:00 EST?

Is there an option to turn the live comments off? I can see this is going to get annoying really fast.

You probably figured it out already, but there is a button next to the volume one to do this.

wynihWn.png

Also (as one of the few who care about it), this PSO2 section of the stream has been quite the disappointment.

CHARACTORO POROTRAITO!

Edited by gato

I give up.

I can only watch about 10 seconds before I'm booted for not being a premium member.

Which is all sorts of bollocks. Yeah if theres limited seating then why can I get back in when I press refresh?

You probably figured it out already, but there is a button next to the volume one to do this.

wynihWn.png

Also (as one of the few who care about it), this PSO2 section of the stream has been quite the disappointment.

CHARACTORO POROTRAITO!

Thanks even though I can't watch it anyway. It won't let me sign in. :P I'll just sit here until something interesting happens.

I give up.

I can only watch about 10 seconds before I'm booted for not being a premium member.

Which is all sorts of bollocks. Yeah if theres limited seating then why can I get back in when I press refresh?

I couldn't even register.

I'm having little trouble seeing it - right now they're showing off Puyo fanart. A fair bit of Sonic - Puyo crossovers.

And Cheese is watching you...

2lnvh38.jpg

I haven't had any problems with premium membership business or anything. Only reason I'm not at the stream right now is because the Sonic part hasn't started yet.

Gosh.

In Japan, SEGA practically a different entity altogether. Sonic's not that big in Japan really, so it would be really odd if they were to show off something new here without prior teasing in Europe and America that something was going to happen.

w6xx4.jpg

1zwig.jpg

2uj75vp.jpg

x584np.jpg

1ow46e.jpg14afs6b.jpg

That's a lot of games there, Sonic Team.

Edited by Indigo Rush

No idea

2cp85m8.jpg

But someone has arrived!

EDIT

f0b6fa.jpg

Edited by Indigo Rush

Isn't Rusty Hearts a western game published by a different company though?

Yes I think it's from Perfect World, at least it's distributed by them here.

If Sonic Team isn't quite ready to talk about a new game yet, I doubt that's suddenly going to change in two weeks. But I suppose anything is possible.