Awoo.

Nurse treating The Duchess Of Cambridge has committed suicide.

Stacy

Well now things have certainly taken an interesting twist.

You know how earlier I said that the radio station and the DJ's were doing damage limitation on this? By shutting down their twitter/facebook accounts?

Well... this has backfired... and it's backfired bigtime.

This is the radio station 2Day FM's official website.Now if you scroll down, you can find links to their official twitter and facebook pages... only theres a problem. The facebook page doesn't work you just end up on your own homepage.

So what do you naturally do? You search in the facebook search 2Day FM right? Well... you then get a number of results... including a 2Day FM facebook page that was made months ago, has rather normal comments and posts for what you would expect for a radio show... just one problem... It's a fake facebook account!

At least I sincerley hope it is... the account is now flooded with comments from '2Day FM' more or less saying 'we won't ever shut down' 'the woman was an idiot' etc etc.

The problem is, because they tried to cut down on all the negative press by shutting their facebook page down, they've now got more terrible press because a fake account is deliberately antagonising everybody thats trying to find the real account! Even I thought it was the genuine thing, it's due to how old the account is and how for months it's had 'normal' tweets and when it all kicked off it even had the official statement regarding what happened.

While the prank was rather stupid, obviously, the suicide was a consequence nobody could've seen coming, and considering the two DJs in question are now undergoing some intense counselling over the whole affair (it's also said that what happened certainly rocked their mental health, so they're obviously pretty guilty about the whole mess), I think heaping more hate onto them is severely uncalled for at this stage. It was meant to be a harmless (if stupid) prank that went seriously arwy in the aftermath, there's no reason to be hurling more vitriol at this stage.

Wait? What?

Are you saying anyone with clinical depression, bi-polar disorder or any other mental illness is not sane? Do you even know what a normal person is? Who the hell decided what a normal person is??

Who am I kidding, I don't care. The point is, in the scientific world, there is no such thing as insanity. No medical condition that has that label. It's similar to psychosis, which the lacking in intelligence would've said "psycho" when referring to somebody not acting "normal." When Psychosis is a condition that involves delusions or hallucination.

Your right. there is no such thing as "normal" but there is a status quo, a baseline we all agree and live by a common set of standards we can all count on when it comes to us as human beings. Jarring from that quo is considered "abnormal", and completely going off the wall from that quo is considered "insane". Simple fact is that if you derive of the status quo from one reason or another, your not considered "normal".

Sometimes moving away from the "normal" society has given us can be a good thing, it can make you 1 of a kind and stand out maybe even making a new normal. but sometimes its not, sad thing is that the people with those mental conditions you described just want to fit into that normal but most of the time can never fully because of their own mind, always standing out when they try soo hard to fit in.

And yes, I probably would sound like I'm out for blood, considering I've had to put up with my own being laughed at shit for 20 fucking years!!

But that's not your fault. tongue.png

You shouldn't be out for blood soo easily based on a personal experience it doesn't make you look any good. I was ready to go off on you for that little comment above because it does connect to me personally but I didn't.

Take a minute to think about your response if its personal and think about all sides of an argument.

Edited by goku262002