Awoo.

Where would you put weak spots on Eggman machines (give examples)

Yoko/葉子

Very rarely when Eggman's cockpit is on the machine is the cockpit not the weak spot, if you were to alter a robot or make your own that he could pilot with it exposed, where would you put it?

Personally, I would put a shield over it and make cables on the back (if it had wings) be the weak spot if it was a plummeting scenario.

I wouldn't.

Thus I'd make a really shitty video game boss tongue.png

In terms of more serious answer, it depends how the boss works. Depends if you hit it until you win, or whether it doesn't have a conventional weakness and must be hit with one of it's own objects (pretty common in Sonic games actually).

Edited by Semi-colon e

If it's a land vehicle, I'd go for knocking off the wheels, then going in for the cockpit when it's tumbling about the floor. Arial vehicles with things like propellers or turbines would be interesting too, in say a Sky Chase style level, in 3D, you'd destroy the turbines or propellers, then jump of the Tornado and use the sky diving element to smash the cockpit. Things like that would be interesting.

Edited by Debug Ring

The PINGAS.

They sort of did that already in Generation's Egg Dragoon fight.

Silly Eggman putting a cockpit in a convenient place.

This is like asking: if you were to cut off your arm, where would you start the cut?

First of all, why would you cut off your arm? D:

Second of all, it would be at the radius/humerus area. Thin bones ensure a quicker procedure.

Ultimately, I'd put the weak spot under the console where I'm piloting it. What the Sonic cast doesn't know would surely kill them.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't they already do that? They did it 4 Ep 2, and it's obvious where the weak point is. Making it flash or something will make us feel stupid about it, as if to say "WE KNOW, DAMN IT!" >_>

The weakness should be the section that requires the least protection when something is built, which is normally at the base, or the rear. In terms of the Death Egg Robot, I would be thinking the 'Coccyx' area.

Edited by NightwingFox

Easy, I wouldn't put a weak point on there. Have the bosses have NO weak points, you would have to come up with a way to actually FIGHT the thing. Weak points I feel are dumb I feel, it's like " I'm gonna make a boss that kills you, BUT hit this glowing belly and you'll have a chance." NO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Easy, I wouldn't put a weak point on there. Have the bosses have NO weak points, you would have to come up with a way to actually FIGHT the thing.
Which is, most likely, figuring out the weak point and how to hit it.

Everywhere on the machine, you won't be able to hit it until at the right moment when the machine is in attack mode, and you can find your way to attack the machine while not getting hit.

I kinda like the idea that his top exposed part is just the weakness, or if he has glass over it, the glass there. Make a few bosses where that's kinda the agreed on weakpoint so it's straight-to-the-point to understand, but then make it so he wises up near the end where he's completely sealed off, leaving you clueless for a bit, then give me something sorta unique for a twist. IDK, like maybe cameras around the stage that you gotta bust so until he's blind and forced to open up/you have to trip the machine/whatever.

I just wouldn't want a bunch of overly complex thought processes all the time, just maybe the final boss. Like my levels, I don't like my bosses tedious or something I'd have to think about too long, just go-go-go for Sonic plz

Maybe have a phoenix robot and while the cockpit is in the head, you have to chip armor of the chest until the energy core is exposed inside.

Which is, most likely, figuring out the weak point and how to hit it.

>_> You missed my point.... What's wrong with breaking a pattern instead of " 8D Lets hit the GLOWING THINGIE 8D "? I don't NEED an arrow, the random characters, the GAME, and a bright red spot to tell me WHERE to hit the thing. And it's still dumb imo seeing as it's like he makes them with these WEAK spots in mind. WHO DOES THAT????

>_> You missed my point.... What's wrong with breaking a pattern instead of " 8D Lets hit the GLOWING THINGIE 8D "? I don't NEED an arrow, the random characters, the GAME, and a bright red spot to tell me WHERE to hit the thing. And it's still dumb imo seeing as it's like he makes them with these WEAK spots in mind. WHO DOES THAT????

It'd be a pretty shitty boss if there was no weak point to beat it.

Well what about this, not so much a weak spot.. cause that stills looks stupid to me. How about you could only hit a boss after he does an action that makes him dazed for a few seconds? That way it gives you that extra skill to not die before you get a chance? I like that better than 100 arrows point to a huge big spot like we're dummies telling us where to hit.

Well what about this, not so much a weak spot.. cause that stills looks stupid to me. How about you could only hit a boss after he does an action that makes him dazed for a few seconds? That way it gives you that extra skill to not die before you get a chance? I like that better than 100 arrows point to a huge big spot like we're dummies telling us where to hit.
Because having the boss sway back and forth as little cartoon birdies circle his head is totally different from a big red flashing weakpoint.

And where exactly would you attack the boss? Assuming it's bigger than the player character (which most Eggman robot bosses are), you probably can't just attack wherever, right? There's probably some specific point where you have to attack it, right? Some point that is weaker than the rest?

• Thumbs Up 1

The classic tradition of being able to hit the boss anywhere that doesn't have a weapon on it seems pretty sensible. Those bosses didn't have weak points, they had strong points.

But at the same time, it might be a good idea to make the weapon itself the weak point, as it's probably pretty fragile due to being the most complex part of the machine. Hmm, now that I think about it, didn't the second boss of Sonic Advance 2 do this? And kind of the Mushroom Hill Zone boss, too, in that the first thing you do is destroy the satellite dish on top of it in a single hit. (What the heck was that thing for, anyway?)