Awoo.

What if Silver became outright Evil?

Multikaris

Second, if for some idiotic reason Silver did become evil, well he'd be an even bigger joke than he his now. He's already a joke for sure but if we were really meant to take him as a legitimate threat? No.
Well, if they did it being aware that no one would take him seriously...it'd probably be an improvement.

Silver was never evil in the first place, he had good intentions but was misguided, he's naive but not evil, he'd be out of character if he was like that.

Silver is the kind of person who will do anything to accomplish his goal, while its just in his greatest intentions that would not be enough to make him outright evil, just someone who tries to hard to complete his goal and that unfortunately can lead to you doing the wrong thing even though that's what you think you have to do for(in silver's case) a better future.

Now if he did become outright evil it would just be stupid and unless there was some legitimate reason for this, it wouldn't work and just go against the type of person he is.

Second, if for some idiotic reason Silver did become evil, well he'd be an even bigger joke than he his now. He's already a joke for sure but if we were really meant to take him as a legitimate threat? No.

I can totally picture Silver as a South Park Butters-style Professor Chaos villain. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sorry, but... ugh... these topics.

If Silver became "outright evil", it would be downright stupid. Just because the series needs more villains doesn't mean you should take an existing character and make him completely out of character. I'm gonna echo what other members said and say that I don't really care for the character much either, but making him evil wouldn't make much sense.

Took the words from my mouth.

That pretty much depends on how evil he becomes, or the atmosphere of his intentions. If he were to become a silly evil like Eggman, I just don't think it would fit him, he's too serious for that... or if serious isn't the word, he's just not as goofy as him. But if he were to take after Shadow's SA2 attitude, I could see it happening. He'd just have to be more talkative which I would be totally fine with.

However, Silver just doesn't fit the description of a villain, he's too light hearted. If something were to happen, like Blaze dies and he turns into the new Gerald or something, maybe, but that would only be fit for a 1 time thing.

If Silver turned evil, he would abuse Blaze and she would terminate their relationship, as she was more interested in miru all along.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't care enough about SIlver (not enough meaning none at all) to care if Sega gave him clown shoes and put him on a pogo stick. In all honesty, I wish he'd go the way of Bean and Bark.

I kinda liked Bean the Dyamite, though. He wouldn't work in today's Sonic scene, but still...

And even then she shoudn't be. We have too many good guys and not enough neutral or even villains in the series. That shit needs to change.

Silver works as a good guy more than anything else, not purely for being kind of dumb and easily led, but also for being kind of dorky and adorable. The idea with Silver seemed to me to be the classic "am I doing the right thing" only they didn't have enough of that in 06 and too much "IBLIS TRIGGER MUST DIE". He's too naively optimistic to be decent villain material to me.

Really, adorable?

Not literally adorable as in sweet or cute looking or anything like that, but more dorky and awkward, if you get my drift. The sort of "Oh Silver, it's such cute how retarded you are".

• Thumbs Up 4

The only way I could see Silver as a flat out villain character in a game, would be if Sonic Team were to go deeper into the altering future thing, where because of Silver's tomfoolery in the past he ends up altering the future as well as himself, ergo altering his personality (though keeping a few recognizable character traits here or there) and possibly even his appearance and abilities each game. So maybe one game Silver could be a lackey for Eggman Nega (if they're still going with him being from the future) sent from the future to insure that Eggman concurs all and in the next game he could be a cowardly little boy who ends up stumbling on a portal to the past.

Not literally adorable as in sweet or cute looking or anything like that, but more dorky and awkward, if you get my drift. The sort of "Oh Silver, it's such cute how retarded you are".

I don't find that cute at all.

I find Knuckles inherent lack of social skills and fear of girls adorable. Just not when it's exaggerated to the point where that's all there is to the character.

Don't go dictating what other people can and can't think is cute. :<

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 4

That would be "Adorkable".

• Thumbs Up 2

That would be "Adorkable".

Thank you, forgot what the TVtropes lingo was tongue.png

Also Silver's part in the Sonic Characters page of this site even lists Adorkable!

Edited by Semi-colon e

I got what you were saying, but I just don't think SEGA has pulled it off with him. He only comes off as annoying and unlikeable in the games ( The comics come closer, but I would say it's more endearing or even pityful [Not in a negative way] than anything else). So I guess it's possible..