Awoo.

Would you miss the Boost?

PerfectChaos

A lot of us agree that Boost causes many problems in terms of level design, difficulty, and the insane, unappreciated amount of effort required by Sonic Team to make levels last longer than half a minute. The size of every Sonic level is ridiculous, because a level that would take Mario a good few minutes would take the Blue Blur a few seconds.

I don't hate Boost, and I don't mind it staying, (provided the gameplay is tweaked to perfection) but I'm one of the people who feel the series may have been better off without it, with level design at least. But if Boost was actually scrapped, be honest, would you miss it? I know I would.

I'm kinda neutral too it. I like the speed it brings, but as long as the speed stayed in some form (through skill and momentum.....?).....I wouldn't really miss the boost.

Pffff

hahahaha

e: seriously I would throw a fucking party if they ditched the boost

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 8

Not that much to be honest.While i found it fun at times I'd be fine with them scrapping it and trying to find some new way to implement the speed concept. Like a accelerate button of sorts that doesn't launch you into light speed without even moving.

Edited by Sora

I'm pretty much neutral towards the boost, so I wouldn't really care if it was gone, as long the games continue to be fun. On the otherhand, I also don't mind if the boost stays in the games.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Boost... meh. I would like to have the Spin Dash back in Modern!Sonic's moveset, please.

• Thumbs Up 5

Nah, not really. I'd like to see speed as a reward for going through a level smoothly and using the environment to your advantage. I'm sure they could think of more creative ways to get Sonic going blazing fast other than "press X to make Sonic go blazing fast."

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, meh. I kind of like the extended moveset such as the wall jump, drift, and stomp more than the boost. Spin Dash but with everything else would be something I'd actually really like I reckon. Maybe scrap the light speed dash too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I absolutely despise the boost. I cannot believe they replaced the spindash with that trash. Sonic used to be about using speed to take advantage of the phyics. Solid momentum and what not. All the boost has done is ruin this, to make Sonic about nothing but speed.

• Thumbs Up 3

The return of the Spindash and the ability to roll with the same button if pressed while moving is what I really do want to see, but we'd need a proper physics engine, with great care put into it. Screw the Hedgehog Engine, why can't they invest time and money into a gameplay engine? Anyway, I think one reason Boost hasn't been removed is because of the potential negative critic reaction. I can just picture IGN saying some crap about it and using it as an excuse to slap a 6 on the game.

If they could honestly find a way to Re-design the boost and create a move that doesn't sacrifice much just for the speed, I wouldn't complain. Sadly I see no way that will happen.

I can just picture IGN saying some crap about it and using it as an excuse to slap a 6 on the game.

No they wouldn't. What on earth would lead you to that conclusion?

I really wouldn't care.

Though I would like to see the boost be downgraded to a powerup, similar to the speed shoes or invincibility.

• Thumbs Up 3

No...I don't think I would. I mean, I always thought that it was a lame idea to give Sonic istant speed whenever the player wanted. I may sound like a nerd saying this but...it takes no skill whatsoever.

I love Sonic Unleashed so I love the boost. But then I also love Sonic 2 8-bit and Sonic Adventure 2! I don't miss the boost when I go back to these games so I don't think I'd miss it in a new game if they ditched it.

To be honest I would miss the boost. It somehow gives me a feel of thrill and excitement rolling around at the speed of sound got places to go gotta follow my rainbow so I have to say that yes, personally I'd miss the boost.

• Thumbs Up 4

To be honest I would miss the boost. It somehow gives me a feel of thrill and excitement rolling around at the speed of sound got places to go gotta follow my rainbow so I have to say that yes, personally I'd miss the boost.

You don't need the boost for that.

I love the boost and I'd definetly miss it.

Sonic is the fastest thing alive, of course he's based on speed.

But if they ever replace it with the Spindash, it fucking better be Sonic Adventure's.

You don't need the boost for that.

Actually, in 3D? Yes, you do. The Spindash needs charge up time and goes slower then the boost overall.

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • Thumbs Up 3

It would either forcefully promote "better"/more involved level design, or give way to even worse design choices. Really it's honestly a mixed bag for me. I don't mind the boost but I'd like to see less dependency on its usage in future Sonic titles.

Anyway, I think one reason Boost hasn't been removed is because of the potential negative critic reaction.

What critic reaction? I'm sure they would score it the same way they always do. Sure there might be some strikes for mechanics but I'm pretty sure they won't say, "What? No Boost! F-".

Oh and by the way.....

POST #300!!

cooltext34360040.gif

Simpsons_300.gif

Ok. Got that out of my system...

• Thumbs Up 2