Awoo.

Come to SUMO and help us to improve the game!

S0L

I don't know if you can say since your main focus is this project... but... is this just something for ASRT? Or do you do this for other games? Only, I don't know about anyone else, I know I'd really like to do this one day regardless as to what the game is.

North England huh? Guess I'm SOL.

No, S0L's the OP.

:U

I live in the States, so I can't participate. Have fun, guys. :)

Well damn and blast.

3 hours and 19 minutes from St. Pancras to Sheffield. I have a student rail-card and all, but......*sigh*

I could do this, just debating whether or not it would be conveniant. I'd have to be at St. Pancras by 0730 and I'd be back around 2130.

How long do we have before applications close?

Serious considerations must be made before I can do this.

Edited by Scar

This sounds fantastic! I've been wanting to do something like this for AGES!

...And hey, me and a few friends had even planned to visit Sumo HQ just to say thanks for making the first ASR, so this would be just the thing!

Consider me applied! *goes to log in to e-mail*

I don't if you can say since your main focus is this project... but... is this just something for ASRT? Or do you do this for other games? Only, I don't know about anyone else, I know I'd really like to do this one day regardless as to what the game is.

Generally the publisher sometimes will do some focus testing, but it's very, very rare that a developer will invite people in. We're trying this as an experiment, we think it will really help us shape the game for a wide audience. Plus we accept that last time things maybe could have been balanced more and this is also a much more complicated game!

I don't want to use the phrase 'once in a lifetime' but this is something that you'll see very rarely ;)

Well damn and blast.

3 hours and 19 minutes from St. Pancras to Sheffield. I have a student rail-card and all, but......*sigh*

I could do this, just debating whether or not it would be conveniant. I'd have to be at St. Pancras by 0730 and I'd be back around 2130.

How long do we have before applications close?

Serious considerations must be made before I can do this.

We need applications next week for 2nd July, later if you're Interested in the later slot. Check the trains again, it's about 2h30m if you get the right one, I've been down to SOE enough to know ;)

---

S0L

---

Edited by S0L

Man alive, I'm only two hours drive away xD And free through both those months... Only problems would be getting accommodation, if I could get that sorted(or otherwise find cheaper travel), I would be applying in an instant...

I'd have to say that unless my current circumstances change, I'm going to have to pass, which is a huge shame as this is the kind of thing I've been looking at doing... Especially with my current course just coming to an end xD

I'll have to keep doing some research, see what I can do...

We need applications next week for 2nd July, later if you're Interested in the later slot. Check the trains again, it's about 2h30m if you get the right one, I've been down to SOE enough to no wink.png

---

S0L

---

Thanks,

Yeah, that does make things a little easier. I'll have to fish around for the best railway service to use.

Then I have to ask my parents if they're cool with it.

Owww....you guys are so lucky! =P

If I had money, I would take a trip to europe just to play this game with the Team Sumo!

Hah maybe should apply, havent been since my last interview with sumo tongue.png

The company i wanted to join to do art/qa and now i have a job to go 2 on those dates! :(

Edited by Exo_Chaoslava

I live in Southeast England and am working on those dates so...a shame. What a fantastic idea though.

If only fans could get a chance to test S4 E3 if it is made someday. Now there's an idea.

What an awesome idea! I was thinking I could go considering I have plenty of vacation time from my job...then I saw the North of England part. The accomodation part would not work out for me. Oh well. sad.png

*Extra Mega hype*

*reads part about having to be in the North of England*

*Walks away sadly*

Awww. I thought about you as I read this, with your interest in wanting to be a video game designer and all if I remember correctly. Hopefully a similar opportunity will open up for you in the near future here in the States that you will be able to take advantage of!

As for our friends in England that actually can be a part of this volunteer expedition I hope you have a great time if you do join! smile.png

What an opportunity that is. I mean that's so awesome! Maybe i found my Summer vacation. XD

If by any chance i found some money to take a trip to North England i'd do it! I'd really do it even if there won't be an extension. Just for that 1 amazing week.

This is like a dream coming true. :D

That's one hell of an opportunity! I live near London so I'm in a similar situation to Scar in that it would take me just over 2 and half hours. I'm not sure if I can afford it though, even with a student railcard. Hmmm. I'll have to go work out what the cheapest option is.

Edited by Lungo

Wow, now that is one hell of an opportunity! It's rare to see game industries really connect with people like this.

I would sign up in a heartbeat, but Game Design is not something I would personally do in the future...

Huh, I live in Stoke, so it's only take one and a half hours even by car and train. Although, seeing as I have other commitments and don't have interest in the gaming industry, I'll decline the opportunity.

...Oh no, nobody's going to be latching onto me and BinaryRaptor for accomodation! >:/

Wait, so first NA fans are S.O.L. for the special edition of Sonic Generations last year, and now we get the salt rubbed in the wound for not being able to come to SUMO in Europe and help improve All-Star's Racing this year?!

Oh for fucks sake, this is just a bad time for us NA fans, isn't it?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Man so jelly right now! I would so take the opportunity if I could. It is a very sad time for NA fans yes indeedy. D:

Have a great time to everyone who can! Make that game epic or us Americans will have to take over for the next game. xp

"Only available for the North of England"

*Lives in the South of England*

So close yet so far....

i love designing levels and this would be a perfect opportunity for me, but i live all away in Canada,

• 2 weeks later...

I think in fairness he's just bemoaning the fact that he can't get to do it himself, not a serious gripe against those who can!

This is still ongoing and the first lot have already been in-house for a while now. We're getting some very interesting data and great feedback.

I think in fairness he's just bemoaning the fact that he can't get to do it himself, not a serious gripe against those who can!

This is still ongoing and the first lot have already been in-house for a while now. We're getting some very interesting data and great feedback.

Would you mind telling us what kind, or is that TMI?

Well,

A: it's giving us data on where people are getting lost (on the more open sections) so we can improve track legibility in targetted areas.

B: It's telling us which tracks are favourite, allowing us to hit the fun button on the less popular...

C: We're able to see the results and identify which tracks are splitting the pack up, so we can fix it...

So many things it's too hard to think. This is different to the usual test department results which normally find bugs... This is invaluable info on how much the levels are being enjoyed by people not familiar with them... How peolpe react the first time they see a level...

That kinda stuff when we still have enough time to do something about it is great! Just so useful.

Hope that sort of answers. I can't really be more specific, it just that the general level of usefulness of this is pretty high! Nay, VERY high!

• Thumbs Up 9

I love how you guys take this so very serious. It takes alot of passion in wanting to put so much effort voluntarily

Edited by Djawed