Awoo.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed...!

S0L

Let me just jump on the bandwagon here:

DOWN WITH TSSZ OMG THEY SUXORZ

*watches rep count skyrocket*

In any case, ASR Transformed looks like it'll be great; it's the missing chunk of fun and innovation that the original, I felt, was so bereft of, and it appears as though some of the first game's handling problems (and again, this is purely subjective to my experience) have been doubly remedied. Combine that with a PC release and you have a fantastic arcade-esque kart-racer that I'll be buying as soon as the release date rolls around.

S0L, you have my attention (and probably my money). Make this one great! ;)

Everything looks so amazing compared to the previous game, I'm a little bit excited! I hope that Ulala's in this, but it probably won't stop me from buying this game, although I will be a bit upset.

You guys are doing great so far, keep it up!

The final unlock better be good. I couldn't give less of a fuck about Segata whoever, and "Saturn Graphics Mode" would suck.

I think something I'd enjoy would be Footrace Mode, where everyone runs along the ground and uses different devices/techniques to get across other terrain.

60's trousers and mustache mode, please.

Denying the true Japanese man who was able to throw a man who exploded on impact, skate on ice with his bare feet, fought zombies, flirted with Sakura Shinguji, and died for us gamers of Sega.

You must play the Sega Saturn! Segata SHIRO!

Segata_04.jpg

If Segata is the final unlockable, I would be pleased. When DLC comes along, I would be happy to see Sakura Shinguji and her Koubu which is powered by steam. Sumo & Sega will have all of my money.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not really TSSZ here though, it's more Nintendolife. I thought we were friends smile.png

---

S0L

---

There is a lot of reasoning behind the hatred of TSSZ. I don't want to go into an entire debate, but their entire site is devoted in a similar way like a Tabloid. There have also been many "confirmed" rumors including ones dealing with All Stars Racing. They didn't even mark the article a rumor, because it was a "good" source or something.

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/30/source-reveals-additional-asr-transformed-details/

This spread out onto the SEGA Forum, and I'm sure it will probably be a pain for people that saw the article and find out that he was deconfirmed. Well, actually this did happen several months ago and as Sonic Sez, it's no good!

IIRC, didn't they also "leak" out the Sonic Generations DLC? You know, a bunch of bullcrap that has been said by SEGA not to be true? The site just seems to grab onto page hits instead of actual content.

And finally, the ASR article seemed a bit harsh. Especially for TSSZ, where I'm sure they browse these forums all the time and know that it has already been fixed.

/rant

the majority of hate from here comes from the drama TSSZ caused over on the TSS by attacking our news staffers, but that was a while ago, they're now just grasping at straws for news, or directly taking TSS's news or completely making up their own news without any proof or back up to support their claims, i don't blame SEGA for black listing them.

• Thumbs Up 1

As other said, TSSZ isn't exactly the best Sonic fansite out there. :P

the majority of hate from here comes from the drama TSSZ caused over on the TSS by attacking our news staffers, but that was a while ago, they're now just grasping at straws for news, or directly taking TSS's news or completely making up their own news without any proof or back up to support their claims, i don't blame SEGA for black listing them.

Ha-haw wait, SEGA blacklisted TSSZ?

There is a lot of reasoning behind the hatred of TSSZ. I don't want to go into an entire debate, but their entire site is devoted in a similar way like a Tabloid. There have also been many "confirmed" rumors including ones dealing with All Stars Racing. They didn't even mark the article a rumor, because it was a "good" source or something.

http://www.tssznews....formed-details/

This spread out onto the SEGA Forum, and I'm sure it will probably be a pain for people that saw the article and find out that he was deconfirmed. Well, actually this did happen several months ago and as Sonic Sez, it's no good!

IIRC, didn't they also "leak" out the Sonic Generations DLC? You know, a bunch of bullcrap that has been said by SEGA not to be true? The site just seems to grab onto page hits instead of actual content.

And finally, the ASR article seemed a bit harsh. Especially for TSSZ, where I'm sure they browse these forums all the time and know that it has already been fixed.

/rant

everyone seems to think that they said Ristar and Vectorman were confirmed.....in fact they said "TSSZ has learned from this source that Ristar and Vectorman were also playable characters based on a build received. " WERE playable characters in a build they received. Gillius was a playable character in the first game in an early build. I'm not saying that they are right about that information, I'm trying to say they never confirmed Ristar or Vectorman.....

It's not really TSSZ here though, it's more Nintendolife. I thought we were friends smile.png

They'll probably change their mind when they play the finished thing - and to be fair - someone should have said 'All this is subject to massive change and improvement'. Cest la vie.

Go look at TSSZ's twitter all of you.

According to the SSMB, Sega blacklisted us. Does that I mean I can release this podcast with Aaron they tried very hard to conceal then?

— TSSZ (@tssznews)

September 28, 2012

They really are lurking here.

Edited by Faseeh

of course they are, we don't need their podcast with Aaron lol (providing they actually HAVE one and aren't just bluffing...as usual), we have S0L here and SegaBits interview tongue.png

Edited by Super Soniko

What a sad young man. Poor guy has been taking his role way too serious. Almost seems like he has some kind of mental disorder

Edited by Djawed

• Sonic News

Anyway, changed the front page news story to reflect what I read here and provide a brief summary to show people just how OLD the demo these people are playing is. Hopefully people simmer down now.

Hey heres something interesting. Yesterday I was at Manchester Airport and was invited to the 'Virgin Freequent Flyers' lounge. Despite feeling like I'd won a competition or something the place said it would be an area to relax and unwind before your flight.

Well you'd expect this place to have the best entertainment right? Well, what was the only game they had in there that you could play on? Sonic & Sega all stars Racing. Yup. They had that playing. So my theory is that Richard Branson hires people and they hire people and it slowly works down. So someone decided that ASR should be in the Virgin Freequent Flyers lounge... or to put it another way... Richard Branson approves ASR as being top quality entertainment!

... .. .. .. .. Well thats how I view it anyway... so there.

• Thumbs Up 8

I've also seen it on a cross channel ferry! My friends weren't impressed when I went to have a go :P

So that's Branson and Stena approved. I'm OK with that!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 2

@Hogfather:

Were you handed a drink with Richard Branson shaped ice cubes?

Edited by Barry the Nomad

S0L, I have a question.

Um, you know the last time, the SEGA MILES were earned by staying on the track on the track as much as you can, doing tricks and All-Star Moves and ranking right?

So how will they be earned this time? Will it be the same system? And unlockables will need SEGA MILES right? Sorry if this question has been answered or you can't tell this to us. :(

There isn't the Miles system this time for unlocks, instead it's a little more traditional in so much as you play through various modes to unlock new characters and tracks. Of course there is the XP system so you can level up the characters - but that's something I can't really detail at this time :P

---

S0L

---

I've also seen it on a cross channel ferry! My friends weren't impressed when I went to have a go :P

So that's Branson and Stena approved. I'm OK with that!

---

S0L

---

Wait a second... Richard Branson. He has his own plane train and cruise line... And he's approved the original ASR..! OMG! Richard Branson is the flagman!

• Thumbs Up 8

There isn't the Miles system this time for unlocks, instead it's a little more traditional in so much as you play through various modes to unlock new characters and tracks. Of course there is the XP system so you can level up the characters - but that's something I can't really detail at this time tongue.png

---

S0L

---

That actually sound interesting. :D

*goes out of the pony/Phantasy Star Online 2 thread for once*

Woo, haven't been keeping up with this...

So, has anyone considered the idea of Segata making a(n incredibly badass) cameo in the latest stage/unlock of the game?

That might be a way to give both "best fanservice ever (it's a about character BTW)" and what we've heard in Segabits some validity.

Or it could be other well loved character. I'd be all over an Outrun/Daytona/Ristar/*insert franchise here* character. (while keeping the idea of a Segata cameo, so once again, all the things that were implied would be truth)

Also, a bit unrelated but since we are talking about fanservice I would love to hear something like this at some point of the game:

*goes back to the dark corners of the forum*

• Thumbs Up 2

So, has anyone considered the idea of Segata making a(n incredibly badass) cameo in the latest stage/unlock of the game?

That might be a way to give both "best fanservice ever (it's a about character BTW)" and what we've heard in Segabits some validity.

People have been requesting Segata since the original game. The way I see it, he was a Japanese character known pretty much only to the Japanese fanbase until the old adverts started popping up on YouTube a while ago. And even now only the more dedicated SEGA fans would have a clue who he is. I don't want him to be a playable character, and to be honest I don't even understand why he's so loved.

• Thumbs Up 1