Awoo.

Good Bye to the 360 Elite?

AdventChild

I'd get an Elite for the Falcon chip, the 120 GBs, and the black. I HATE white consoles (my Wii is already broken LOLOLOL) and my 360 gets a RROD regularly. If I had enough money I'd get an Elite.

My Wii is fine, and a lot of people don't buy Xbox 360 Elite, as for prize as for color (racist ones lol). Anyway it's not worth of extra money. Xbox HD cost like it is 1998, not 2009.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• Strong Bad

• Sega DogTagz

• Rave92

I dished out the extra cash for the High-End PS3 but doing so for the Elite 360 just seemed stupid. The 360 model I went for (Pro) looked like the more logical choice for me.

The 360 has been out for a while though. Anyone out there who wanted the elite model probably got one already anyway. At least its likely to result in some price cuts on Sony’s machine which I think he industry could really benefit from.

Sorry? You can justify paying extra for the PS3 but not the 360 Elite? When the Elite has a much bigger hard drive and is a good £100 cheaper than the PS3?

If I had that kind of bunse to burn I'd have gone with the cheaper PS3 and the more expensive 360 console. One good thing about the old low-end PS3 models was that the hard drives were bigger than the original 20GB model 360s.

-As for the whole 360 Elite debate thing, I think it would be a shame if MS took them off the market. As others have pointed out - downloadable content and games are taking on a more prominent role in today's gaming society. It makes more sense for MS to scrap the lower end models of 360.

-But I hope they don't do that either, as it is nice to have a choice on buying a cheaper system (for those that don't really need it for all the downloads).

Best solution would be to either; Make the Elite a more worthwhile buy - maybe by adding wireless network connection (though wired connections are actually better for online gaming).

Or maybe scrap the Elite model and just sell the 120Gb harddrives seperately, but at a cheaper price. The seperate harddrives are too expensive for what they are.

It would also be nice if MS made it so you could download games and demos etc... to any external harddrive. The 360 can read external harddrives (I plug my iPod in and use the music from that instead of in-game music) - but it would be nice if they would allow downloads to go onto ext. hard drives too.

-I'm sure that won't happen, because it would no doubt make pirating games soo much easier.

Really? We havn't had any problems with ours yet (it lies on it's side so that all the vents can work properly and not overheat), that sucks!

Mine is from 2006 and Microsoft keep shipping back ones that are still vulnerable to RRoD. Which is just genius amirite.

and a lot of people don't buy Xbox 360 Elite, as for prize as for color (racist ones lol). Anyway it's not worth of extra money. Xbox HD cost like it is 1998, not 2009.

what is this I don't even.

Mine is from 2006 and Microsoft keep shipping back ones that are still vulnerable to RRoD. Which is just genius amirite.

Aaaah such intelligence.

I do think that it would make more sense to make the Elite more worth the price. A bigger hard-drive is fantastic, but I'd want a bit more for my money, not huge amounts, just a little something extra to sweeten the deal.

The Elite's have a much lower chance of getting the RRoD because of the chipset they use. If that's not a "little something extra," then I don't know what is.

Sorry? You can justify paying extra for the PS3 but not the 360 Elite? When the Elite has a much bigger hard drive and is a good £100 cheaper than the PS3?

Before Sony grabbed the idiot ball, the (old) Premium PS3 used to offer much more over the base model than the Elite ever did over the Pro (which is largely why I no longer give a shit about the PS3. If Sony is willing to be that stupid in their quest for lowering production costs, I no longer feel any need to buy one new any time soon). Not even a contest.

The Elite's have a much lower chance of getting the RRoD because of the chipset they use. If that's not a "little something extra," then I don't know what is.

I'm sure that would go over well:

"XBox 360 Elite - Notably Less Chance of Breaking Under Normal Use"

Edited by Tornado

I'm sure that would go over well:

"XBox 360 Elite - Notably Less Chance of Breaking Under Normal Use"

lol, I don't know many non-gamers who know about RRoD, by that I mean kids who just want a 360 cos their friends have one, and parents who just buy it because their kids nag them, so they probably won't know that the Elite is any better.

That's not true - the first Elites used the same old chipset as any other 360 at the time, and even now MS is not giving any particular preference to it. The Falcon, Jasper and Valhalla chipsets have/will be made available in all 360 varieties around the same time.

Well, Tornado Beat me to answering this one.

I think that if the Elite falls, the price of other consoles will drop and the industry will be that much better off.

O RLY? There was a video of Xbox 360 Elite getting RRoD at first day of turning it on. Xbox could be a great console without RRoD.

Before Sony grabbed the idiot ball, the (old) Premium PS3 used to offer much more over the base model than the Elite ever did over the Pro (which is largely why I no longer give a shit about the PS3. If Sony is willing to be that stupid in their quest for lowering production costs, I no longer feel any need to buy one new any time soon). Not even a contest.

Hmm - are you from the USA?

Just remembered the original American (and Japanese) PS3 models were significantly better than the shit Sony gave us poor Europeans.

As far as I recall the "good" PS3 model in Europe wasn't really that much better than the Xbox 360 Elite. And the only real advantages it had over the other EU PS3 model was that it had a bigger hard drive and could play some PS2 games. (Not all like the decent US PS3).

Really pissed me off at the time, because I would have liked to get the US PS3 model, that had all the mod cons. But the UK one was inferior and too expensive for what it was.

I think that if the Elite falls, the price of other consoles will drop and the industry will be that much better off.

Well MS has already dropped the prices of all the Xbox 360 consoles by quite a lot, but that didn't affect the prices of the other systems.

The Xbox 360 Arcade and Pro models are cheaper than the Nintendo Wii now and the Elite is a good £100+ cheaper than the PS3 - yet Sony and Nintendo don't seem to be budging on their prices.

Not sure if MS getting rid of the Elite would really convince them to drop prices much more. And right now the Elite is MS's way of saying "We have a model 360 that is just as good as the PS3, but look - it's cheaper! ...Buy now!"

O RLY? There was a video of Xbox 360 Elite getting RRoD at first day of turning it on. Xbox could be a great console without RRoD.

Very possible that that was staged.

Local internet/gaming Cafe just had two elites RRoD yesterday, in under a years worth of use. :)

elite's are nawt invincible.

Local internet/gaming Cafe just had two elites RRoD yesterday, in under a years worth of use. :)

Ouch.

One would think that the backlash from stuff like this would be a bit more severe, but the 360 just keeps sticking around.

I wonder if the RRoD is a result of MS getting the 360 out so much earlier before the PS3?

Edited by Sega DogTagz